Customer Service 866.965.0400

2012 Corvette Daytona Prototype Racer

Team Adam's

Love it. If you compare the so called "C7" pics with that, you see similar lines. Really like that color. It's been a while since Corvette had a good blue color. That would be great for 2013.

Love it. If you compare the so called "C7" pics with that, you see similar lines. Really like that color. It's been a while since Corvette had a good blue color. That would be great for 2013.

Eh hem, Jet Stream Blue Metallic! The best color EVER!!!

Definitely has the profile of a Zonda... but thats pretty consistent with most prototype class cars. For example -

Lexus:

24685d1255802697-grand-am-daytona-prototype-2009-season-finale-miami-3-63.jpg

Ford:

continental-tire.jpg?n=3629

BMW:

977214.jpg

Even Pontiac was in it for awhile:

grandam-suntrust-1.jpg

All I know is those cars are a blast to drive on Forza! :lolsmack:

Those cars have always made me nervous with regard to how the doors open; if you were in a wreck and up against a barrier, or upside down, etc. you might not be able to get out. I race an open top car and feel much safer knowing I can get out even if I'm upside down (roll hoop on top).

Nice find Dylan!

Most of those cars are in SC. There used to be a ton of em going through Motec East. Back when we ran Motec, we were in & out of there as well. Those cars are total pieces of sh*t! They look great in pics, but up close, they're junk. Not to knock em, I'm just suprised at what you get for close to $1mil compared to one of our ProMods for $1/4mil.

Fast is all that matters!

Blue Corvettes rule!

Nice find Dylan!

Most of those cars are in SC. There used to be a ton of em going through Motec East. Back when we ran Motec, we were in & out of there as well. Those cars are total pieces of sh*t! They look great in pics, but up close, they're junk. Not to knock em, I'm just suprised at what you get for close to $1mil compared to one of our ProMods for $1/4mil.

Fast is all that matters!

Blue Corvettes rule!

I don't doubt it... similar circuit cars have run out at California Speedway and I have a pit pass there. Up close they were practically held together with duct tape. :D

The GT and P class cars in the ALM series appear to be in much better shape when I've seen them, but its also a much more competitive factory backed series so theres obviously bigger bank accounts at work.

From a price / performance perspective, I think it's very hard to beat the LMPC class in ALMS. Carbon tub, nearly as much downforce as the LMP cars, Corvette engine that will go a whole season on one rebuild, costs in the $350k range. Definitely faster than a Rolex car on anything but an oval, for a lot less.

Thanks for posting Dylan.

From a price / performance perspective, I think it's very hard to beat the LMPC class in ALMS. Carbon tub, nearly as much downforce as the LMP cars, Corvette engine that will go a whole season on one rebuild, costs in the $350k range. Definitely faster than a Rolex car on anything but an oval, for a lot less.

<!-- / message -->

Agree.Nice stable pdisme.:drool:

• 10 months later...

It will be interesting to see what happens with this series now that Grand Am and ALMS have merged.

Personally, I think the ALMS GT class racing is some of the best road racing in the world but I do enjoy the DP cars when I catch them on TV...

As long as Corvettes are winning :patriot: