Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lets talk about exhaust for my Denali Sierra

bjoeaull

You know Mike, I might take it back for a 2nd tune....need to turn off the smog sensor all-together! I like the smell too, only my wife.....well, not so much!!:D

Adam, my mechanic is killer with GM tuning. Let me know if you want his number. I might say he could fix your issue... Maybe not!

Adam, my mechanic is killer with GM tuning. Let me know if you want his number. I might say he could fix your issue... Maybe not!

We need him Mook! Drop me his info tomorrow at the shop my friend!:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the help guys, I can't seem to be able to pin it down right now, so I'll stew over it til after xmas and see how I feel about setups then!

the shop you went to for the quote... was that for an actual bolt-in kit or him selling you a muffler and bending his own pipe?

one concern i have with that is he most likely does not have a mandrel pipe bender. so there will be restrictions in the system which can actually hurt performance. the nice thing about having a muffler shop put a system in though, is they usually weld all the connections for a leak free seal.

and the Corsa DB Series has the same muffler that comes in the Sport series exhaust. it was actually fairly quiet when i first installed it, but after a few hundred miles it really woke up.

as far as losing backpressure due to having duals, thats rubbish. the system is single exhaust for about 5 feet through the muffler, then it will split to duals. that is very far from the engine, so it will have little effect on performance. only thing that effects that is restrictions (crimped bends, exhaust leaks, restrictive mufflers)

Based off of my reading, sound clips and first hand experience researching exhaust to buy for our Tundra, I am leaning towards a Borla side-exit myself. I have also heard very positive things about Corsa as well. Systems aren't for everyone, but for the amounts some of us pay for our trucks I wouldn't cheap out and slap a set of Flows on there and call it a day. But that's just me.

the shop you went to for the quote... was that for an actual bolt-in kit or him selling you a muffler and bending his own pipe?

one concern i have with that is he most likely does not have a mandrel pipe bender. so there will be restrictions in the system which can actually hurt performance. the nice thing about having a muffler shop put a system in though, is they usually weld all the connections for a leak free seal.

Since this thread is a little older I am not sure if you (OP) have decided on what avenue you wanted to take but I concur with this persons statement. Exhaust-shop systems kinda scare me as far as the shops limitations and tools they can use to make the exhaust. Unless its some uber-nice facility that uses 409ss and a mandrel bender I think that a system would be a better avenue. As mentioned, those bends will get you for performance, also they will cause unnecessary turbulence with the exhaust gasses and will change the exhaust note. Chances are you will get a drone with this, especially at that wonderful highway cruising speed when its the most annoying and will be constant.

In addition to that, being as how you live in indiana I would be worried about corrosion in the system. If I were you I would not do anything other then ss.

Not sure if they make them for your truck but MBRP is a company that primarily makes systems for diesels but also for some gas-burning trucks. Their systems are affordable, they offer aluminized all the way to 304ss. Their 409ss and 304ss systems are lifetime warranty and supposedly have little to no drone. Furthermore, they offer different variations for the same truck (i.e. dump before rear axel, side-exit single or dual or rear-exit single or dual. The more popular the truck, the more they have and being as you have a pretty popular design I could only assume they have what you are looking for.

Here is a link to their website if you are interested...

MBRP Inc Performance Exhaust - Snowmobile, Diesel, Muscle Car, Exotic, Motorcycle and Sport Truck Exhaust Systems.

I have had one of their exhausts on my previous truck and the fit and finish was incredible. If I decided to put something on my new rig it would either be a factory upgraded system or one from them. If you decide to go with them shop around with the model number, I promise you will find them much cheaper just doing the google search thing.

I am the type that likes a nice growl and a little throatier sound but I do not want the whole neighborhood mad at me when I go to start my truck up in the morning and its sitting there with its high-idle. On the flip side, if I am using "highway merge tactics (well thats my excuse anyway)" I like to hear the exhaust accentuate the beast living under the hood.

There is another manufacturer that is similar to mbrp that makes mostly diesel products, Banks. They make systems for gas models as well and they supposedly sound great as well. I do not have personal experience with them but know the company is very reputable so I am sure they make a wonderful product.

Well good luck with your decision and hope to see pictures and a short video clip of your new system!

Hey thanks everyone, and keep them coming! I have been busy, like everyone else I'm sure, and decided to let the ideas marinate over the holidays. So I may make a decision in the near future now that things should calm down.

I do like the idea of a premade system designed for my truck, kinda get a better idea of what your gonna end up with. I guess the appeal of a custom is saving a little money.

Thanks again everyone!

found a pretty good deal online thats hard to pass up! $935 shipped for the dual sport Corsa exhaust! Plus it would come with a $90 gift certificate to spend at that site afterwards. I might pull the trigger on this!

Or I could get the passenger side exit sport system for $775 shipped with a $75 gift certificate. Tough decisions, its a lot of money for an exhaust, but I'm fairly certain will be happy with either one sound wise and looks.

Congratulations on your purchase as I believe you've made a wise decision and an astute investment.

Contrary to what some may [blindly, inaccurately and fatuously] claim, you can never go wrong with quality, high-end, non OEM exhaust systems like Corsa, Gibson, Bassani and Borla.

Apart from Bassani Xhaust - which I've had friends own but yet have not had the personal pleasure - neither one of the others listed have ever let me down in the past..... ever!

Safe driving brother..... and happy tunes.

Its on, looks great! I would prefer the tips closer to the bumper, but looks good. Sounds good, I'm hoping it breaks in a little and gets a touch louder though. I will try to get some sound clips at a later time. See if it breaks in some.

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0601.jpgIMG_0602.jpg

looks great! wise choice going with the Corsa! you won't regret it!

i dunno if they should be that low below the bumper through. did you install it yourself or have a muffler shop do it? its worth asking the installer or calling Corsa to see if its possible to get them closer.

looks great! wise choice going with the Corsa! you won't regret it!

i dunno if they should be that low below the bumper through. did you install it yourself or have a muffler shop do it? its worth asking the installer or calling Corsa to see if its possible to get them closer.

Muffler shop did it, he said that it didn't have a way to adjust the height. I would prefer it a little higher but looks good the way it is too.

Give it time to "break in."

I never believed in an exhaust breaking-in period till' I installed a Corsa Sports on my 05' GTO. After about 1K of driving it sounded amazing, deep, throaty and louder..... then I installed LT's shortly thereafter and it absolutely blew my mind!

• 2 months later...

Archived