Customer Service 866.965.0400

revamping the 1966 chevelle

2008fx4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Starting to come along nice!

This is the first time I have seen this thread and I am shocked at how bad of a job the shop in Tucson did. How the heck did you get rust on the frame in Tucson AZ? 

Im glad Fesler is able to fix everything for you. When I was living in AZ i heard a lot about there shop. Looks like they do a great job

Any idea on how long till it is finished?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is that the TVS1900 or 2300 on that LS3? Also are you going to be having NicD dyno tune it once its done?

2300 - don't know who's gonna do the tuning at this point. I just want the car done. Taking way too long.

Very nice!  

I am enjoying watching this build and am happy when the thread is updated (to quote Chief Deputy U.S. Marshall Mullen from 'Justified' - "That thing is giving me a bit of a Marshal Car guy stiffy").  But I know you are getting anxious to get it on the road! 

• 1 month later...

I am extremely frustrated with Fesler right now. I have sent them over $80,000 and i have no clue whats going on with the car.  Its not like i can just jump in the car and go check it out.  They dont return calls or texts, and supposedly the car is going to paint or is already at the paint shop and no one has called to get conformation of colors or anything.  and outside of the motor and trans ive purchased with the 80, supposedly the majority of the rest is labor.  are they kidding?  the only time i hear from them is when they want more money. 

this is the third shop that has ruined this car for me - the whole experience around it.  i dont see how im ever going to be happy with this car.  

/end rant.

yep over a year - let me try and think what theyve accomplished:

body was stripped

frame stripped

body sandblasted

fit new rear quarters

rebuilt rear frame section

patched front fenders

ordered a new hood - massaged that to fit

rebuilt rear deck 

fixed rust on doors

aligned all panels

fabbed new dash from existing dash

fit new motor and trans - modified firewall and floorpan.

they f><{ing charged me to fix the door fitment because it was off.  after they supposedly fixed it the first time.  they charged me to pay for them to fix their screwup.  

just looked through all the invoices and its amazing what theyve claimed theyve done versus whats been done.

this is going to get nasty. 

Charging the customer for their screwup isn't right.  That should be at their expense, and I would think for as long as they have had your car they would be bending over backwards to get it back to you.  

thats the problem - they think they are.