Customer Service 866.965.0400

revamping the 1966 chevelle

2008fx4

Unreal how slow they are. We ran into a similar slowness issue when we got our 1970 Olds 442 painted a few years back at a local body shop in Tempe. It was frustrating to say the least.

Edited by AZGTO

honestly never felt comfortable with any of the paint shops we were trying to source out the work to.  this guy has done most of fesler's cars and we worked out a trade - the old big block for the paint work.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so - still such a effed up project - along with an effed up company to deal with.  they wont even spend $50 and 6 hrs time to go pick up the frame from the painters.  so instead of the frame getting powdercoated, the wheels getting new hoops, motor and trans going in, all the lines for the brakes, fuel etc being run, the frame is just sitting.  no work being done to progress the build forward.  

the shop in phoenix is absolutely no help - they told me to go get the frame myself.  awesome.

supposedly more work has been done and they are gonna spray some samples for me to see by the end of the week.  so, at the rate things are going, i'll probably see those color samples some time in October.  

B2BB768A-DCCC-4C6F-9630-B29FD803D559_zps

00932E4E-215D-4C3B-B22A-FC0EE554F4AB_zps

98B872C7-B31C-4251-87FA-A461E3346C1A_zps

A5766150-645D-4AE0-A24B-721954EC5A52_zps

Edited by 2008fx4

How did the frame get to the painters?  Your paying them big money to restore this car and this is what you get?  Tell them word of mouth is there best advertisement regardless of the quality of work they do.  Who wants to wait as long as you have to have their car done. 

How did the frame get to the painters?  Your paying them big money to restore this car and this is what you get?  Tell them word of mouth is there best advertisement regardless of the quality of work they do.  Who wants to wait as long as you have to have their car done. 

car was put on a trailer to get to the painters.  97.8 miles door to door.  supposedly now both fesler's trailer and the painters trailer are either borrowed or broken.  convenient. 

this is brutal.  

car was put on a trailer to get to the painters.  97.8 miles door to door.  supposedly now both fesler's trailer and the painters trailer are either borrowed or broken.  convenient. 

this is brutal.  

Really, they have only 1 trailer each and they send work back and forth to each other?  This is like hiring a plumber and him telling you he has no pipe wrenches and needs you to go hit the Hardware store to get one to do your job.  They wouldn't be in business long.  This is ridiculous.  If it were me, I would give them X amount of time to get the car done or your going to pursue it legally.  At this point what do you have to lose?  You have been more than patient waiting and they have done nothing but drag their feet.  Anybody with some common sense should side with you with as long as you have waited.  Maybe even offer to go get it yourself and tell them you will be deducting time and money from the bill for doing work that they are responsible for.  Especially when they took it to that painter.  It wasn't someone you picked.

Edited by LFairbanks

• 3 weeks later...

love it when i call the guy that owns the shop to ask whats going on with my project, and he says hes away from the shop and will get back to me a week later.  

awesome. 

So bypassed the shop and contacted the painter directly. Seemed like the logical choice to get paint samples and make the final decision on the color.

Got three colors sprayed in a weeks time and got the samples in the mail today:

15F13744-8248-464F-8B37-638FAD8BACD3_zps

The silver on the left: Volkswagen Reflex Silver - the original color

The silver in the middle: A Nissan Silver - which Fesler had a Nova sprayed

The silver on the right: a GM Silver

I chose the silver on the right - paint code WA636R - gonna keep the color in the family!