Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pampering my ISF this weekend - does this sound logical?

LBmtb

Question

Picked up a black on black 2011 Lexus ISF a couple weekends ago and got my first batch of Adam's stuff a couple days ago. I have time both Friday and Saturday to wash/clean and then do light polish, sealant, and wax. Problem is that I accidentally received buttery wax instead of the Americana that I ordered and it'll likely be here Saturday. So . . . I was thinking of splitting it into two days as follows:

Friday: strip wash, claybar, revive polish, and sealant.

Saturday: waterless wash, brilliant glaze, americana.

Paint is in pretty good condition but I noticed a couple small light scratches and some fairly minor swirls. I also have the swirl & haze polish but won't use it unless revive doesn't do the job.

Thoughts? Does it sound like a decent plan? Should I wait till Saturday and do it all then? Or...

Thanks! :hi:

17 answers to this question

Props to Adam's customer service! I was in the middle of claying when Fedex dropped off the Americana; a day earlier than I expected it. So I decided to do the whole thing today. It was pretty therapeutic. Just me, some tunes, and the F in the garage. Improvements for next time: forgot to dress the tires and not sure if I waited enough time between the sealant and brilliant glaze. I wasn't keeping track of time and might have got impatient. Also saw the IPA trick too late so will give that a go next time around.

Thanks for all the help guys! Still learning but pretty happy with the results. :)

You got the plan in the correct order bro, and it sounds good.

Wash - clay - polish - IPA wipedown - sealant - wax

The reason for the IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) wipedown is because the sealant will adhere better to a purely clean paint surface. The alcohol removes any oils left behind from the polishes. Make sense?? I just did this on my new Wrangler. Simply squirt a good ol' bottle of $1.00 alcohol onto a single soft microfiber, and give the entire car a quick wipedown with it, very simple. I just put the cap on the bottle & poked a hole in it, for a small stream to come out. :)

But your order is correct. And like mentioned above. Because you can put Americana over the sealant one or two hours later, the entire process could be completed in one day. Unless you just wanted to do it over two days. We need pics when it's done!! :)

Are the black Lexus/Toyota paints still single stage or are do they have a clearcoat nowadyas?

Either way, please post pictures when you're done. I love me some IS-F.

Yes all Toyota/Lexus have clear coats now..Lexus are usually a 3 stage paint and from my experience the clear is EXTREMELY hard just FYI

I wish I could have me an IS-F!! But for now I'm with the 2001 IS :thumbsup:

Are the black Lexus/Toyota paints still single stage or are do they have a clearcoat nowadyas?

Either way, please post pictures when you're done. I love me some IS-F.

I did some research and from it looks like that the Lexus 212 Black Obsidian is a multiple stage paint and does have clear. The old 202 Toyota Black Onyx is a one stage paint. :cheers::thumbsup:

I was thinking of splitting it into two days as follows:

Friday: strip wash, claybar, revive polish, and sealant.

Saturday: waterless wash, brilliant glaze, americana.

Excellent plan. With the QS you only need to wait for a hour or so before applying the BG and Americana, so you could do all the steps on one day.

This is the perfect plan for MSS, as it needs to cure for 12-24 hours before applying anything on top of it.

Yup, all by hand. I'm making sure to set aside a good chunk of time. Good to know about the swirl & haze remover. Already starting reading up on PC's. :loser:, lol.

Are the steps I listed in the right order? Not a bad idea to split it into two days like that?

so i'm assuming your doing all this by hand?

yes you will need to use the SHR on the lights scratches and swirls, but theres no guarantee it'll remove them by hand. it may only reduce there appearance. once you start applying BG, you may want to lather on an extra thick coat or put on 2 coats to help hide the light scratches and swirls even more. either way it will be an improvement over what they currently look like.

your gunna love the products your about to use, and if you stick around here longer, your most likely gunna end up with a PC or FLEX to really correct that paint to perfect! we all gave in and bought one, its okay :lol:

Archived