Customer Service 866.965.0400

07 Corvette C6 gets "Adamized"

I wanted to share this recent exterior detail project I performed for one of my VIP customers C6. I perform this for him at least bi annually, so here are series of photos showing my son, wife and I bring it to life!

It had some minor contaminants and fine hairline scratches on the surfaces...so my customer decided on a 2 step paint correction service.

Vehicle was thoroughly pre-rinsed with R/O water, cleaned using Adams Car Wash Shampoo and rinsed with R/O water

Wheels treated with Adams Green Wheel Cleaner and that stout wheel lug brush thats awesome

Wheel Wells cleaned and degreased with Adams APC

Wheel Wells treated with Adams Undercarriage Spray

DSC_0414-1.jpg

All surfaces prepped to remove bonded contaminants

DSC_0416.jpg

Some tar and paint splatter was visible on the lower wheel well egdes and rockers

DSC_0421.jpg

Thorough air drying af all surfaces

DSC_0422.jpg

Chrome Wheels gets some TLC with Adams Metal Polish

DSC_0423.jpg

Exhaust tips gets some love also with 4 oooo steel wool and Adams Metal Polish for the carbon build up.

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

After my son completed the prep of all the surfaces and it was nice and smooth, I proceeded to use Adams Fine Machine Polish with my PCXP.

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

My son chases me to remove the FMP

DSC_0430.jpg

Some of the first step results after FMP was removed

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

That red was poppin! back to the fine polishing....

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

Some more reflection shots after the FMP was removed

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

For my choice of LSP...Adams Americana, I love this stuff!

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

My son chased the American off while I treated the tires and trim with Adams VRT

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0467.jpg

My wife tends to the glass using Adams Glass Cleaner

DSC_0468.jpg

One last final wipe down and inspection for the ultimate "Adamized" C6 using Adams Detail Spray.

DSC_0470.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

Some finishing photo's..

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

Thanks for viewing my work!

• 3 weeks later...

Car looks awesome!

But, wouldn't it be bad to detail outside because of dust, pollen, other contaminants that could land on the finish right before you go over them with the PC? Possibly a noob question, but I'd like to know.

• 1 month later...
Car looks awesome!

But, wouldn't it be bad to detail outside because of dust, pollen, other contaminants that could land on the finish right before you go over them with the PC? Possibly a noob question, but I'd like to know.

I think at the pace they were moving, with his son chasing him in product removal, and his ability to apply the next layer, they would be fine. You are somewhat correct in needing to be aware of those things. But in that climate under those conditions, the chances of something damaging falling on that Vette, within that time frame would be one in 100million. Plus, they were right on top of it, in order to notice it, should the small chance something land on it, they could take care of it immediately.

Archived