Customer Service 866.965.0400

To tint front windows or not?

bigaudiofanatic

Should I tint the front windows?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should I tint the front windows?

• Yes
    • No

Simply put I am debating tinting my front windows. I have talked to some people that never get pulled over for it and others it was just a hasstle. In NJ it is illegal for the fronts to be tinted.

I was thinking

Rear 20-30%

Front 40%

Anyone have any experience with front tint?

I was told they can't prove you tinted it because they can't get the machine over it. I think that's BS, and I wasn't going to have it.

I tinted my side and back windows 30% and have gotten a ticket for them. If I'd have done the front, I'd have more tickets.

Plus, I really don't like the idea of not being able to see the driver at all. That's coming from the motorcyclist in me...

Chris

I was told they can't prove you tinted it because they can't get the machine over it. I think that's BS, and I wasn't going to have it.

I tinted my side and back windows 30% and have gotten a ticket for them. If I'd have done the front, I'd have more tickets.

Plus, I really don't like the idea of not being able to see the driver at all. That's coming from the motorcyclist in me...

Chris

Well it is ok to tint the rears as dark as you want. The fronts are not allowed. However i have talked to a few cops that say that if you have it light enough we can see you we will not give you a hard time. I to am a motorcyclist.

50% is a reasonable level so that you can still see the driver. i have my fronts tinted to match how the rears come from the factory which is 50% IIRC. i'm not a big fan of different windows having different shades of tint, except the windshield which should always be 0% for safety reasons.

Tint but go only to legal limits, if you state watches them. I know here, 2 guys that work for me, just got tickets for driver and passenger door windows to dark,, a ticket and must peel them. Not worth the pain..

I'm a member of the fish bowel society,so you know where i stand on tinting. But as always to each his/her own. This is what I use :glasses:shades.

I have a few pairs

Oakley Xmetal Xhalf

Oakley Whiskers

Ray Ban RB8305 in carbon fiber

I am all about the :glasses:

3pedalmini is trying to get me to do all 20%

I like the windows to match, but you can go too dark also. Remember a dark interior will make the tint look darker as well as a light color paint. A white car with 20% looks darker to me than a black car with 20%. Just keep it legal and go for it!

Oh of course, you going to back my car ouy of my long driveway early in the morning or late at night to!!!!

haha. That's why we have windows that roll down.

You can't go wrong with this look:

G8MURDEROUTPHOTOSHOOT001.jpg

Love my tint! My fronts are 20 but everyday I wish they were darker.

A friend of mine has had 5 in front and limo in back for near a year and no problems.

AND

This is coming from Cali! Strictest state ever. Don't even get me started on their emissions...

I had 15% on my black s10 no problems. Blue SS Silverado 15% up front 2 tickets in a month. black grand prix sedan gt 30% all around except windshield no tickets. I think its just a matter of how much you stick out if you get noticed or not. On my current truck I plan on running 30% all around with a strip on the windshield and fingers crossed no tickets but my luck I have a police officer that lives 3 doors down from me but I tried to get a RX for tint this year and my eye doctor told me they stopped it this year in IA not sure why but my eyes are sensitive to bright lights and such and I asked him about it if he would give me and he said yes he would if he could so therefor I am gonna go forward with the tint and just deal with the cops.

i did 20% all around and gunna have 50% on the windshield soon. no problem at night and helps me get the halos off of the lights as i have a few problems with my eyes. Have to match if your doing them though, just looks weird if you dont. Most of the time i get pulled over I just roll them down anyways, no matter the time of the year to make the officer feel safer. Just got pulled over last week actually and rolled them down and was never asked about them, i have a prescription but still i dont want to make the officer worried. windows down, keys on the dash, hands on the wheel, license out, just makes their life and yours alot easier, your already caught anyways.

Wifes White Volvo XC70 Wagon 30% in the back with 35% on the front two, wish I'd have done the same the whole way around: 35%. 30% is too dark to see out the back glass at night when backing up. Putting the window down does nothing. You have to open the door and look out to the rear of the car, kinda' dangerous.

GTO 28% sides and back: perfect for a show car.

In PA, and haven't been stopped in either car and the Volvo's had it's tinted since 2007.

My daughter got pulled over for tint violation in my Magnum. It's factory and only in the rear :lolsmack:

Archived