Customer Service 866.965.0400

can you guys make a rear view mirror hanger, please!

3PedalMINI

I was wondering if you guys would be willing to make or even design a rear view mirror hanger that says on both sides "This car is meticulously maintained, Please do not wash" then have your logo on the bottom or something for when our vehicles go in for service.

I have a printed sheet that i lay on the dash that says DO NOT WASH! and i also tell the service advisor not to wash it. The last two times ive been in for service my note gets misplaced or removed and im not sure how much the mechanics read the sheet that the SA writes on that says DO NOT WASH.

I think it would be cool and even a nice advertising feature if there is a hanger hanging in the windshield of our cars. Especially while being out in the lot waiting to be picked up.

My mini is going in for some serious electrical issues and will be in for over a week. im going to make my own hanger out of paper to hang from the mirror hoping that it doesn't get removed.

Anyway, i think it would be really cool and more of a necessity then a novelty. Have you seen what dealers do to cars :eek:

heres a company that makes them and custom prints to your design... i would gladly pay $20 bucks for a hanger if it helped prevent hours of fixing a wash that was mistaken.

Imprinted Mirror Hang Tag Promotional Products with Logo & Contact Information Printed on Them for Cheap quick google search, maybe you guys can find them even cheaper.;)

Dude... bizarre... I just uploaded the ones I made! HAHAHA

Simpatico?

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/wash-dry-clay-bar/14999.htm

Look at the time I posted them... EXACTLY the same time you posted this (1:27) :willy:

Whoaa! Dude,that is weird! ive been meaning to post something like this for months and finally thought about it.

Anyway, Awesome! they look good. Now, get them printed on plastic :D the mini goes into the dealer on Monday, i doubt ill get the three pack of sealant though :( ill take a pic anyway :)

Also one more thing, do i get a job at Adams? we obviously think the same way :jester::lolsmack:

Bottom line, don't take your car to a dealer! I refuse to take my vehicles to dealerships. I do everything I can myself. If I can't do it, or don't have the time, I have a friend who can. Performance shops are a different story.

Nice job Dylan!

Warranty repair dude... warranty repairs. Thats the only time anything of mine goes in.

Warranty repair dude... warranty repairs. Thats the only time anything of mine goes in.

yeah, same here unless something is MAJOR like heads/tranny/axles.....

Then again, Erics rides are heavily modified so the stealerships would take a look at them and laugh. So he has to be a mechanic:lolsmack:

Great ideas Boys!

Eric, I agree, however the company car goes to a dealer for all servicing as per the fleet operator: have no choice. I keep the exterior and interior to my liking and don't want that touched by anyone else.

Wifes Volvo just went to the dealership for a State Inspection on Tuesday, something I can't do and to make it possible for this thing to end up as a "Certified" pre-owned car someday its got to have some records to prove its service history. I told the Service Advisor upon arrival: do not wash this car. I believe I offended him? I quickly explained I'm very particular in the procedure and materials used on my finish.

The Goat on the otherhand: pretty much like Brendon stated, I don't think I'd dare...

Printed mine up, both sides and had it laminated. I had a 3" strip of laminating material lift on the top. Then cut out a hanger copied from my disabled place card it fits the mirror perfectly and hangs down so the dealer personal can not miss it.

Free oil change coming up Tuesday, I bring my own oil so that I know that the correct spec. oil is used.

Went to the dealer yesterday for a free oil and oil filter change. Well the service writer saw the DO NOT WASH PLACE CARD, and gave me a questioning look but said nothing. No the car was not washed and swirled and scratched. I left with a dusty car but no paint damage was done. :D

yeah, same here unless something is MAJOR like heads/tranny/axles.....

Then again, Erics rides are heavily modified so the stealerships would take a look at them and laugh. So he has to be a mechanic:lolsmack:

I say Eric should try to take the racecar into a local dealer and ask them to do an oil change for him :jester:

The TBSS spent more than its fair share of time at the dealer due to the 'wet paper bag' construction of the drivetrain. Multiple transmissions and a rear end all replaced under warranty. Thats what happens when you put a 400hp LS2 in front of what essentially amounts to a 1980's 700R4 w/ electronics added to it.

If I'd let them wash it when it was in I'd have never gotten all the swirls out.

The Avy has only been in for 1 issue, a rear end clunk... but I fear she may be going back in again. the 2-3 shift slipped bad the other day at WOT :(

The last time it was in I had them wash it on purpose... planning a major detail writeup and to show how much damage a dealer will do to black paint (its bad right now) I may let them wash it again this time just to see how bad it gets. I need a 'winter project' anyways :D

Went to the dealer yesterday for a free oil and oil filter change. Well the service writer saw the DO NOT WASH PLACE CARD, and gave me a questioning look but said nothing. No the car was not washed and swirled and scratched. I left with a dusty car but no paint damage was done. :D

Nice! :cheers:

Archived