Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam -- Who's car is that on the bottles?

Marylander

Is there a story behind it? :cheers: Rich

Indeed, there is a story! That car belongs to a baseball player, who ran out of garage space.

He was storing it with one of our dealers, and when I saw it, I fell in love. While I've got an old Vette, I've always loved 30's Fords.

However, I loved the lines of the car, and asked if we could use it for a day, to have it photographed.

Got permission from the ball player, picked up the car in my trailer, and took it to the studio for photographing. That was back in 2004. Here is the full shot of the car, still, the lines just 'do it' for me.:thumbsup:

Edited by Adam

Indeed, there is a story! That car belongs to a baseball player, who ran out of garage space.

He was storing it with one of our dealers, and when I saw it, I fell in love. While I've got an old Vette, I've always loved 30's Fords.

However, I loved the lines of the car, and asked if we could use it for a day, to have it photographed.

Got permission from the ball player, picked up the car in my trailer, and took it to the studio for photographing. That was back in 2004. Here is the full shot of the car, still, the lines just 'do it' for me.:thumbsup:

Adam, did you forget the attachment? Maybe it's the cold weather up there in Boulder?

Rich

Adam, did you forget the attachment? Maybe it's the cold weather up there in Boulder? Rich

Rich, you may have noticed in previous posts, I'm a little more than a little slow sometimes! Got it now, and thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup:

So whats the players name Adam? Or do you have to keep it a secret?

Indeed, I agreed not to disclose his identity. To be honest, I hadn't heard of him, but I'm no Baseball fan either!

you guys are too funny - we are a close knit group - everybody kind of knows what people drive, considering we go to each others place of work all the time!!! i have never seen that car at any park ive been to, but then again, the said player might not have ever driven that car to the park. i know i would sport it every now and then!

you guys are too funny - we are a close knit group - everybody kind of knows what people drive, considering we go to each others place of work all the time!!! i have never seen that car at any park ive been to, but then again, the said player might not have ever driven that car to the park. i know i would sport it every now and then!

That one would stick out a little, even in the players parking lot :lolsmack:

• 1 month later...

Indeed, it's based on a '39 Ford Cabriolet. Still, it's quite the custom Hot Rod, and doesn't share much with it's original relative!

I only drove it in and out of the trailer, not over 2 mph, unfortunately:(

moz-screenshot-4.jpgpv-01-1431.jpg

main.jpg

Edited by Adam

• 2 weeks later...

As an FYI:

The car is based on a Coast to Coast 1938 Ford roadster body. That design was preceeded by a 1937 Ford body that sold like gang busters !

The design was enhanced by Oze Rod Shop in Canada that is producing the latest incarnation of the design on many platforms, roadsters, coupes and pickups and across th years 1937 thru 1939. I really like their coupe design with the small rear 1/4 windows.

I don't care for the front much though. Just not my cup-o-tea. I think the original design of the 37 grill, front fenders an headlights were elegant way before their time..

( that will be 2 cents please ! ) ;)

dv

Edited by dvalentine

Adam,

The folks at Konocti use the Coast to Coast and Wild Rods bodies.

They are very close to me in Upper Lake Ca, and the owner Maynard is a swell guy.

I heard a rumor that they are struggling and may close. I hope that is NOT true !!

Here is a link to them that WORKS !!! ;)

http://www.konoctimotorco.com/

DV

Edited by dvalentine