Customer Service 866.965.0400

SVRT comparison...

NathanJax

Question

The wifes quest was looking pretty horrible. Took a moment to put some SVRT on the rear bumpers step pad. Figured Y'all would like a 50/50 shot.

Yes this is just SVRT, not black paint...

SVRT-1.jpg

Also did her interior as well. Used my interior cleaning kit with brushes, and even did the rubber molding with SVRT...

Just 1

Wife said, "I didn't notice the difference." :mad:

Please tell me you're kidding:(

Show her the 50/50 and she will change her tune. Most people don't notice, until the pics are put in fron of their face, mostly because they don't don't pay that much attention in the first place.

:glasses:

Thanks Guys,

I noticed that about B2B, Its greasy, especially after its on and you touch it. I also noticed that a few days later it rained and B2B streaked down the paint and on some of the chrome. Its a pain to remove, SVRT seems to be a winner after watching the videos.

Thanks Again :2thumbs:

John

Mothers® Back-to-Black® is a real flat/matte black with next to no gloss or sheen. It has no "bling" and is almost like a paint [re-spray] over severly faded rubber, plastic, painted accents, etc.... it's also a mother to remove should you miss your target.

User beware.

Adam's SVRT is the exact opposite of everything above.... and then some.

Thereby, Adam's SVRT wins.

I don't have to worry about the mother, I find that SVRT wins hands down and lasts a long time.

Mothers® Back-to-Black® is a real flat/matte black with next to no gloss or sheen. It has no "bling" and is almost like a paint [re-spray] over severly faded rubber, plastic, painted accents, etc.... it's also a mother to remove should you miss your target.

User beware.

Adam's SVRT is the exact opposite of everything above.... and then some.

Thereby, Adam's SVRT wins.

Hey guys,

Is SVRT similar to Back to black by Mothers? I tried some of back to black I had and it doesn't last long and it seems runny.

Thanks, John

Similar in that they are both sold as trim dressing - yes

Similar in that they work the same - NO! After using the SVRT (actually just VRT at the time) for the first time I threw out the B to B and tire dressings. SVRT lasts for a long time, isn't greasy, works on tires, and doesn't sling.

My Mini is covered in black trim. I have used several products trying to get the look I like but SVRT is my favorite. I put it on with one of the square Adam's pads and it looks great. Nice and even, not overly shiny and last a long time.

Please tell me you're kidding:(

Show her the 50/50 and she will change her tune. Most people don't notice, until the pics are put in fron of their face, mostly because they don't don't pay that much attention in the first place.

:glasses:

Not kidding. I had to show her this pic and she said, "oh neat"...

One coat huh.... wow!

Did you clean and/or wash the area first? How and what with?

Did you apply the SVRT over the surface first then rub it in or did you put it on an applicator first than spread it around? What applicator did you use?

Did you use tape or something else to divide the two halves? That line that divides the two sides looks amazingly dead-straight considering the surface is rippled.

I'm asking because I've never seen SVRT produce such results as what you've supplied. It looks like it's painted rather than dressed.

Regular wash, dried, and then applied. Her van is a 07 and it's probably never been taken care of. I used SVRT with an Adam's VRT Super Block Dressing Applicator. I used blue paint tape to make the line. I didn't think of it at first, so that's why a little more than 50% is done.

One coat huh.... wow!

Did you clean and/or wash the area first? How and what with?

Did you apply the SVRT over the surface first then rub it in or did you put it on an applicator first than spread it around? What applicator did you use?

Did you use tape or something else to divide the two halves? That line that divides the two sides looks amazingly dead-straight considering the surface is rippled.

I'm asking because I've never seen SVRT produce such results as what you've supplied. It looks like it's painted rather than dressed.

Yeah SVRT is surprising stuff, it is a big favorite of mine, and gets a lot of use.

Gave my 4 oz. sample SVRT bottle to a guy at work, and he is really happy with the results on every surface it's on. Gray cowlings turn black, vinyl tops come back to life, rubber moldings are dark again. Plus it has SPF 35 to help protect from the UV rays..

Archived