Customer Service 866.965.0400

Superlite Coupe... I think I found my Next Project!

Z71_Denali

so i saw this while watching Stacey David's Gearz last night. supposedly these are very high end kit cars.

its $44k base price for everything except the engine and transaxle! plenty of options/add-ons to make this anything from a luxurious supercar to a full blown race car! and best of all if i'm not ready to spend the full $44k up front, it can be bought in stages!

SuperLite Cars Made in the USA, Engineered to Win on the Street and Track by Race Car Replicas

dscf5307-640x480.jpg

dscf5311-640x480.jpg

dscf5318-640x480.jpg

dscf5325-640x480.jpg

dscf5286-640x480.jpg

Gearz: Superlite Coupe SL-C Super Car - Car Videos on StreetFire

i think i'd appreciate it more if i built it over just going to the dealership and buying a Vette!

so i priced it out...

standard kit plus brembo brakes, adj sway bars, factory body fitment/prep, wider seats, harnesses, side exhaust plates, inner fender panels, fender louvers, interior panel kit and upholstery, paint, LS7, G97 transaxle, and misc stuff i estimate will be just under $100k total if i do most the labor myself :eek:. i'll probably leave the bodywork, upholstery, engine wiring and tuning to the pros.

i'll definitely have to take my time and do it in stages! could be a fun project for 1 or 2 years!

but not bad considering one sold at Barrett-Jackson with a similar set up for $150k! i'll keep everyone posted in the next few months if i go through with it. concentrating on the new house right now!

No offense, and it looks like a fun project, but if in the end you are gonna spend that kinda coin....why not buy something the wonderful engineers at GM Performance already built in a Zr1?

Mook

No offense, and it looks like a fun project, but if in the end you are gonna spend that kinda coin....why not buy something the wonderful engineers at GM Performance already built in a Zr1?

Mook

i know what you mean. i'm still weighing my options between the two.

it would be pretty easy to build one for much less, if i made it as the standard kit, no added options, same powertrain, and left it gel-coat or vinyl wrapped it. that would be about $65-70k for a 2,000 lb car with 505 bhp :burnout:

prolly could run laps around a ZR1 :willy:

on the other hand, buying the vette would be easier and i could drive it the day i bought it. but every time i tell people i want a vette they always tell me they could see me building a car instead of buying something new. i figured building a kit car like this would be a great combination of the two; brand new car that i built myself, without the headache of spending countless hours and dollars fixing rust!

i got time to sit on what to do at least!

I saw that episode of Gearz. This car seems very well engineered; a long way from "kit cars" back in the day when everything was built on a VW Beetle or Pontiac Fiero chassis. And while the $100k scenario is a lot of money, it will certainly give performance of cars costing much more, plus the satisfaction of doing much of the work yourself, and it will be even more exclusive than a Ferrari, etc.

If you decide to do something like this, buy it all at once or not at all. These companies come and go at a whim! It'd stink to have it half done and not be able to get something that you needed to finish it.

If you like this car, you need to check into Factory Five's GTM kit. Designed for a GM LSX engine, and a transaxle, for far less. The car is race proven and wind tunnel tested. It is an amazing car.

GTM Supercar | | Factory Five RacingFactory Five Racing

You mentioned 2000lbs and 505 horsepower. Our Factory Five Daytona Coupe will weigh around 2100lbs, and has 517hp/565tq at the fly...Just some food for thought..

If you like this car, you need to check into Factory Five's GTM kit. Designed for a GM LSX engine, and a transaxle, for far less. The car is race proven and wind tunnel tested. It is an amazing car.

GTM Supercar | | Factory Five RacingFactory Five Racing

You mentioned 2000lbs and 505 horsepower. Our Factory Five Daytona Coupe will weigh around 2100lbs, and has 517hp/565tq at the fly...Just some food for thought..

that is one seet looking kit car as well! how much does one of those run?

505 is the base hp of an LS7, tuned properly, it could be 520-530 hp. the GTM super car is 2400 lbs according to their website.

yeah, i've seen the GTM. its a great car, but it does require a donor, or all the required components from a C5 vette bought separately.

IMO, the main limitation to getting the donor car, is using used parts. sure a C5 vetter can be bought at $10,000-$15,000 but how much of the suspension/brake components needs to be replaced? and if you were to buy all those components separately, it could add up to about $17-18k not including the engine/trans/wheels/tires which i would replace anyways.

its kind of a Catch-22, spend more time searching for parts, and building the car for a few $$$ less, or less time on a car that mostly just needs assembled for a few $$$ more. in my head time=$$$, so both would be about equal :)

i think a magazine should do a shootout: Battle of the LS7 Kit Cars!

I ordered mine some time ago,, it just showed up at my builders shop about 2 weeks ago. Here is it before it was delivered.

P1011573_640x480.jpg

Welcome James, and we are going to need waaay more pictures that! :drool:

I've already told my builder the same thing..lol. I would love to build it myself, but I spend about 95% of my time overseas. It's only at a rolling chassis but he is going to be taking a bunch of pictures while it's being built. There will be a few changes. It will have black wheels (those are just rollers for now), and black trim (headlight buckets and maybe some decal, but nothing over the top)

I've already told my builder the same thing..lol. I would love to build it myself, but I spend about 95% of my time overseas. It's only at a rolling chassis but he is going to be taking a bunch of pictures while it's being built. There will be a few changes. It will have black wheels (those are just rollers for now), and black trim (headlight buckets and maybe some decal, but nothing over the top)

Sounds sweet!

What part of our sandbar do you live on?

I'm in Tampa,, the car is being built in Utah, I hope it will be done in Sep so I can drive it on my next R&R.

Cool. There are several members in your area, and a dealer (XQZIT) here in Orlando.

Archived