Customer Service 866.965.0400

PAD Care Question

STex

Question

If you do not finish polishing in one day, can you carry over the pads to the next day without cleaning? Or do you need to clean them and have a second set for the second day?? Thanks for the reply.

25 answers to this question

spare pads, clay, microfiber are all good ideas. Dropped a pad polish side down in the middle of a polishing session, just shrugged and got out one of the spares. Same with clay - "whoops, dropped that one - ah well, get out the other jar of clay".

having a few extra is always nice, for example i dropped one pad in the middle of my last detail, landed face flat on the ground of my garage. Had another set aside and picked it up and used that to finish the detail as the other soaked, and cleaned both out when i finished up. Like that toilet paper ad ive seen lately goes, gotta back up your back-up haha :D

If you guys want the most bang for your buck....

2 oz of APC in a bucket of hot water, soak for 15 minutes and hose off with a strong stream of water until the water runs clear.

Would 409 or Simple Green work as well

If you guys want the most bang for your buck....

2 oz of APC in a bucket of hot water, soak for 15 minutes and hose off with a strong stream of water until the water runs clear.

If only we were testing something that would help you clean pads quicker, but in some cases, also on the fly while detailing.

If only...

hmmmmm, I wonder what you could possibly be talking about. I shall have to ponder this a moment.

The sooner you spray a pad with APC the easier it is to clean. Also, if you only use the proper amount of polish (3 drops) it is easier to clean. and if you rince it out as soon as you can it is easier to clean. The longer you wait to clean the pads the harder it is and the longer it takes. I try to wash mine as soon as I am done with each job.

Ok I pondered, I have no idea what Mook is talking about.

Actually I already have one to clean my pads on the fly. I use the handle of a Craftsman screwdriver against the pad while slowly spinning. Outside the garage of course.

Probably not as good as Adams but it gets the job done and Craftsman does carry a lifetime warranty.

When I was doing my car I didn't have a round handled driver around. The bottom of an Adams bottle works pretty well too.

Or buy multiple sets and wash one set while you work with the other set. I have three sets of PC pads and two sets of Flex. You never know you may also accidentally drop a pad and need to finish without the wait.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Think about it, does your food dry out in the fridge in an air tight container?

I spritz them with some DS, place them in the Zip-Loc bag, zip them shut and place them in the hydrator drawer. They're just as damp when I pulkl them out as they were when I put them in: as much as a week later.

I've got a bunch of pads, even so I hate washing them every day I use them if I'm not finished. The fridge works just fine.

Good tip Dave!

I spritz them with some DS, place them in the Zip-Loc bag, zip them shut and place them in the hydrator drawer. They're just as damp when I pulkl them out as they were when I put them in: as much as a week later.

I've got a bunch of pads, even so I hate washing them every day I use them if I'm not finished. The fridge works just fine.

Certainly makes sense to me

And that keeps them from drying out??

For multipule day jobs I place the pads in large zip-loc bags and put them in the refrigerator in the garage.

I know you can put paint brushes in the freezer and reuse. Not sure about the freezer and what it would do to a pad and product...? So far sounds like an extra set is needed.

Its always best to wash the pads after your done polishing for the day. If you buy the pad washer and wash your pads as instructed, your pads will dry very quickly. By washing them by hand and rinseing them, it normally takes a lot longer for them to dry.

If you do not finish polishing in one day, can you carry over the pads to the next day without cleaning? Or do you need to clean them and have a second set for the second day?? Thanks for the reply.

You better clean them, or they will dry out and cause some serious dusting.Thats why its nice to have more than one of each pads.

Archived