Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hope everyone's OK. (Aurora CO Shooting)

Bill-V8V

I just read one of the victims was in the military but they couldn't confirmed if he/she was injured or killed. It's sad to think that somebody who may have been overseas protecting us was attacked while watching a movie in the country they defended!

EVERYTHING about this is SAD!!! :(

There were 4 in the military.

71 people hit total. Rounds were going through the walls hitting others in the adjoining theathers.

Dude even had throat armor.

17ga shot gun, ar-15 and 2 pistols.

Dont know what i woulda done.

Hey everyone, just checking in. I am OK. I seriously considered going to the midnight showing and this is the theatre closest to our house. It is across the street from my bank. But we frequent a different theatre (Northfield), coincidentally next door to where the assailent bought the weopons used in this tragic act. Unfortunatly, the navy kid who was shot may be a co-worker of my wife's. We are still awaiting word on that.

FYI, the police station is kitty-corner from this theatre explaining the fast response by law enforcement. While our hearts and prayers are with the victims and their families, my respect goes to the actions of the police officers and first responders for thier heroic actions. Ambulances were not getting there fast enough and the officers were putting the injured in thier squad cars to get them to the hospital.

Edited by dipolley

Glad you decided to stay home, David!

I wonder how many of the moviegoers left their guns in their cars. Too bad somebody didn't have the ability to fight back.

What makes it worse is the little psychopath is kicking up his feet in his cell and enjoying all the attention.

Glad you decided to stay home, David!

I wonder how many of the moviegoers left their guns in their cars. Too bad somebody didn't have the ability to fight back.

What makes it worse is the little psychopath is kicking up his feet in his cell and enjoying all the attention.

Several discussions about that today. Even if someone else was armed the guy was fully armored and hitting him would not have made a difference. Second is that with the movie flickering, the smoke grenades, and people trying to flee would getting an accurate shot next would be next to impossible. Add in the possibility that if a movie-goer was armed, what if they would have hit the wrong person in the confusion? I wouldn't have taken the shot.

Several discussions about that today. Even if someone else was armed the guy was fully armored and hitting him would not have made a difference. Second is that with the movie flickering, the smoke grenades, and people trying to flee would getting an accurate shot next would be next to impossible. Add in the possibility that if a movie-goer was armed, what if they would have hit the wrong person in the confusion? I wouldn't have taken the shot.

It's hard to say if I would or would not have taken a shot. We never know what we can or will do until we are faced with certain situations. Even though he was wear full body armor, he was also wearing a gas mask so that would block some of his vision. The smoke that helps him can also hurt him. It's a shot that needed to be taken but unfortunately wasn't.

I bet if he got hit the shock of it would make him drop his gun and run crying like a baby. Bullet wouldn't have to penetrate to stop him. Anybody that has been shot while wearing a vest will tel you it still hurts like a mother. Even a trained person would get some wind knocked out of him. And with the limited field of vision the mask offers one might be able to get close enough to get his attention. If nothing else, it might get him to focus on one spot and stop firing wildly into the crowd. Give some folks time to get out of the line of fire.

Second is that with the movie flickering, the smoke grenades, and people trying to flee would getting an accurate shot next would be next to impossible. Add in the possibility that if a movie-goer was armed, what if they would have hit the wrong person in the confusion? I wouldn't have taken the shot.

I'm kind of 50/50 on gun control and gun rights (I don't understand how/why assault rifles need to be legal, but I think it's fine for responsible people to use and carry) but I was thinking, too, that it would take a seriously competent, fast, and fortuitously positioned gun owner to be able to make that shot in that environment. I honestly wouldn't want to be carrying gun and put in that position. It's practically no-win.

Not to detract from the horrific incident, but who in the hell takes a 6 year old and a 3 month old to a midnight showing of this movie?!? :mad:

Lovely parenting :(

That's what I thought too.....and it wasn't a G rated movie either. If you can't find a baby sitter stay the h*ll at home!

I'm kind of 50/50 on gun control and gun rights (I don't understand how/why assault rifles need to be legal, but I think it's fine for responsible people to use and carry) but I was thinking, too, that it would take a seriously competent, fast, and fortuitously positioned gun owner to be able to make that shot in that environment. I honestly wouldn't want to be carrying gun and put in that position. It's practically no-win.

If your choices are certain death or taking a risk to save yourself and others, you could take the risk and take a shot or however many it takes. It would not be an easy shot but it might be enough to make a difference in the outcome.

The flags here in Colorado are all flying at half mast, and the candle light vigil tonight was a strong showing of solidarity and resolve by the people of our great state.

What a coward. A twisted human. While I've prayed for the people that he killed, injured, and terrified, I can't help to feel really angry.

Maybe it's my Italian roots, but in a way, I'd like 30 seconds with this guy in his jail cell, with a baseball bat. (I've never been in a fight, and am probably the least violent person outside of the Dali Lama.)

It just seems too easy that he will just get the death penalty. Call me crazy, but shouldn't he experience a living hell before going there?

Adam.

I told my wife today that I couldn't help myself feel very angry about this tragedy.

My wife said my Italian temper was showing.

I was ranting in the family room that this POS took away the lives of innocent people for no reason and how I wished I could beat him to oblivion. I always say an eye for an eye. Not this time ..I want this bastard to rot in jail and experience the hell of living with the deaths of these people every day on his conscious when he wakes and goes to sleep.

He will face judgment day when he burns in hell.

It just seems too easy that he will just get the death penalty. Call me crazy, but shouldn't he experience a living hell before going there?

Very well put Adam. I'm sure his maker will give him "the works".

I believe he should die of natural causes as shown in this article:

Polk County Florida Sheriff - "You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights...no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...PERIOD."

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF, GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien, in Polk County, Florida , who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop, ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state-wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area. As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.

Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheri ff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had."

Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes. When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE ever) . . .."When you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

I also heard that the gunman told the police officers that he thought he was the Joker.

Is the Joker even in the movie?

Its sad that every time I hear news about this awful event that the injury and death toll rises.

The interviews I saw on CNN were heartbreaking. I pray for all involved.