Customer Service 866.965.0400

Soap for Foam Cannon?

teamcrossworks

Question

As I continue to feed my addiction...

I recently purchased a pressure washer (and just ordered a foam cannon) to be incorporated into my wash routine.

Sequence of wash as I see it...

Foam car

Rinse car

Perform 2 bucket wash

Of course I will be using Adam's Shampoo for my 2 bucket wash! My question is, should I use it in the foam cannon as well or is there a better "foaming" product that would work better for this application?

Would u still need to wash by hand after foaming?

Good morning Travis

I do still wash by hand. I use the 2 bucket washing.

While the foam/lather loosens the dirt I than start my wash from top down with two different was pads. I just make sure I give it a really good rinse afterwards.

Good morning Travis

I do still wash by hand. I use the 2 bucket washing.

While the foam/lather loosens the dirt I than start my wash from top down with two different was pads. I just make sure I give it a really good rinse afterwards.

Ok thanks

Good morning

you do not want to rinse the foam off the car before you 2 bucket wash it... the foam is there as a lubricant and it helps lift dirt from the surface while your cleaning to help prevent swirls. if the vehicle is excessively dirty, it wouldn't hurt to foam it, let the soap soak into the grime and lift it from the surface, high pressure rinse it, then foam it again :)

Good advice listed above! The community is getting stronger this fall!

Adam's Car Shampoo suds and foams more than anything I've used. We just got a new Cannon at the Warehouse we are testing, and only putting 5 oz. of soap in the huge canister, we were literally shooting out clouds on our latest detail!

(Write up to come soon!)

Mook

Lots of good information here Kurt. Once you try this and decide you like playing with the foam, check out my thread on http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/tips-tricks/16281.htm. Toot, toot! :D

Michael, I like your idea because of convenience but from the research I've done (I research waaayyy too much), people have said warm water works best with foaming...any experience with using warm vs cold?

Kurt .. I never used warm water so I could not tell you. Im sure Michael will chime in.

As for Michaels thread ..Ive just been measuring as I prep for a wash. I wish I had an empty gallon jug so I can create a nice Shampoo mixture. Now I know what to do to make it easier on me.

Hoping to see a daily special with some car shampoo soon again.

Foam car

Rinse car

Perform 2 bucket wash

I'm gonna give you a slightly different answer...

1. High pressure rinse car! This gets most of the heavy crap off!!

2. Foam the car let it sit while you get everything ready to go.

3. Rinse car off

4. Foam again and move right to step 5 without a rinse

5. 2 bucket wash

3. Rinse car off

5. 2 bucket wash

This is my exact routine, and makes the most since to me. Foaming the car down and going straight to the two bucket wash means all the dirt and grit is still on the car. But if you let the foam sit and loosen everything up, spray it off, and then foam again so that you have extra lubricity during the two bucket wash, you're decreasing your chances of swirls as much as humanly possible.

3. Rinse car off

5. 2 bucket wash

SOLD! Thanks all... :grouphug:

3. Rinse car off

5. 2 bucket wash

How much car shampoo do you use in this method? It seems like it would be a decent amount of product. I have an ext cab truck, so I don't wanna be using like 1/3 of the 16oz just for ONE regular routine wash

sent from your HTC Rezound

How much car shampoo do you use in this method? It seems like it would be a decent amount of product. I have an ext cab truck, so I don't wanna be using like 1/3 of the 16oz just for ONE regular routine wash

sent from your HTC Rezound

My 2500 Ram is the biggest vehicle I have and I don't use all that much at all, by using the last foaming as some of my "wash" suds it cuts down on how much shampoo goes in the bucket.

Good advice listed above! The community is getting stronger this fall!

Adam's Car Shampoo suds and foams more than anything I've used. We just got a new Cannon at the Warehouse we are testing, and only putting 5 oz. of soap in the huge canister, we were literally shooting out clouds on our latest detail!

(Write up to come soon!)

Mook

Mook,

Any word on when this cannon would become available to purchase??? And do you know what pressure washers it would fit on?? Thanks for any insight...

Mook,

Any word on when this cannon would become available to purchase??? And do you know what pressure washers it would fit on?? Thanks for any insight...

None as of now.

If we decide to sell one, it will have to be made entirely in the USA, and fall into our other requirements.

I bought one on Amazon recently since I didn't know Adams was testing one. I opted to get the one that goes on the garden hose so I don't have to break out the pressure washer every time I wash my rides. I think it was about $45. Curious to see how it works once it arrives.

I bought one on Amazon recently since I didn't know Adams was testing one. I opted to get the one that goes on the garden hose so I don't have to break out the pressure washer every time I wash my rides. I think it was about $45. Curious to see how it works once it arrives.

I use one that attaches to a normal hose and it works great! The first time I filled the container half full of Adams shampoo, big mistake, way too much soap! Now I use about a cap full of shampoo and fill the rest of the container with water and mix well. You may have to play around with the amount of soap you need. P.S. wish Adams had these for sale, I couldn't find a American made one at the time. :thumbsup:

Awwww come'on Mook.......you tell us! :glasses:

You know me. I will always tell you what's up.

Ok, no I won't! If it passes ALL of the rigorous testing that Dylan and I have for it, you'll see it for sale at some point. Keep in mind, we test something for a good year usually before you see it.

R&D is hard work!:2thumbs: