Customer Service 866.965.0400

1969 Chevelle "I Want To Dive Into My Hood And Go Swimming!"

JBlack151

Hello AF Crew,

I had the pleasure of detailing a 1969 Chevelle SS this past weekend for a client. I absolutely loved working on this car and it also helped the weather was perfect. Temps began about 68 degrees in the early AM when I arrived and by the afternoon it reached about mid 80's with very low humidity.

After 6.5 hours of work the owner arrived to check out the results and after silently walking around the car with a huge smile the first words out of his mouth was...."I want to dive into my hood and go swimming!" We all had a good laugh and he couldn't wait to take a Sunday afternoon cruise to end a beautiful weekend of weather.

Here's the run down of what was completed.

- APC on tires and fender walls

- 2 Bucket Strip Wash to clean and remove prior waxes

- Merino Mitt on entire car

- Sidekick and GWDT

- Clay Bar (which removed an amazing amount of grey overspray)

- All trim and pinstripe taped off with Adam's Detailer Tape

- SHR (2 passes)

- FMP

- Revive

- BG (including bumpers and trim)

- APW

- Undercarriage Spray

- APC on traction bars

- Glass Cleaner on diferential cover

- APC wipe down of engine

- In & Out Spray on all hoses/lines in engine bay

- Glass Cleaner and Revive on chome and polished engine components

- Leather & Interior Cleaner on seats and dash

- Leather Conditioner on dash trim and seats

- Glass Cleaner on all windows

NOW ON TO THE PICS............

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LOOK! :patriot:

Everything else seemed to be in order and I couldn't figure out why you'd do Revive between SHR and FMP. I'll often finish with Revive, using it as a paint cleanser, but using it before FMP just didn't make sense. :lol:

Everything else seemed to be in order and I couldn't figure out why you'd do Revive between SHR and FMP. I'll often finish with Revive, using it as a paint cleanser, but using it before FMP just didn't make sense. :lol:

I was juggling a few things on 2 different screens so I guess one mistyped error is a good final score! :D

I was juggling a few things on 2 different screens so I guess one mistyped error is a good final score! :D

It's ok, Dylan probably hates me now for all the times I've found typos on the Adam's store. :o They still haven't fixed a couple of them.

Beautiful car.

Did you take the picture of the Chevelle emblem before or after the correction? Looks like there's still a little swirling where the sun is hitting the paint.

Also, is it just me, or do the side emblems seem high? Nevermind, googled it and it looks like that's where they're supposed to be on a '69. I was thinking of the '70 emblem placement.

Did you take the picture of the Chevelle emblem before or after the correction? Looks like there's still a little swirling where the sun is hitting the paint.

That picture was taken after. There could have been some slight swirl left in that area that was close to the emblem. I had them taped off, but was still very cautious when bringing the pads close in fear of tearing them up at all. Why was I this cautious.....it happened on the rear emblem a little after a test pass.

As for the rest of the car I inspected the paint in the sun and inside under the lights and it was really good......I would never say perfect, because like a wise man we all appreciate on here once said "getting perfect is like trying to hit a moving target"

No it was painted a while ago but kept to the original looks with the color, stripe and other things.

The current owner bought it from his brother who purchased the car from the original owner in Pennsylvania a while back. He just randomly came across the car at a swap meet. From there he drove it home to Connecticut (awesome) and toyed with it here and there. When his brother put up for sale he couldn't let it go so he took it off his hands and had the whole front end restored. Over the next couple of years it's going to get a full frame off restoration.

It really is a beautiful car in person.

Oh man, you're bringing back the memories. When I got out of the Navy in 69 that's the car I bought. Same color, same stripe, same interior. It was a real SS. I ordered it right out of the book at the dealership. After that, I bought a 454 with white stripes in the same blue. Loved that color.

Very nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup: