Customer Service 866.965.0400

GEN4 PADS: They're coming... maybe with your shipment!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that stinks and awesome at the same time One set of pads foe my flex and pc too bad I just upgraded to the flex and the pads for it about a month or 2 ago maybe I should have waited for these new gen 4 pads to come out. Or should I place an order for something and try my hand at the lottery of getting them with my order? What to do?

That's exactly it, cutting down the Wax/Glaze time.

I hope you guys make some vids, really interested in this.

:thumbsup:

Sure... and so can the current pad... the only issue comes from getting the wax out of the pot and onto the pad effectively. It usually requires you to pull the wax from the pot which can lead to it crumbling/breaking.

There really is no benefit as far as performance or looks... its more a speed of application thing.

That's exactly it, cutting down the Wax/Glaze time.

I hope you guys make some vids, really interested in this.

:thumbsup:

Won't be making videos on this just b/c of the potential issues it creates pulling the wax in and out of the tub repeatedly, but theres not a whole lot that needs to be shown.

Once you get the wax free from the pot, rub onto the face of the pad, set at low speed like you would any other wax application and spread it over the surface. Remove with a towel after hazing... done.

Honestly I've never bought much into this method anyways... for me it takes more time to go this route that it does to apply by hand. Not to mention all the areas you can't get with the machine, thus requiring you to go back and work by hand or switch pads. You could go with the PC and the new gray 4" pad which could fit in the pot, but then your application area isn't any bigger than the hand app so you're basically not seeing any additional speed, just having to drag the machine and the wax around the car instead of just the wax.

I do invite you to try it though... maybe you'll see something in the process that way you like vs. my opinion. Thats the beauty of detailing... you can find a way to make it work best for you.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Yea, I LOVE these pads! :banana: XQZIT and DaytonaJae got to use them on the Black Ram truck we did, and whined when I did not bring them to use at the Camaro Rally. I think they liked them too!

They cut down the 'walking' on the Flex, especially over body lines.

Gotcha, I just put a fresh coat of QS/Glaze/Amcericana on so next few months when i do a stripe wash again Ill try it at least once to see, thx again.

Won't be making videos on this just b/c of the potential issues it creates pulling the wax in and out of the tub repeatedly, but theres not a whole lot that needs to be shown.

Once you get the wax free from the pot, rub onto the face of the pad, set at low speed like you would any other wax application and spread it over the surface. Remove with a towel after hazing... done.

Honestly I've never bought much into this method anyways... for me it takes more time to go this route that it does to apply by hand. Not to mention all the areas you can't get with the machine, thus requiring you to go back and work by hand or switch pads. You could go with the PC and the new gray 4" pad which could fit in the pot, but then your application area isn't any bigger than the hand app so you're basically not seeing any additional speed, just having to drag the machine and the wax around the car instead of just the wax.

I do invite you to try it though... maybe you'll see something in the process that way you like vs. my opinion. Thats the beauty of detailing... you can find a way to make it work best for you.

I like waxing using the PC with 4" pads. With Americana I just put the pad into the container and give it a little wiggle and it picks up plenty of wax. I applied BG and Americana to the car last Friday this way. My hands and shoulders have problems so for me its much easier using the weight of the PC applying the wax.

On Saturday I was asking Norm when the new pads were coming and was there going to be a gray 4" pad again. Adding the Red pad is a bonus.

I'm in need of new pads something fierce. I was going to order new ones but now I'm going to need to wait until these come out. Looking forward to having these in my Adams collection of fine products! Im sure the few people I detail cars for will love the results also.!

I've been waiting and waiting for these bad boys! I have another set of pads for the PC to use before getting these but it's going to be so nice being able to use one set of pads on both the PC and Flex. I have been wanting a focus pad as well and looks like I know which ones I'll be picking up at some point! :)

Dylan, is there any difference on the back side of the new pads? I thought the plastic ring made the pads hold up longer without tearing, but made it a little more difficult to clean. I notice the 4" ones have the ring.

^^ Good question. I thought about this before but assumed the backs were similar. Either way I'm in need of new pads..mine are aged now. Looking forward to purchasing these.

Dylan, is there any difference on the back side of the new pads? I thought the plastic ring made the pads hold up longer without tearing, but made it a little more difficult to clean. I notice the 4" ones have the ring.

They have the 'ring-less' back, just like the Gen 3 pads.

The ringless design stays... the only reason the 4" pads maintain the ring is the possibility that they may be used 'on edge' or tilted when working with the drill. The larger pads should never be used off axis like that and as long as they're not the bp can't dig in.

For those of you that used these do they seem to be any easier to you or control on the PC? Not that I have a problem now. I just am getting my hopes up for the new pads.

If you would have taken me up on my offers to use my stuff on your parents new Jeep you would know! :D

I have not noticed any difference on the PC. It's the Flex where they really make a difference. The flat pads are very 'grabby' on raised body lines. The new pads grab a little, but you never feel that you are going to be pulled across the hood like the flat pads do.