Customer Service 866.965.0400

revamping the 1966 chevelle

2008fx4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would love to remove the drip rails on the Firebird!!! Gret progress!:2thumbs:

they were already removed - evidently when the previous shop shaved the rails, every spot where they went through the metal with the grinder, they just bondo'd it. instead of filling each hole with a weld and smoothing it out.

Reminds me of an old blues line "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all". Been there, but not to that extreme, so sorry it's gone this way.

HOWEVER, you do have that Gorgeous engine waiting to be used. And the 6 speed ought to be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see the results.

they were already removed - evidently when the previous shop shaved the rails, every spot where they went through the metal with the grinder, they just bondo'd it. instead of filling each hole with a weld and smoothing it out.

Ouch, That's not good!! was the bondo all cracked or was it by luck you found it?

Have they given you any kind of idea on when they think it will be done? 6 months a year? Or no timeline at all?

not really - all the parts are there with the exception of new fenders, rear quarters and some little things. it'll be done when its done.

Ouch, That's not good!! was the bondo all cracked or was it by luck you found it?

not cracked yet - but its the reason i had the car stripped down - so many other visible issues.

• 3 weeks later...

This is going to be better than new when it's done! I have been watching the updates on facebook. My Dad has a 66 as well. Looks pretty good from 15' or so but never had the money to make it this nice. Those guys do some top notch custom work!

Edited by LimitedDodge

• 3 weeks later...