Customer Service 866.965.0400

is SVRT supposed to stain?

camaro

Question

13 answers to this question

Agree with all... that looks like product runs, not stains.

If the application was fresh, or too heavy you'll sometimes see this. Part of the deal when dealing with a water based dressing is that its water soluble to a degree. Once its setup, and if the excess has been removed you won't see that.

Definitely not 'staining' though. Seems you're having a rough go of it today between this and the "rough" utility towels.

Actually, I did buff down with the proper applicator (thanks Dylan and for your wonderful daily deals)

I also applied this a week ago and this is the 1st time it rained since. I buffed that coat flat so not sure what "too much" really is - I wonder if I am even applying anything :confused:

There is definitely a learning curve for applying the SVRT. I had some streaking on my tailgate from where I apparently put too much on the plastic cap and then it rained a day or two later. I also have trouble sometimes telling how much product I'm using. I don't know if it's the applicator (sponge block) or what...maybe I need to use more direct light. But I haven't noticed any streaking on other areas of trim I've done, so I just need to try to be more consistent with my application.

At the very top of the camaro diffuser is a bunch of squares. If you rubbed your applicator across these, it can squeeze extra product out of the foam and deposited it inside those squares. I have a camaro and I avoid that area when applying SVRT. Just a thought because looking closely at your pic, it seems all the streaks begin in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That happens when you put it on to thick and don't wipe it down with a MF. When water hits it, its steaks like a . Next time don't apply so much and if you do, buff it out with a MF

BINGO! :thumbsup:

Archived