Customer Service 866.965.0400

Product Review: Work Platform

07RS4

Question

So I went to Lowes to get some bolts for my PC, and came across a nice workplatform that I've been wanting to get for a while, and finally picked it up. I told my wife I needed it for painting, bwahahaha.

Washing, polishing, waxing the roof of my van, windshield and customers trucks windshields and roofs have always been a pain in my behind because of the step stool I use from the kitchen. I also use this 3-step stool to "cut-in" from the wall to the ceiling when I paint, and it was a pain in the but, and it would have to be move often.

I picked up this handy workplatform (Werner), and used it when I washed the van today. I love it! I posted some picks below to show you how it looks compared to a mini-van. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Pros:

1. Cost $44

2. Lightweight

3. Legs lock in place easily and securly

4. Anti-skid ribbing for when your shoes get wet

5. Height is perfect for the van, only have to move it twice per side

6. Get the middle of the windshield with-out stepping on the tire

Cons:

1. Not made in the USA...sorry:(

That's all so far!!!

Here are the pics:

WorkPlatform3.jpg

WorkPlatform2.jpg

WorkPlatform4.jpg

WorkPlatform.jpg

-D

nice, I have been seeing this and trying to find a reason to make myself buy it haha. been using other cheap things to do it. been using other scaffolding i have around, but its so jenky haha.

What's up with your quote in your sig? What do you have against turbos?:pc:

Wel-Bilt platform on Amazon for $21.99

Can't beat that. Looks like the exact same thing.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wel-Bilt-Folding-Aluminum-Platform-Capacity/dp/B0039ZC434/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329493046&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Wel-Bilt Folding Aluminum Platform - 330Lb. Capacity: Home Improvement[/ame]

Wel-Bilt platform on Amazon for $21.99

Can't beat that. Looks like the exact same thing.

Amazon.com: Wel-Bilt Folding Aluminum Platform - 330Lb. Capacity: Home Improvement

I'd have to compare the two..good find though. Two issues that stand out...

1. It's over a foot shorter (length). Doesn't sound like much, but that would kill you on a large detail, and take away one of the major advantages of the "platform" idea.

2. Shipping is $11....So for $10 more, the Werner is still the better buy.

Amazon is highly overpriced for the Werner....Lowe's....$44. Around Christmas they where $19.

I'd have to compare the two..good find though. Two issues that stand out...

1. It's over a foot shorter (length). Doesn't sound like much, but that would kill you on a large detail, and take away one of the major advantages of the "platform" idea.

2. Shipping is $11....So for $10 more, the Werner is still the better buy.

Amazon is highly overpriced for the Werner....Lowe's....$44. Around Christmas they where $19.

Well the other one from Amazon has a higher weight limit - something handy for me if I want to carry a PC AND a single soft with me.;)

Edit: I learned how to spell soft!

Edited by Tim

Well the other one from Amazon has a higher weight limit - something handy for me if I want to carry a PC AND a single sofe with me.;)

A little on the hefty side...got it:lol::lol:

I didn't even look at the weight limits of each....good point.

A little on the hefty side...got it:lol::lol:

I didn't even look at the weight limits of each....good point.

Yeah, you get up to around 215, add a PC or Flex, some polish in the pockets of your apron.....

Put some padding around the edges just in case!

Absolutely. Just ask my PDR guy how I know. First wash on my black TBSS in '07 with less than 40 miles on it and ding...ooh no...did I....AHHH. :help:

Other than that, it's invaluable to me and I use it during every wash and detail.