Customer Service 866.965.0400

Noticed something about the detail spray...

2quikta

Question

16oz doesn't go very far :D

Did my first full detail the other weekend and bewtween drying agent, clay lube, and pad priming my bottle is just about gone. Have to stop by the local dealer this week and pick up a gallon refill.

25 answers to this question

I know what you mean, I just did a WW wipedown and a DS wipedown. I went through about 80% of the WW and about 70% DS.

But it's so worth it in the end :)

I have yet to use the waterless wash, but I also only have the 16oz of that. I think when I stop by the dealer I'm also going to have them order me a gallon of the waterless.

I get both the Waterless Wash and Detail Spray by the gallon, it really is most convenient way to buy for me and it's really nice to always have extra to refill the bottles. I usually use one or the other almost daily.

It's an addiction I went through a lot of waterless wash and detail spray oh my a lot a lot! I have to say my favorite product so far is SVRT!!!!!!! But I have to order the detail spray and waterless wash in the gallon size I think!

I know what you meen. I did a car Saturday and it needed a claybar, paint sealent and wax and I went through a bottle of detail. I had to add a little water to it as I got toward the end of the bottle to help me complete the car.

My next order will include a couple empty bottles so I can have at least two bottles of detail spray if I am offsite doing a detail. I have a gallon refill currently and am stepping up to the 5 gallon as business is booming.

I had a little DS in 4 different 16 oz bottles before my work this weekend on a mini van and during the claying all of it went fast. Time to stock up this week!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

A major claying will use up the better part of a bottle of DS. Go for a gallon as a replacment (get the little funnel too) and then you don't even think about running out.

For all my major use stuff, I have switched to gallons as a cost savings (also more convenient too). For gallons, I go with:

Detail Spray

Car shampoo (definitely - don't even use the 16 oz bottle anymore)

Glass Cleaner

Carpet and Interior Cleaner

APC

WW

16oz doesn't go very far :D

Did my first full detail the other weekend and bewtween drying agent, clay lube, and pad priming my bottle is just about gone. Have to stop by the local dealer this week and pick up a gallon refill.

It's also addicting just like so many other Adams products! Undercarriage spray,SVRT and all purpose cleaner holy smokes I need more! See it like crack they tempt you with the 16 oz and when the bottle is empty there's always more so now you either buy the 36 oz or the gallon and if the addiction is bad real bad there's the 5 gallon when will it end???? NEVER!

:2thumbs::patriot::banana:

The only thing I have that's bigger than 16oz is the green wheel cleaner since it was a daily special. I used a decent bit the first time I used it but I think I was using more than I needed so it should last allright now.

Stopped by the local dealer today and they are out of...well...most things...lol! Now the decision is to wait until he gets his next order next week or just order myself. I need more DS and WW!

The only thing I have that's bigger than 16oz is the green wheel cleaner since it was a daily special. I used a decent bit the first time I used it but I think I was using more than I needed so it should last allright now.

Stopped by the local dealer today and they are out of...well...most things...lol! Now the decision is to wait until he gets his next order next week or just order myself. I need more DS and WW!

I am in same boat almost out of detail spray and I am out of waterless wash hope a special is right around the corner!

I am in same boat almost out of detail spray and I am out of waterless wash hope a special is right around the corner!

Ok, one of you order the WW so it will be the Daily Special a few days later. Then the other one order the DS to get it on the Daily Special. I think that's how it works, right Dylan?

A major claying will use up the better part of a bottle of DS. Go for a gallon as a replacment (get the little funnel too) and then you don't even think about running out.

Hmmm...maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I don't dry my car after the wash when beginning a clay session. I just use DS when necessary (when I feel the bar "catching" on the paint) and I don't go through that much of the bottle. Am I doing something wrong?

Noticed the same thing about the Microfiber detergent last night. If you spray it on every towel you use more than if you would just throw in 2oz and use it as the wash soap.

Lesson learned.

Hmmm...maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I don't dry my car after the wash when beginning a clay session. I just use DS when necessary (when I feel the bar "catching" on the paint) and I don't go through that much of the bottle. Am I doing something wrong?

No, you have the right idea! This is what I have been doing for some time.

If I end up claying in the sun, then I use more detail spray as it dries quickly, if claying in the shade then much less detail spray is used.

The major reason I would dry before claying is if I am teaching and want to show someone what the finish looks/feels like after washing compared to after claying.

:cheers:

No, you have the right idea! This is what I have been doing for some time.

If I end up claying in the sun, then I use more detail spray as it dries quickly, if claying in the shade then much less detail spray is used.

The major reason I would dry before claying is if I am teaching and want to show someone what the finish looks/feels like after washing compared to after claying.

:cheers:

Thanks for the reassurance, DaveVY! Since I have a garage to work with, I just pull my car in and go to town with the clay bar (+ limited DS). I just wasn't sure if it is a bad thing to use water as a lubricant w/clay.

Out here in hard water land (and on black paint) I always dry and then check out my finish dry with the baggie, then clay it. I keep claying until it is smoooooth. For me, no sense in claying without verifying my success(?). :)