Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any Coffee Connoisseur's on here?

3PedalMINI

I quit coffee and caffeine cold turkey the first Thursday in January of this year.

I don't miss it, though I do love the smell of coffee brewing and I do miss that.

I agree! Love the smell as I go through the grocery store but too lazy to make it myself!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now all that 4-hour energy crap on the other hand, I don't know about that. I predict a class action law suit in about 10 years when they find out that stuff causes cancer and birth defects :lol:

I drink those... A lot... :confused:

And I swear, I drink so much coffee that you could find traces in my blood! Haha :D

Im only 18, so no fancy machines for me, but being 18, I don't know what I'm missing on with a "good" cup of coffee, so anything tht gives me those jitters I love!! :D

Thought you all might find this fun

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg&feature=g-user-a&list=PL87DB3F7E8107A4AE]Coffee: The Greatest Addiction Ever - YouTube[/ame]

Great thread

Use a French Press here so not much help on machines. Stronger the better.Love it so much problem is turning into the Great Cornholio Cappuccino Cappuccino. Yeah got coffee issues ever since having to give up beer. Good luck on your quest.:)

Iam the probably the odd one here when it comes to energy drinks and coffee. I can still go to sleep, they do nothing for me. I can drink a revolver from Beans and Brews which has six shots of espresso and no affect on keeping me a wake at all. I tried the energy drink things a few years back when I was doing tractor trailer at work and they did nothing for me as well. By Friday as the sun was coming up I was toast. Wasn't worth an accident to me while pulling a set of triples and decided to go back to delivery. Those guys at the bottom of the list don't have a life in tractor trailer. The guys at the top have it made. Would have been different had they dovetailed seniority, but it doesn't work that way.

Well...

We picked up the Jura ENA 9 :D To say this thing is awesome would be an understatement. The quality of coffee it produces is just incredible. We have finally set the coffee settings just right and it brews a perfect cup every single time. It also puts a head of coffee foam on top which makes it exactly like what you would find in a coffee shop.

We haven't really played too much with the cappuccino , espresso or macchiato a whole lot but they have been simply awesome as well. We also got a free cup warming system (which is awesome) I have no doubt that we made the right choice with the Jura. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that is serious about coffee and can swallow the price tag. We dont have any clear glassess yet but once we do ill take some pics and show you how well this presents a drink.

:thumbsup:

check out:

Mayorga Coffee

sampled them at costco a few years back and its all we get now. 5lbs bags at a time i have tried a few different kinds. my favorite is the mocha java. They are based out of Maryland and are a small company that is customer oriented just like adams...

Well...

We picked up the Jura ENA 9 :D To say this thing is awesome would be an understatement. The quality of coffee it produces is just incredible. We have finally set the coffee settings just right and it brews a perfect cup every single time. It also puts a head of coffee foam on top which makes it exactly like what you would find in a coffee shop.

We haven't really played too much with the cappuccino , espresso or macchiato a whole lot but they have been simply awesome as well. We also got a free cup warming system (which is awesome) I have no doubt that we made the right choice with the Jura. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that is serious about coffee and can swallow the price tag. We dont have any clear glassess yet but once we do ill take some pics and show you how well this presents a drink.

:thumbsup:

Congratulations! It sounds like you made the right choice. Enjoy!

Congrats on the machine selection 3PedalMINI :)

check out:

Mayorga Coffee

sampled them at costco a few years back and its all we get now. 5lbs bags at a time i have tried a few different kinds. my favorite is the mocha java. They are based out of Maryland and are a small company that is customer oriented just like adams... Today 10:53 AM

Decent coffee imho Have never bought it for home but have drank a number of cups passing through the Pittsburgh and Washington DC area Airports. Nice to have an alternative.:)

Congrats on the machine selection 3PedalMINI :)

Decent coffee imho Have never bought it for home but have drank a number of cups passing through the Pittsburgh and Washington DC area Airports. Nice to have an alternative.:)

fyi they have free shipping right now till the 31st. Mayorga Coffee

Ours is having issues and I was debating getting the Vue..

My Wife prefers the DD Kcups..

PLUS, it seems like a waste of a VUE cup if you brew a smaller cup, which is why they should make a kcup adapter.. the Vue Cup picture doesn't look that far off from a Kcup..

