Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just ordered a foam gun

bigaudiofanatic

Question

Stupid question but, what are the benefits of a foam gun? Do you still have to wipe it down with a wash pad to get the dirt off? I also am on the fence of buying one any tips would be beneficial sorry for the rookie question.

One thing for sure, you never have to feel sorry for a rookie question on this forum! :group hug:

As I understand it, the foam gun provides a good layer of foam on your car. You will want to rinse the car off first before you hit it with the foam gun. The pre-rinse is to knock off any large particles. Once the foam is laid down, it's purpose is to provide as safe a method as possible for washing your car using the two-bucket system. The foam doesn't actually break down the dirt or dissolve it. The agitation of the mitt across the surface of your car will be the key in removing the dirt. The foam acts as a barrier between dirt and your paint.

Now for my rookie question - I just got my Adam's Foam Gun from Eric and the directions are very sparse to say the least. I've got the canister, the screw lid, the gun, a small piece of vinyl tubing and then a plastic bag with several different colored inserts (?). I'm not sure what to do with the multi-colored pieces? What are they for? Where do I place them? As it is right now, I have the gun set up without any colored plastic pieces anywhere. So, anybody who has an Adam's Foam Gun, I'd appreciate your input on how to set it up. FWIW, I have low water pressure at my house, so I'm not sure if those pieces have anything do with the pressure.

Thx

Now for my rookie question - I just got my Adam's Foam Gun from Eric and the directions are very sparse to say the least. I've got the canister, the screw lid, the gun, a small piece of vinyl tubing and then a plastic bag with several different colored inserts (?). I'm not sure what to do with the multi-colored pieces? What are they for? Where do I place them? As it is right now, I have the gun set up without any colored plastic pieces anywhere. So, anybody who has an Adam's Foam Gun, I'd appreciate your input on how to set it up. FWIW, I have low water pressure at my house, so I'm not sure if those pieces have anything do with the pressure.

Thx

The inserts are for the ratio of shampoo to water.

I have a foam gun similar to the Adam's. It came with 3 colored inserts (blue, green, yellow) that adjust the pull from the bottle. I found out the following with some searching.

No insert in pickup- 12:1

42:1 (larger internal diameter)

Blue 64:1 (recommended as the standard one)

128:1 (smallest inside diameter)

I do not have them handy so I do not know if green or yellow has the most flow.

Gilmour is all I've used, and I must admit, I'm very UNDERwhelmed :( with it. It puts out a decent amount of foam, but it doesn't 'stick' to the car well like you see with the pressure washer versions. I've tried different soap levels, water levels, output settings, and they all seem roughly the same....poor (BTW, I'm using the "D" setting with 2oz Adam's Car Shampoo and I slowly fill the rest with water). It's nice that I don't have to pull out my pressure washer everytime though, but if it doesn't get the job done, then the point is moot.

I have a Husky electric pressure washer, and after examining the nozzle heads, it's not very modular, i.e. no threaded attachment points, just 1/4 turn plastic ones. I may need a whole new handle to even be able to use a foam attachment. Anyone else experienced this?

Have you tried filling the chamber with water, then say, adding 3 oz of Car Shampoo in it...putting the lid on it, and sloshing it around? I know for a fact the G brand gun can work pretty okay. Not like the Hydrofoamer, but you should still be able to get better sudsing...

Mook

The metering tips are used to control flow. I personally run my gun without a tip, wide open. If you have low pressure, you're def gonna want to run it wide open. I have yet to find a reason I would want to meter flow.

I start by filling the canister with water up to the neck. Then I add 2-4oz of Adam's Car Shampoo, screw the top on, then gently swirl.

Eric, that's basically the formula I used and even with lower water pressure, it did a great job of shooting foam all over the car. If I had it to do all over again, I'd order it from you again. It's definitely worth the money AND it's one of the Adam's MADE IN USA foam guns so that's definite bonus!

Now, if we could just get through winter and move straight on into summer where it stays light here until like 9:00pm!

I have gotten to the point that I put just enough for a 1 car wash. So i end up using it all, if the wife washes same time i do then I double up on soap and water and her SUV takes a bit more soap to cover it all.

But I never leave any soap in the foam gun cannister. I wash and rinse it after every use and put it away, thats just me.

The pressure washer foamers are great, but like mentioned, requires a Pressure Washer!

I have a couple of the Adam's Foam Guns still in stock. They are Made In USA.

I also have a Gilmour II and it is not even close to the Adam's Gun in foam output. I have my Adam's Gun at my house and the Gilour at our shop. I'm dissapointed everytime I was a vehicle at the shop and have to use the Gilmour!

Would you happen to have any Adam's Foam Guns left Eric?:xfingers:

i had the foam gun but was looking for something that would make the foam stick a little better....well i tried to get a foam cannon but the attachements wouldnt work with my pressure washer so i ended up getting a tornador foam gun to hook up to my air compressor...i havent gotten to use it yet but this spring i will be busting it out

Archived