Customer Service 866.965.0400

Charge Friends?

Adamized

Just got my adams stuff. Ready to practice on other people's cars:pc:

I posted my supplies on Facebook, and got some interest from my friends at school. Now, onto my question. A good friend of mine asked me to do his car.

Should I charge him? It doesn't feel right to me, but I'm jobless as of right now.

:help:

Just got my adams stuff. Ready to practice on other people's cars:pc:

I posted my supplies on Facebook, and got some interest from my friends at school. Now, onto my question. A good friend of mine asked me to do his car.

Should I charge him? It doesn't feel right to me, but I'm jobless as of right now.

:help:

Yes

I have done some friends cars, I just charge them less because they are friends but they still have to pay something. Your tools and supplies aren't

free so they shouldn't expect a free detail.

At the very minimum i would charge for supplies.

Have to agree here. And I bet once he sees how great a job the stuff does, he'll end up ordering his own. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I do a friend's car now and then if I have the time, but those that won't attempt to take care of the finish, they only get a wash and a wax. No sense in busting your tail if they will destroy your work in weeks. A little wax and some SVRT will make a lot of people happy.

Make a deal with him... He takes you and the wife/gf out to dinner, or does something for you that he's good at.

Good idea. I swapped drywall repair by my neighbor for a detail and headlight polish.

If you want to work for free, come out to my house and help with my truck. I will even supply the products that need to be used.

Hey if you want to show me how it's done we can meet up somewhere, I'll bring my supplies too.

since your learning, meh have him pay for product and a night out on the town. Its always best to learn on someone elses :)

thats always a weird and hard boundary. either trade for something or charge him something but less then what you would charge a regular person. Now if he was their to help you along side then i feel he should bring good company,beer(or soda) and food.

Me, i can count on one hand who i would do a free detail for. Unless she is SUPER HOT and is willing to help wearing a bikini :D anyway, i digress.

I agree with at least charging for the cost of your products.

I do the same with my family and friends, except for my sisters black Denali XL. Her 4 kids trash that thing like a tornado went thru it. For her I charge around $100 or more depending on how much cereal and snacks are stuck in the carpets!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If it's a really close friend, I charge beer.

If it's someone I know pretty well, 50 bucks.

Family... 100

People I only talk to on occasion... 150-200 depending on size

your too nice, i would charge family triple :D

too bad they haven't asked me to. they don't care about their cars, so they just run them through the torture chamber at the local car wash every quarter.

I'm doing a close friends civic for 50 soon. And he's buying pizza, hanging out, having a few beers. So it'll be time to relax while working on the paint. Plus I can buy more stuff after. He is crazy about his car care so I know my work will be preserved.

I'd probably charge 20 just to wash and do a quick wax (product I use that's similar to butter wax) on many of my neighbors small/midsized vehicles. +10 for a vacuum.

The only people I do anything for free is the ones I'm sleeping with. Otherwise you get charged. With some friends it might only be material and or beer. But I no longer work for free.

Now I do have a couple friends were we help each other. They help me with my stuff and I help them. There the payment is that we do help each other.

For family.......found it's better to not deal with them at all.

Archived