Customer Service 866.965.0400

Want to use spray sealant but..

txredgt

Question

So I only have 1 Americana pad for my spray sealant and I used it on my wheels which is fine, however I want to seal the car now.. What can I use to spread it evenly? A few options are a microfiber applicator with the blue towel around it, a microfiber towel or I also have some of the sponge blocks that are clean too. Out of these which is my best option?

21 answers to this question

Bingo! My QS apps are all labeled with black sharpie just to avoid any potential problems:

WQS = Wheels Quick Sealant

PQS = Paint Quick Sealant

This way I keep sealants on their respective apps and glaze/wax on theirs. With as crazy durable as QS has proven to be, theres a good chance some of it sticks deep within the pad even after cleaning... given the occasional issues of polymers and carnubas not playing nicely together before curing I avoid the issue all together.

Wheels get their own, just on the outside chance I miss a spot while cleaning and some bit of metallic brake dust or tar is embedded in the pad... not worth the risk of potentially screwing up my paint vs. just having another app ready to go.

Easy to say for a guy who has an endless supply of applicators ready to go:bow:

Any foam pads or MF pads I use for QS are labeled with a sharpie. Seems like that stuff hangs on to the pads.. I was not able to get them cleaned to my satisfaction, so now they are dedicated to QS. The most fun was trying to get the QS off the blue MF pads. The water just rolled off - "I laugh at your puny attempts to wet me, you silly person...".

Sorry, the Monty Python just showed up again. (the French taunting in The Holy Grail).

Yep as stated I had just used my spray sealant on me wheels and I did not want to use that same pad on my paint. I actually wasn't able to seal the car when I posted this thread but no worries I got that all done 3 days ago :D

Here's a thought to ponder... When washing the car do you use the same mitt on the car that you use on the wheels or even the lower part of you car? I don't... I use a seperate applicator for anything that touches my wheels.

No matter how well you clean any item, it just isn't worth the risk...

Bingo! My QS apps are all labeled with black sharpie just to avoid any potential problems:

WQS = Wheels Quick Sealant

PQS = Paint Quick Sealant

This way I keep sealants on their respective apps and glaze/wax on theirs. With as crazy durable as QS has proven to be, theres a good chance some of it sticks deep within the pad even after cleaning... given the occasional issues of polymers and carnubas not playing nicely together before curing I avoid the issue all together.

Wheels get their own, just on the outside chance I miss a spot while cleaning and some bit of metallic brake dust or tar is embedded in the pad... not worth the risk of potentially screwing up my paint vs. just having another app ready to go.

whats wrong with the americana applicator? do you not thoroughly clean it with APC after each use?

Here's a thought to ponder... When washing the car do you use the same mitt on the car that you use on the wheels or even the lower part of you car? I don't... I use a seperate applicator for anything that touches my wheels.

No matter how well you clean any item, it just isn't worth the risk...

Archived