Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Type Of Washer Fluid To Use?

xkwj43z

Question

So I know we all spend countless hours correcting, polishing, sealing and waxing our cars paint. I've been thinking lately how winter is quickly approaching and couldnt help but think does washer fluid strip off or reduce the longevity of your wax/sealant? Im talking your normal autozone/walmart brands (peak,generic blue kind,prestone winter formula) Also what types does everyone use or suggest to use?

18 answers to this question

I don't use the blue stuff and I don't use the Rain-X brand either. I use the stuff that has a low freeze point. Has worked well for me.

Rain-X fluid makes my wipers skip... Rain-x window treatment does this as well (treatment is mixed in). Adams glass sealant never has.

Edited by Chewy

That might work in Texas, it would be distilled ice here in Ohio.

I think it is peak that I use, no noticeable problems yet.

LOL, true! the trick is finding one that is pH neutral. so it doesn't remove any protection off the paint should it spray a little on the roof or run off the side of the A-pillar while driving

Unfortunatley, ANY washer fluid for cold temps is going to contain a sizable amount of alcohol to prevent freezing. So this means that each use is going to degrade sealant or wax protection on anything it touches. Just part of the deal... so plan to apply sealant more often to your front glass as well as to the leading edge of your roof where it may contact

I know it's an expensive proposition but would the Adam's Glass Cleaner be something to use as your washer fluid? And if so does it have a freezing temp lower than water?

NO! It'll freeze like water. No alcohol in it.

I don't use the blue stuff and I don't use the Rain-X brand either. I use the stuff that has a low freeze point. Has worked well for me.

Rain-X fluid makes my wipers skip... Rain-x window treatment does this as well (treatment is mixed in). Adams glass sealant never has.

I'm about to make my first Adam's purchase, and am hoping the wash and clay will be enough to clean the orange Rain-X stain off tell hood to my wife's Civic!!!:xfingers: