Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Corvette?????....

floraneg

I am a die hard Corvette guy, but I must say, I am not impressed with this rendering. It looks as if it is a combination of the rear of the Camaro and the body of a Porsche Panamera. I sure hope they don't go with the square glass in the back. I still have my fingers crossed for something very close to the concept model that was in the Transformers movie with the split window, but something tells me that it's going to be closer to the one in the article compared to the movie. If it is, I won't be purchasing one.

Animation firm brings C7 Chevrolet Corvette conjectures to life - Yahoo! Autos

Yeah. That's been around for a couple of weeks. Not exactly my cup of tea, but just like when the C6 came out, I'll wait and see. Having just bought a new one, I'm not about to jump on the C7 bandwagon any time soon.

I am clearly in the minority here. I really like most of the rendering but have to agree with the comments against the Camaro style tail lights. Even if the C7 blows my socks off when it's released, I won't be in a position to buy one right away anyways.

Im sure thats not what its going to look like.

But I think we will see some more pics coming fairly soon. I just read that GM is stopping tours of the Corvette factory at the end of this month so It can begin working on the production version of the C7 which should be produced mid 2013. So I would think that we will see what it looks like in a few more months.

Like others have said, I'll believe it when I see it. The Corvette team has done an excellent job of keeping the C7 development under wraps.

But I will say, they have a big task trying to improve on the C6. Other than the lame seats/interior, it really is an amazing (and attractive) package for the price.

When the C5 first came out I didn't like it at all. Then in 2003 I bought one.

When the C6 first came out I didn't like it at all. But the GS and Z06 models have really evolved into a great looking car -- I really like them, but have no desire to own one right now.

This new C7... I really don't care for it now, especially the Camrao-esque taillights (which I don't really like on the Camaro, either). But who knows... it may very well grow on me, an I'm sure the real car will look more cohesive than these spy shot mockups.

Interestingly, too, I think for a long time a lot of people thought the C5 was the best looking Vette in the modern era, but to me it's really starting to look dated. I like the current C6s a lot more. :cheers:

Interestingly, too, I think for a long time a lot of people thought the C5 was the best looking Vette in the modern era, but to me it's really starting to look dated. I like the current C6s a lot more. :cheers:

Couldn't agree more... I always seem to like the full tilt top of the line model the best...

Has anyone seen the photoshopped pics of the new Chevy SS? It's a new Impala, and Malibu with Camaro wheels stuck on it. IMO they're both off by a mile...