Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sell Zaino and start fresh with Adam's system?

Zman12

Question

Okay so here is the deal. Last year right after I got my car I bought the Zanio kit. Basically I have the Z AIO, Z2, Z5, Z6 and the ZFX drops and their car wash. I did the process looked awesome in garage pulled outside and I could see all of the scratches and holograms and that sucked so.

I have been slowly buying a few Adams products and I am about to order their products to start a full correction. I bought a PC already.

So my big question is should I try and sell the Zanio stuff or do the correction with Adams stuff and then still use the Zanio up. Or just start over with Adams and go from there?

Also I did notice that Zanio sells a an actual polish Z PC but I just don't think I want to buy more from them. I like to use one system and try and stick with it.

Oh yeah it is Black... Why on earth I ever got another Black car is beyond me, oh yeah it already had a Whipple on it that is why I went Black

I have a black Corvette, Suburban and a Harley and love them all. I used to be a Z user due to what I had read and saw on the Corvette forum. One really nice guy over there was a real advocate for their products and consistently posted excellent quality photos.

When I couldn't duplicate the swirl-free shine that he was displaying, I started looking for something better. I found it in Adams

If I were you, I would either sell the Z product or donate it. Like others have said, it's too bad Z doesn't offer a satisfaction guarantee. They would have gotten my unused products back after I started using Adams.

It was that forum that got me into the detailing bug! I read and read... Was going to do the Z stuff but there were a couple other people who weren't as vocal as the Z guy but they showed great results and talked about how easy the process was. So I googled Adams ... videos and education side are what got me hooked.

I didn't have Z products to toss but did, over time, get rid of lots of other stuff. Still have a couple non-Adams products left but they are out numbered 10 to 1! I got rid of the other stuff after I didn't use it anymore and it was just collecting dust. Made it easier to store the Adams stuff! :)

If you're looking for a nice carnauba wax, Adam's has a couple of nice options with Buttery Wax and Americana Wax. I still use both lines of products depending on my mood and needs.

I am currently waiting to kick off longevity, gloss, look testing with Z2 pro, MSW, and Collinite 845. For my DD I plan to step up to Opti-coat. I am in the midst of doing a full paint correction on my DD, also experimenting with a variety of polishes, polishers and pads.

In some ways it is certainly easier (and definitely cheaper) to stick with a single vendor (and Adam's is certainly a great pick)!

In this addiction we have chosen there seems to be SO many variables, not the least of which is the PAINT. Picking a LSP can be largely dependent on what aspect of the LSP you are looking to achieve, and certain attributes can become quite subjective).

I find I have two objectives, one for my DD and one for my Gen Coupe. For my DD the first priority will be longevity, the secondary one will be look/gloss/maybe glow. So my LSP of choice will be Opti-coat. For the Gen coupe I am trying to make the Silverstone POP, so I will continue to test a variety of LSPs to accomplish that, with longevity a secondary consideration. I will say at the moment I have MSW covered with Brilliant Glaze and Americana on the Gen coupe and Quick Sealant covering the DD hood.

Happy detailing,

Mike

I have a black Corvette, Suburban and a Harley and love them all. I used to be a Z user due to what I had read and saw on the Corvette forum. One really nice guy over there was a real advocate for their products and consistently posted excellent quality photos.

When I couldn't duplicate the swirl-free shine that he was displaying, I started looking for something better. I found it in Adams

If I were you, I would either sell the Z product or donate it. Like others have said, it's too bad Z doesn't offer a satisfaction guarantee. They would have gotten my unused products back after I started using Adams.

Ditto,Ditto,Ditto....now all my Z stuff is sitting in a cabinet collecting dust. Maybe someday I will wipe the dust off with an Adams Double Soft!!!:lolsmack:

Figure I would give an update so, I just placed my first order large order of Adams with a PC from GPC! Still not sure what to do with the Zanio, probably will take a good inventory and try and sell it. Not because I don't think it is a good product just because I would like to stick with one system with great support like this forum! Wish me luck!

From what I have heard, Zaino makes some awesome stuff, but I would definitely look elsewhere for corrective chemicals, IE polishes and pads. Once you have a bare polished surface to work with, start layering the Zaino. I know AJ has used Zaino, and it isn't as complicated as it sounds, just mildly time consuming.

THIS!!!!

I'm non-bias. I use what works, period! That being said I have some Z stuff in my arsenal and use it on lighter color cars. When it runs out, I'll buy more. 90% of the stuff I use for correction is from the Adams system. Very rarely do I have to step outside what adams has to provide the results I'm looking for as far as correction and polish goes. Waxes and sealants I'm all over the map on. I've tried some expensive stuff, I've tried some cheap stuff and everything in between. I settle on what works. Use up your Z stuff, and then try some adams as far as sealants go. No sense in wasting hard earned money.

