Customer Service 866.965.0400

What does your house look like?

Maxspeed

Thanks Ryan! Great porch to sip a scotch and watch the kids play from.

I BG'd all the windows last week. :willy:

thats nuts! i would do the same if we didn't have frequent dust storms. i might pull out the glass sealant one weekend though!

My wife was beside herself. She rolled her eyes when I broke out the green towels, the margarita spray, the BG applicator and a SS. And once I was done she was AMAZED.

There are two bay windows, 2 sash windows, 2 sets of french doors, and our 9 light arched front door. All have transom lights except for the front door. Zats a lot of glass. But damn are they crystal clear and sparkly.

And that's just the front of the house on the first floor!

I forgot my willy.

:willy: :willy: :willy:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

a refrigerator box with a stove box on the side for my bedroom.

:)

We just finished the pool a few weeks ago. It's been a swamp for the last 2 years (bought the house May 2010).

I paint houses for a living, so I painted the 25 year old concrete around the pool. Free-handed the accent band around the pool - pool guy had never seen it before, he's selling it to his new customers when he installs a liner - I love how word of mouth is building my business.

Now to finish the landscaping around the pool. Ugh.

77ec9428.jpg

83e7fa55.jpg

Edited by KicktoTheJunk

a refrigerator box with a stove box on the side for my bedroom.

:)

We just finished the pool a few weeks ago. It's been a swamp for the last 2 years (bought the house May 2010).

I paint houses for a living, so I painted the 25 year old concrete around the pool. Free-handed the accent band around the pool - pool guy had never seen it before, he's selling it to his new customers when he installs a liner - I love how word of mouth is building my business.

Now to finish the landscaping around the pool. Ugh.

77ec9428.jpg

83e7fa55.jpg

Nice work Bob!

We just signed loan docs on our new place... It's a good size single story @ 2150sq ft, 3 bed, 2 bath. Wish it had some more property, but its just the nature of homes in so. cal.

House51812.jpg

I can't wait to get that van outta my driveway!

Nice Ryan! Moving is SO enjoyable too...

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!

Just got the window tint done on the house. 20% semi reflective all the way around. $400.00 for the whole thing from my buddy :D

100_9324-1.jpg

Nice! We're getting it done on the East side of the house. They call it 45 SPF though. It's semi reflective too.

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!

• 1 month later...

welp! we're all moved in now... still have some stuff to unpack, including stuff in the garage. all my Adam's gear has found its home in the laundry room, so its real close to the garage, but indoors.

here's what it looks like now. we're still waiting on the rod-iron fence and gate that closes in that side yard.

wife took these pics... sometimes i wonder why she takes pics the way she does (i.e. not getting the whole house in the frame)

post-2402-136818080805_thumb.jpg

post-2402-136818080813_thumb.jpg

post-2402-13681808082_thumb.jpg

check out my lawn... it requires no watering, no cutting, and is guaranteed to stay green year round ;)

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Congratulations Ryan! Love your house. You've got a good sized garage there. Plenty of room to get your "shine on" :thumbsup:

Nice House, Must feel good to live in a brand spanking new home

great looking house!

thanks guys! yes i'm glad we went with 3 car garage on our first home. now i have an excuse to get my weekend sports car back!

yes it does feel good, but going through the house theres a few minor things they overlooked that they're coming to fix. (fan blades and door knobs with loose screws, paint touch ups, a door not latching, hot/cold water knobs reversed on a bath tub) nothing major.

my wife has talked me into building a pool. we interviewed a few companies out here and are putting a deposit down saturday.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

I'm jealous of your garage. I had to come back and look again. :drool: Especially since I don't have one. :o

So many of the people I work with in the maritime/oil industry have left the Northeast to Houston. They sold there small condo or home and bought beautiful large houses. I've had several opportunities for job offers in the Houston area, but can't imagine making the move though. I still keep it in the back of my mind.

Beautiful home Ryan! Loving the garage also.

John I had just asked the wife if she would move to Texas and she looked at me like I had a third eye on my forehead. Told her more opportunities down there and nothing like the BS that CT offers "High Taxes" & poor economy.

She still looked at me like I was nuts.

check out my lawn... it requires no watering, no cutting, and is guaranteed to stay green year round ;)

LOL, I thought that stuff looked too good. I was actually going to ask you that. But my answer was at the bottom. Looks nice Ryan. Congratulations on your first house.

thanks guys!

yes, the oil industry is booming. if you're willing to move to make more money, do it! your only a plane ride away from friends/family back home.

houston real estate is fairly cheap if you live in the suburbs, but we moved out of Houston to a small town in West Texas. Midland is an oil town so its like we're in our own little bubble compared to the rest of the country. homes are being sold days, even hours after going on the market, and for above asking price. it was so tough finding a place we just decided to build, which ended up being about the same as what houses are going for; about $150-$160 per sqft. in Houston, houses sell for about $90-100 per sqft.

we don't mind the higher cost of living, its a better quality of life out here. little to no crime, little traffic, not humid, better schools.

Looks great Ryan! Now for the window coverings too! THOSE aren't cheap... We just put in some plantation shutters... WOW that was pricey... But MAN do they look great!

I'm envious of your yard... Not much there, and you don't have to cut it. Mines bloody huge and I had to put in an irrigation system to keep it green and I cut it once a week.

Although I do enjoy having a large lawn for the dog and child.

Chris

Looks great Ryan! Now for the window coverings too! THOSE aren't cheap... We just put in some plantation shutters... WOW that was pricey... But MAN do they look great!

I'm envious of your yard... Not much there, and you don't have to cut it. Mines bloody huge and I had to put in an irrigation system to keep it green and I cut it once a week.

Although I do enjoy having a large lawn for the dog and child.

Chris

yeah the shutters are pricey! they installed them on all the windows throughout. it was already in the plans when we put our deposit down, so it just got rolled into the mortgage.

we opted to do sod in the backyard for our dogs and to keep the dust down while we wait for them to break ground on the pool :D once the pool is in, there'll be a small dog run on the east side that'll be the only grass.