I got the Wife a Keurig for Christmas of 2010. I love it. I use it more than she does.

My preferred cups are:

Starbucks Veranda

Starbucks Pike Place

Donut House

I don't like the flavored stuff that is made, and I don't drink tea unless it's Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. The older I get, the blacker my coffee is getting I notice.

I got the Wife a Keurig for Christmas of 2010. I love it. I use it more than she does.

My preferred cups are:

Starbucks Veranda

Starbucks Pike Place

Donut House

I don't like the flavored stuff that is made, and I don't drink tea unless it's Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. The older I get, the blacker my coffee is getting I notice.

I love that thing also. My wife was hesitant at first, but loves it,, my daughters use it for Iced Tea.

Favorites are:

Van Houtte Costa Rica

Starbucks House Blend

Folgers Lively Columbian

Wolf Gang Pucks Chef Reserve Dark

Ours is having issues and I was debating getting the Vue..

My Wife prefers the DD Kcups..

PLUS, it seems like a waste of a VUE cup if you brew a smaller cup, which is why they should make a kcup adapter.. the Vue Cup picture doesn't look that far off from a Kcup..

But there is one nice thing about the Vue cups, you can recycle the plastic pod. The filter and grounds can be popped out of the plastic pod and thrown away after brewing.

But I don't see a My K-cup type adaptor for the Vue so it won't work for me.

We had a Keurig, its what the jura replaced. We were not happy with the coffee we were getting and we were also spending an absolute fortune on kcups. ($16/per weekend) not to mention how many i would drink during the week.

The price is ok just as long as the coffee is good, and as far as im concerned its not much better then folgers instant coffee :o We tried a ton of coffee too

There is a KCup out there called Jet Fuel. I hear it's pretty harsh like Judd Nelson, but sure wakes you up!

Yes we tried it here in a sample pack,, Nothing like Jet Fuel at 4am when you get to work. Had a good taste to it also.

If you like Medium Roast try the Van Houtte Costa Rica.

Yes we tried it here in a sample pack,, Nothing like Jet Fuel at 4am when you get to work. Had a good taste to it also.

If you like Medium Roast try the Van Houtte Costa Rica.

I'll check it out! I have been getting the KCups at Costco recently. Their selection is getting better each time I go, and buying them 80 at a time, the cost is still less than $.45 a cup for decent stuff.

Mook:cheers:

My preferred cups are:

Starbucks Veranda

Starbucks Pike Place

Donut House

Black-ER isn't saying much for your cup of coffee Mook! I know you like it sweet!

I love regular drip coffee and can drink any kind, besides folgers. I prefer Starbucks or my own home roasted beans though.

I would actually consider myself a coffee connoisseur of sorts.

I'm into making lattes at home, roasting my own beans and latte art. It started in college when I worked at Starbucks - I was there around 4-5 years...

My first latte machine was a Black Saeco "Starbucks Barista" like the one below and regular Saeco burr grinder

starbucksbarista.png

This was when I started getting into coffee forums and learning the importance of the grind and the roast!

My first upgrade to that machine was to de-pressurize the portafilter and convert it into a naked portafilter. This helped produce maximum crema.

cremabefore.jpg

cremajn.jpg

Naked Portafilter

cremank.jpg

21892251.jpg

I then upgraded to a Europa pitcher, to help with my latte art!

europar.png

These are the only latte art pictures I could track down - the rest died along with old Blackberry!

artxn.jpg

art2n.jpg

(Good latte art site: Latte Art, Latte Art Pictures, Latte Art Photos, Latte Art)

Last year, we upgraded to the Rancilio Silva v3 Espresso machine and a (Doserless) Rancilio Rocky grinder and couldn't be happier with the results! We purchased a roaster and now buy raw beans in bulk to roast on our own to use for all of our drip coffee and espresso. Due to our elevation in CO, we are able to roast our beans at a lower temperature for a longer period of time and have acheived great results.

Great tasting espresso, thick crema and plenty of wand pressure for ultimate microfoam!

silviav3.jpg

Far left is the knock box with a custom-made by my dad and I-wooden cover. (Walnut, Purple Heart, Cherry, Walnut, etc woods)

silviav3rocky.jpg

Get your coffee on :rockon:

Archived