Customer Service 866.965.0400

GEN4 PADS: They're coming... maybe with your shipment!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of putting a 4" gen 4 kit together? Or did I miss it?

Experience has taught us that people don't hardly use the gray pads and logically the red would fall in the same boat so we kept them out of any kits.

When we first intro'd the 4" pad kit it had a gray... no one ever used it and would ask to order the kit without... so we dropped it and lowered the price.

The gray stayed up solo for months and never sold, so eventually they were discontinued. Theres been some requests so we brought them back to give them a second run.

Dylan - is this offered for gen 4?

zy0Zi.png?1

No... it was pretty widely requested to get that kit without the plate (because if you have a PC or similar polisher you have the plate already) so we made it a separate item.

Adam's Basic Polishing Pad Kit

Adam's Improved DA Velcro Backing Plate

Price comes out the same, you just don't get the APC anymore, which was another item that people constantly wanted to swap for other thins because "I already have tons of APC"

Maybe people just like the tactile feel of spreading it by hand... but if I every start doing this professionally I would want to spread wax/sealant by machine, can could see using the 4" on A pillars, other hard to reach areas, etc....

The other issues is age/detail recovery time... using a machine would lessen my recovery time... while I'm not a gym rat I don't consider myself overly out of shape but still am sore for a few days after working on my cars.

I'll look into getting them as solos...

I noticed the new videos suggests the 4" pads really are not designed to be used over the entire vehicle like the 7" pads but I've read here where some prefer the 4" over the 7" for the entire vehicle. Comments?

I noticed the new videos suggests the 4" pads really are not designed to be used over the entire vehicle like the 7" pads but I've read here where some prefer the 4" over the 7" for the entire vehicle. Comments?

The 4" pads are there to hit deeper scratches with your drill like a mini rotary, or on the PC, for hitting areas the bigger pads won't go.

All of the polishing videos we put out have the big pad as the primary "player", as that's why they are there. The main polishing pad. :cheers:

Not sure where you'd have read some people like 4" pads for the entire vehicle... not only is it strongly not recommended, it would be a real pain in the rear to do the entire car that way.

Perhaps I'm reading more into some of these posts regarding the 4" pads than what's really there.

I love that there will be 4" red and gray pads. I may never need to take the the small backing plate off the PC again.

I can see 10 new pads being delivered soon.

I like waxing using the PC with 4" pads. With Americana I just put the pad into the container and give it a little wiggle and it picks up plenty of wax. I applied BG and Americana to the car last Friday this way. My hands and shoulders have problems so for me its much easier using the weight of the PC applying the wax.

On Saturday I was asking Norm when the new pads were coming and was there going to be a gray 4" pad again. Adding the Red pad is a bonus.

The 4" pads are there to hit deeper scratches with your drill like a mini rotary, or on the PC, for hitting areas the bigger pads won't go.

All of the polishing videos we put out have the big pad as the primary "player", as that's why they are there. The main polishing pad. :cheers:

I've watched them several times, saw the "pro tips" and completely understand. Hence, my question.

I like waxing the whole vehicle with 4" pads because the pad will go in the wax jar (where the large pads don't fit) because I have problems waxing by hand these days.

Now that we have gray and red pads for the FLEX which I was not expecting, I will be using MSS and BG with with the FLEX to see how that works for me, and most of my polishing is done with FLEX.

Super excited to get my new pads! you guys must be super busy with all these new orders cause usually by now I would get a message that my order is shipped. Must mean you guys got alotta orders for the new goods! :D glad to hear and congrats! :2thumbs:

Super excited to get my new pads! you guys must be super busy with all these new orders cause usually by now I would get a message that my order is shipped. Must mean you guys got alotta orders for the new goods! :D glad to hear and congrats! :2thumbs:

Me 2...going on 48hrs, no shipment. Slipping...

Are the new pads better than the old pads? Do they offer better or quicker swirl removal? Will I notice a difference. I will order them if they do. I do have some flex pads that I haven't used yet, but if these offer better correction, I will use the last gen pads for back ups. Thanks.

Are the new pads better than the old pads? Do they offer better or quicker swirl removal? Will I notice a difference. I will order them if they do. I do have some flex pads that I haven't used yet, but if these offer better correction, I will use the last gen pads for back ups. Thanks.

The foam is the same, just a different shape, so no they will not correct faster. If you are using the Flex they make it easier, but no faster than the flat pads. If your pads are still in good shape, then wait until they need replacing.

Cool - my order was sent today...wonder if I will get the new pads...Fingers crossed !?!?

Whoo Hoo - not that I will know any better as this is my first order - but the Fedex truck just left and my kit/order contained the new Gen4 pads !!

Thanks !!!

Can't wait to start polishing !!! :2thumbs:

dang 3 of every pad! you must have some pretty gnarly paint finishes your going to revive!

i detail on the side so once the weather warms up i usually have 1 vehicle a week to work on....until then my Grand Prix and the wife's Equinox are up first