Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay patent out

GTO Guy

I've seen some alleged Clay alternatives....

Dylan, have you seen those? Used them?

:pc:No, I'm not Dylan, but yes I've used an alternative. I tried the liquid clay by the turtle brothers with mixed results. It worked "ok" using a terry cloth applicator and scrubbing till my fingers were numb, but terry is not exactly what I would call a finish friendly applicator. To me, the only thing that works like clay is clay, and it takes the least effort to achieve the best results.

:pc:No, I'm not Dylan, but yes I've used an alternative. I tried the liquid clay by the turtle brothers with mixed results. It worked "ok" using a terry cloth applicator and scrubbing till my fingers were numb, but terry is not exactly what I would call a finish friendly applicator. To me, the only thing that works like clay is clay, and it takes the least effort to achieve the best results.

Technically thats not even an alternative... thats a mislabeled product from TW. Its nothing more than a cleaning polish, similar to what Revive is. It won't remove bonded contamination like a bar will.

This from the same companies that sell polishes that provide protection and waxes that remove swirls :help:

Technically thats not even an alternative... thats a mislabeled product from TW. Its nothing more than a cleaning polish, similar to what Revive is. It won't remove bonded contamination like a bar will.

This from the same companies that sell polishes that provide protection and waxes that remove swirls :help:

Yeah :lol: I'm not speaking about some crap you get off the shelf at ChinaMart.

I've seen them, held them, haven't used them. It's tough to describe...comes in like 4 different grades too. I just can't think of the name.

At any rate, I can't wait for the Patent to really be gone!

Mook

:lol::lol: "ChinaMart" Love it! Hey, speaking of such things....the other day I almost bought my dog some "Chewy Louie" chicken jerky strips at the pet store. I was reading the label on the back...."Made in China". Since I didn't wan't to feed my dog Chinese Food, I put the bag back.

The next day, I go to the local Italian Deli and buy myself a nice jar of pickled italian garlic mushrooms, get home crack open the jar and dug into the nastiest, slimiest food product you could imagine. The product was labeled Breckenridge Farms, sounds like a fine American Farm right? Well, turns out the mushrooms were grown and canned in China.

Folks, do we make "ANYTHING" here anymore? We not only get our pet food from China, now we are getting our food supply from them too. We can't even grow a freaking mushroom here??? I'm sickened by it. No one, including the politicians, except folks here understand what this does to our country and our workforce.:mad:

Its getting worse sadly.

Anymore its almost impossible to have nothing made in China, but I do my best to choose alternatives when they're available and one area that holds true is food. We have a strict NO CHINA food policy in our house... I don't trust food from there. Scariest of all is how much of the fish sold at Costco and places like that now comes from China! Doesn't seem right to consume "fresh fish" that was on the other side of the world when it was killed and held to no standards. If you do some reading on it you'll be disgusted... the chinese fish farm is rapidly becoming the norm and the conditions are putrid.

This is a country that has painted childrens toys with lead, made lead infused drinking glasses that were given away at McDonalds, and has poisoned dogs. No way, no how!

We shop at local places, not big chains, as much as we can or stick to stores like Sprouts, Trader Joes, or Whole Foods. You pay a bit more, but they offer a much better selection of quality organic foods, local options, and similar.

Heres a nice quote from the co-founder/CEO of Stone Brewery that I recently came across:

Become A Food Zealot! Reprogram yourself by developing a distrust of the commodity food system. Come again? Yep, there’s no easier way to keep up an activity then if you believe in the principles behind it. In the western world, it’s not really ‘programming’ as much as it’s ‘deprogramming.’ We’ve been taught to believe that if it’s on the shelf in the grocery store, or on the menu, then it must be okay. It’s not. Not by a long shot. A common reaction is “I don’t want to know (because then I’ll have to change my eating to reflect the new knowledge).” Yes, you will. And that is the point. If you’re so lazy, tired or weak-willed that just the idea of this turns you away, then I truly wonder how you got this far. But you’re neither. Accordingly, the last two points here are tools by which to reprogram. The first step is to admit there is a problem. However, this problem is not with you. The problem is with our food and our food system. Believe in it, and you expose your physical and mental health to its ills. Develop a healthy (key word there) distrust, and you might just have a chance.

:lol::lol: "ChinaMart" Love it! Hey, speaking of such things....the other day I almost bought my dog some "Chewy Louie" chicken jerky strips at the pet store. I was reading the label on the back...."Made in China". Since I didn't wan't to feed my dog Chinese Food, I put the bag back.

The next day, I go to the local Italian Deli and buy myself a nice jar of pickled italian garlic mushrooms, get home crack open the jar and dug into the nastiest, slimiest food product you could imagine. The product was labeled Breckenridge Farms, sounds like a fine American Farm right? Well, turns out the mushrooms were grown and canned in China.

Folks, do we make "ANYTHING" here anymore? We not only get our pet food from China, now we are getting our food supply from them too. We can't even grow a freaking mushroom here??? I'm sickened by it. No one, including the politicians, except folks here understand what this does to our country and our workforce.:mad:

This.

I'm dying over here about to pee my pants....nice work!

We will still have clay. We are hoping for better clay though.

What's considered better clay? I never really got too in depth with Clay, all I know is it works to get crap off my trucks and I like it. What would make it better?

Im so confused. I read through this thread like 5 times and still can't figure out whats going on.

No more Clay Bars?

There is a single company that has the patent on clay sold in the US. There are lots of other companies outside the US that make clay, but they are not allowed to import it. I understand that some clay available in Canada is superior to what we are able to get.

Speaking of chicken for dog food, there was a recent warning about Chinese chicken in dog food. Don't buy any.

There is a single company that has the patent on clay sold in the US. There are lots of other companies outside the US that make clay, but they are not allowed to import it. I understand that some clay available in Canada is superior to what we are able to get.

Let me guess... does the name start with an M?

Let me guess... does the name start with an M?

Nope it is a company called auto magic. From what I found in a brief search they defend their patent tooth and nail and have forced a few companies out of business by saying their patent was infringed on. They have even gone after the big m's.

We have entered the last year of the patent held by AutoMagic! Hallelujah.

Read more here, and the other clay bars that we will be selling soon are fantastic. All clay in the USA must be either made, or licensed by AutoMagic.

Read more here:http://www.claymagic.net/PressReleases/7-5-05-Judgment.pdf

The fact that AM, now owned by the Illinois Tool Works, Inc. (ITW) still make the bars overseas makes me want to puke.

The fact that AM didn't license the better bar, and make a nickel bothers me, and trust me, as soon as this patent expires, better clay will be available on or site! And it WILL CERTAINLY be Made in the USA.:patriot:

Archived