Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex Machine as your FIRST polisher.

skillzo1

Question

Well i bought a bunch of hand polishing stuff only to return it, UNOPENED of course. I returned it cause i would like to get the flex machine kit. I know NOTHING about Polishing, i barely know anything about hand polishing lol. I just know i waxed the crap out of my car and there is still swirls. To remove them, i'm reading i need a polisher. So why not get the best, wich seems to be the Flex Machine.

Any thoughts?

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let you guys know, i ordered the flex kit. Very nervous, i will be asking for some pointers on it soon, before i try it on my friends beat up hyndai elantra.

Adam's Complete Flex XC 3401 VRG Polisher Kit

I also ordered

Adam's Brilliant Glaze Machine Pad

Adam's Premium Shine Detail Kit

Adam's Pad Cleaning & Conditioning Brush

Wanted to get lots more, but hey. In do time.

You will probably want more detail spray for the initial claying. Seems like the first time claying is the worst time, after that you don't use quite as much DS. I have gone to the gallon size on DS for savings and convenience.

I got the PC, vibration is no worse than some of the sanders and saws I have for wood working. I am very happy with it after the job it did on my Crown Vic.

From what I've read the Flex really isn't this untamable beast some make it out to be, buy stock in painters (blue) tape, tape up opposing edges and have at it with the Flex.

At the last detail clinic I attended, Adam himself advised to get the Flex first time around. "If you buy the cheaper PC, and then decide to upgrade to the Flex, you'll have spent much more" was his reasoning. I completely agree with him...I bough the PC and after a few uses I am already craving the Flex...!

SO my advice: forget the PC, go Flex right away! - or: buy my used PC at a discount so I can get the Flex! :jester:

watch the videos and just get the Flex. The first time I tried the PC on my wife's suburban the swirls and scratches just laughed at it....had to go to a much more aggressive product to get any results at all. If you plan on using Adams polishes and don't have an eternity to finish up a project that has hard clear coat just get the Flex now and save yourself the wasted money of having to upgrade later on.

My two cents on this is that if you have a car with a hard clear coat (Mercedes Benz, BMW, Corvette to name a few) that the Flex might be the best choice starting out.

Unless they come up with a better adapter, I don't see a 4" pad on the flex. You can use a 4" pad and adapter on a rotary, but that way is only for the more skilled of us (i.e. not me). I only use the 4" on my PC, period.

At the last detail clinic I attended, Adam himself advised to get the Flex first time around. "If you buy the cheaper PC, and then decide to upgrade to the Flex, you'll have spent much more" was his reasoning. I completely agree with him...I bough the PC and after a few uses I am already craving the Flex...!

SO my advice: forget the PC, go Flex right away! - or: buy my used PC at a discount so I can get the Flex! :jester:

Adrian, good memory, and YES, I would start with the Flex, especially if you have a dark vehicle, or plan to detail more than one vehicle twice/ year.

The Flex is not going to cause damage, and getting comfortable with the machine on a learner vehicle is advisable with either machine. (Rental car, mini-van, old cruddy vehicle, etc.)

The PC simply will not make dark paint perfect, and the Flex will, with less vibration. I suggest the PC on silver, white, or light colored vehicles, and ones that are rarely polished. The Flex brings the finish to perfect quickly, easily, and doesn't vibrate!

So, my advice: If you are a perfectionist, and want a perfect finish on a dark vehicle, skip the PC, and roll with the Flex.

:thumbsup:

Adam i have a alpine white bmw m3. I'm reading that BMW's clear coat is a harder coat. I just don't want to mess up my car lol. Once i learn i will probably do others cars as well. Since we are on the topic, how would you tell if its a harder clear coat, or softer? Thanks for you help.

Just to let you guys know, i ordered the flex kit. Very nervous, i will be asking for some pointers on it soon, before i try it on my friends beat up hyndai elantra.

I also ordered

Wow you spent some coin!

I also ordered

Wanted to make sure i had everything to get rid of the swirls and to make it shine.

I just done my wifes trunck lid with the flex I just bought and man was I impressed !!:drool:

I divided the lid into two portions and did one pass with FMP and took a look and I was off and running over to my neighbours to show him! Just this one pass in like 10 minutes would have taken me 3-4 PC passes with SHR in the mix.

My nieghbour is buying one.

Now mind you this is on a toally flat suface no ridges or curves but I can only think with care one would have no issues with the flex here.

I should have done this long ago, BUY A FLEX!!:banana:

I purchased a PC a couple months ago and I already want the FLEX...bad! I find myself doing way more corrective details than I anticipated. So for me to do a corrective detail which requires SSR + an interior detail it takes more time than what I know it will with a FLEX. Being that time is money, purchasing a FLEX is a no-brainer for me. My priority is for business purposes. If I were just correcting my own vehicle then I'd be happy with just a PC.

Just more food for thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

BUY IT!! You won't use the PC except for the tighter areas. One of the best things I ever did.

I just watched Adam's new video and he says the Flex can correct in 1/3 or sometimes 20% of the time compared to the PC7424XP.I have a 7424XP and really hate the noise/vibrations and looking to upgrade. So how does the flex save time? Fewer passes? Right now I normally do 5-8 passes per section. Does using FLEX mean doing less passes since it oscillates faster at speed 5-6 compared to the same 5-6 on the 7424xp?

YES!!! Buy the Flex. Much less vibes, better ergos, quicker corrections, and the same outcome. It's a chicken dinner winner! :bow:

I'd rather spend time with my family than be outside polishing. The Flex helped me get there.

I bought the flex for my first polisher, granted I tryed both out at Adams before I bought (benefit of living nearby Adams:rockon:) and had Mook showing me how to use it, but the videos are really good at explaining what you need to know, and the forums have the rest.

In my opinion the PC is actually harder to control than the flex, and it also takes more effort on your part, if you are going to polish more than one car get the flex, if time is important to you get the flex.

Or do as I did: "Let's go try this out on Mommies car!" :banana:

:lol: how did that turn out?

You will probably want more detail spray for the initial claying. Seems like the first time claying is the worst time, after that you don't use quite as much DS. I have gone to the gallon size on DS for savings and convenience.

I have extra detail spray and claybars laying around that i will use on a test subject.

I bought the flex for my first polisher, granted I tryed both out at Adams before I bought (benefit of living nearby Adams:rockon:) and had Mook showing me how to use it, but the videos are really good at explaining what you need to know, and the forums have the rest.

In my opinion the PC is actually harder to control than the flex, and it also takes more effort on your part, if you are going to polish more than one car get the flex, if time is important to you get the flex.

It's here...

IMAG1974.jpg

IMAG1975.jpg

IMAG1973.jpg

IMAG1969.jpg

I guess I will get the Flex this time. The no vibration sounds good, the Porter Cable was rough to say the least. All my Porter Cable pads will work with the flex, I have a bunch and some older ones? I would hate to start over again for the Flex.

I guess I will get the Flex this time. The no vibration sounds good, the Porter Cable was rough to say the least. All my Porter Cable pads will work with the flex, I have a bunch and some older ones? I would hate to start over again for the Flex.

If you have the old flat pads, then yes, but the hex pads will not work on the Flex. The good news is the Gen 4 pads work on both.

Archived