THIS!!!!

I'm non-bias. I use what works, period! That being said I have some Z stuff in my arsenal and use it on lighter color cars. When it runs out, I'll buy more. 90% of the stuff I use for correction is from the Adams system. Very rarely do I have to step outside what adams has to provide the results I'm looking for as far as correction and polish goes. Waxes and sealants I'm all over the map on. I've tried some expensive stuff, I've tried some cheap stuff and everything in between. I settle on what works. Use up your Z stuff, and then try some adams as far as sealants go. No sense in wasting hard earned money.

Thanks for the advice, I keep going back and forth. I may use it up on light colors like you say. Wife's Prius is silver. I may try it on there.

Not going to bash Zaino They did put the shine and protection on my former cars for a few years. After using other competitors products as well. Found Adam's products a lot easier and more convenient to use. Imho you will not find a deeper wetter shine than Machine Sealant,Brilliant Glaze,Americana combo.

Don't trash the Zaino use it up like others said or give it away to someone.Do as I say not as I do because dummy got a box of 6+ yr old products sitting in a box in the garage.Oops. Oh and the last time ordering ZFX Accel(think it cost more than the wax then for a few drops) it arrived useless as a solid and there was no 110% guarantee. I must have did something wrong or take it up with the shipping company.Hope customer service and guarantees have improved in the last 5 years or so.

Not going to bash Zaino They did put the shine and protection on my former cars for a few years. After using other competitors products as well. Found Adam's products a lot easier and more convenient to use. Imho you will not find a deeper wetter shine than Machine Sealant,Brilliant Glaze,Americana combo.

Don't trash the Zaino use it up like others said or give it away to someone.Do as I say not as I do because dummy got a box of 6+ yr old products sitting in a box in the garage.Oops. Oh and the last time ordering ZFX Accel(think it cost more than the wax then for a few drops) it arrived useless as a solid and there was no 110% guarantee. I must have did something wrong or take it up with the shipping company.Hope customer service and guarantees have improved in the last 5 years or so.

Thanks for the advice. That is the exact combo I got UPS yesterday along with PC and correction products. :pc:

You're welcome. Not a year into using the products yet and it only appears to get better and better. Imho this weboard and its people are a great asset. The owners, employees, distributors here truely do care and take pride about the products they manufacture,sell and represent. You can get called brainwashed, over passionate among other things on other MBs Here people don't care/critique what make model car, house, spouse you have. They care in helping others. Good luck Have fun :)

:pc:

I haven't used it before, but no need to dump or sell good detailing products. If one brand or system is easier and simpler than the other, it doesn't make it better. Although if you're like me you have a lot of detailing supplies and it would take a year to get through your Zaino before you have a chance to get Adams. Get the MSW and compare the two side by side. I do that with all of my sealants and waxes on my DD on adjacent panels. It is a very empirical way to determine durability and looks.

Not a bad idea, I do plan to learn how to correct on my beat up corolla, then the wife's Prius then the my dreaded black Camaro!:pc:

I would use all adams for the polishing for sure and the waxes. This way the paint will look dripping wet! I use a few other products otehr than Adams when I do others cars and it is just a quick wash. so maybe try that? But nothing but adams touches my ride or my familys.

and lets see some pictures of this car!

You could either pitch the Zaino or use it up on stuff that is not quite as important as the paint on your car.

Maybe use it on a bike, stainless steel trash can, your old nasty lawnmower, or the neighbor's car. :lolsmack:

You can't go wrong with the Adam's products. They are so easy to use and work the way they should. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Z makes good products, but I think their claims are a little out of this world, and I also think that they make it a little harder to get the perfection YOU and all of us require.

That being said, you can use Zaino, but remember that it's VERY difficult for Adam to give a 110% guarantee, when you didn't use all Adams products.

Chris

I've never used Z stuff, but from what I understand it's a lot of steps and applications. SO that said, going the all-adams route would seemingly be a simpler, more direct path to the results you seek -- plus you'll be able to get full support from the crowd here.

IF the Z stuff still has value, I say sell it and be done. When I switched to Adam's I had a cabinet full of off the shelf auto parts store stuff and I figured I'd use it up on the wife's car, friends cars, etc. But the Adam's was so much better and easier that I ended up never using the old stuff for anything and eventually just tossed it all in the trash.

From what I have heard, Zaino makes some awesome stuff, but I would definitely look elsewhere for corrective chemicals, IE polishes and pads. Once you have a bare polished surface to work with, start layering the Zaino. I know AJ has used Zaino, and it isn't as complicated as it sounds, just mildly time consuming.

It is time consuming for sure! Looked good except swirls still. How is the machine super wax. I know it's a sealant also.

Archived