Customer Service 866.965.0400

revamping the 1966 chevelle

2008fx4

Guy apparently doesn't know regardless of what he post's on Facebook, word of mouth is his biggest advertisement.  Overheard one guy saying that if you do the customer wrong they will tell 100 people.  Do them right and they may just tell 5.  Those weren't his exact words, but that was the jist of it.

Had a guy screw me over on some heating and air-conditioning.  Had some 4'x4' signs made up and hung them over the freeway on a couple of occasions.  Even went and picketed the home show where he had a booth set up.  Being a good Teamster I know how to picket.  Haven't seen any of his company vehicles around for quit some time.  Hopefully he went out of business.  Have posted a few things on the Internet about it as well.  Funny thing is some others have posted similar experiences to mine.

Lol that's awesome! I bet he regrets screwing you over!

wish i had good news, but i don't.  car had to have both sides resprayed to get the metallic to lay down more uniformly.  And the shop in PHX - who flat out said they are not building a car for SEMA have neglected the chevelle because, oh wait - they are building a car/truck for SEMA; the owner's superduty.  when I called him out and asked about it, i was told it was none of my business what he was doing. 

and i was told that i don't need a boost gauge for a supercharged engine.  and they had the dash painted before they drilled the holes out for the gauges.  

getting really old.  

Edited by 2008fx4

Unbelievable..

I guess once this thing is running you can always take it to Joe @ Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa and they can do a boost gauge no problem. He has been doing some pretty crazy builds lately, most recently a 1050whp ZR1 for Shift Sector

I don't know why you just don't get an attorney at this point.  

what legal gound do i have?  verbal agreement in a he said/he said case.  won't go anywhere.

there was never a set delivery date, never a true set-in-stone budget.  just verbal exchanges that have been neglected on one side.  

if you want to pay for my legal fees, feel free.  but I for one really don't want to waste any more money than I have to for this car to get done.  

Edited by 2008fx4

• 1 month later...

You got to be kidding.  What are they waiting on.  Seems like they have plenty of work to do since they are not working on your car.  Only things I could think of is they are being slow so they can tell people they are working on a car for Mr. XXXX XXXX (doing work for), you pissed them off and they are showing you, they do not have the staff to keep up with their projects in the shop.

• 2 months later...

There is a local restoration shop that has a reality television show.  I hadn't seen it on for a while, but ironically I have seen it the last two nights when crawling into bed.  They did a 50's something pickup for someone.  When it come time for the reveal to the customer, the customer said something along the lines of he was excited to see his truck.  It had been a "couple of months" since he last saw it.  Waiting a couple of years is more than patient.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Thread revival - I sold the Chevelle several months ago - and very glad to be done with the shop that had it.  I feel bad for the customers that have not been as fortunate as I was to walk away from their project.  There were several vehicles there when I dropped mine off that still haven't been completed.  Please, whatever you guys do with your money is your business, but please do not support the shop that had my car.  No good will come of it, I can promise you that.