Customer Service 866.965.0400

revamping the 1966 chevelle

2008fx4

Maybe I'am reading into this a little too much.  But it almost sounds as though somebody over there has gotten themselves into some financial issues and are using your funds to build cars that were ahead of yours, and yours won't get done till somebody behind you funds your build.  Even though the money you have put forth should have went to your car.  Follow what I'am trying to explain?  Just something to question and or think about.  The avoidance of phone calls and texts makes it even more fishy.

Wow I would be Pissed at them. They don't seem to like it when people talk bad about their work. They blocked me from commenting on their stuff on Facebook because I posted a comment they didn't like

are you serious? 

what was it?

are you serious?

what was it?

It was a c6 vette they were doing an STS rear mount twin turbo install on. I told them those kits are garbage and that they would have made more power doing a TVS setup. After that they deleted the comment and I haven't been able to comment on their stuff anymore.

didnt they have major issues with the sts install on that vette and then were very vocal about the fact that they werent going to sell or install any more kits from sts??

found it - from their facebook page:

1263020_10151859378784030_1948451077_o.j

Fesler Built regrets to inform our customers, and the world, we will no longer promote, carry or install any product from STS Turbo (STSTurbo.com). Just look at the picture below—this is completely bolted up, no room for adjustment. 

Please note that Fesler goes out of it's way to not bash or talk bad about any other company out there but enough is enough... On this nightmare 2004 Corvette install we had charge pipes that didn't fit (requiring extensive modification), backwards intake brackets, charge pipes that did not clear the rear tires and out-of-alignment exhaust (photo below). There were no oil lines, the pillar gauge was warped and customer service was nonexistent. The plug-n-play tuner was anything but, and customer service in regard to tuning was worse than with the parts issues. Between the modification and tuning problems the kit took 2.5 times longer than STS claims it should—THIS IS A BOLT-IN DIY KIT! 

We are both manufacture and install numerous performance items and we understand that not every job goes as planned, but this went way beyond the norm. The end result is that STS Turbo refused to stand behind its product and Fesler WILL NOT work with a company that doesn't value its dealers and customers—not just for us but, more importantly, for our customers. 

We did try to resolve this with STS, but their solution was to offer us ½ of our lost repair/modification costs in free upgrade parts on the next STS kit we buy (how does that help our current customer?) We will not subject our staff or our customers to more problems like these. 

This is an issue we experienced personally and we have read about numerous issues with STS Turbo—don’t take our word for it, search for yourself before you buy anything.
 — with Sts Turbo andSTS Turbo.
Edited by 2008fx4

Yeah I just went back and looked again. They did delete my comment. Did you get a hold of them yet?

yeah - kind of funny.  whatever.  prob gonna drop in as a surprise this week.  so freaking mad that i cant see straight.

Edited by 2008fx4

good luck... body shops have a tendency of never being wrong, and the customer never being right. best thing to do is be civil, show the invoices for work overcharged and request more communication from them.

I have never had that problem.  Usually if you point out the obvious I would think they would make it right.  That has been my experience.  In fact because of the issues that I brought to their attention they ended up charging me employee cost for parts.  They were embarrassed and I was nice about it.

Probably cause he made the trip north and is putting a fire under their back side.

maybe.

i dont mind waiting for the car to be finished if the work is done properly.  the car was already built in a half-assed manner - dont need to to go through that again.  My biggest issue was the lack of communication - which led me to believe that the car hadnt come as far along as i had hoped.  hopefully that will change now that both sides have hashed it out a little.  

ironed out all the paint details.  car will stay the same silver.  all the trim, grille, bumpers will be a satin black.  entire engine compartment and underside of the hood will be the same satin black.  still trying to figure out the wheels.  Going to be keeping the forgelines, but taking an inch off the lip on the front wheels so that we can lower the front end and still be able to turn on the new coilover suspension.  front wheels now are a 19x10 running a 295 series tire - will be going to a 19x9 and a 265 series.  but im still undecided on the finish.  im thinking the entire wheel powdercoated satin black, with a silver accent stripe around the outer edge of the lip near the tire, and stainless hardware.  similar to this:

2215.jpg

also going to be keeping the seats that i had - but redoing them in a nicer material and pattern to match the rear thats already been done.  center console still has to be fabbed up - but that cant happen until the interior is in.  fesler is also going to be designing and building new door panels for no charge - they will be making a mold off these to sell.  

i think theres more, but my brain hurts right now.

Edited by 2008fx4

• 1 month later...

guess what - car still hasnt been touched by a painter.  dont really know where the car is at this point.

probably could call it in stolen and get away with it!!!

this sucks.  dont ever use who i used for anything - even parts.  they arent worth it in my eyes at this point.

It sounds like the shop bite off more then they could handle and got in over their head.  Instead of admitting it they are delaying work and promising work they can't do.  Doing all of this and not returning phone calls tells me they are in trouble. Either they can't deliver what they promised or as someone else mentioned they have burnt through your money and do not have money left to do what they have said they have already done.    

Pulling the car out now, you would never see the $4000 or more and likely have to pay more then that to get the car to where they said it would be/is. 

An attorney would be my next stop. 

• 4 weeks later...