Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam gun

tony97gt

Question

Adams doesn't sell one at the moment.

There are two types

Foam Gun:Connects to your garden hose.

Foam Canon:Connects to a pressure washer wand.

Foam Guns are less expensive and 100% compatible with what you already own.

Foam canons may need a whole new washer depending on what type of connectors you have. Canons are much more expensive too.

I have one of adam's from when they still sold them. and I love it. But I believe it was when the noticed the "made in china" stamp on the nozzle and pulled them. Only issue I have with mine is it leaks out the connector. But I opted to keep it instead of sending it back!

Is that a cop car your washing!?

Yes sir. It's my assigned take home vehicle, therefore my responsibility to keep it clean. My pride and a slight bit of OCD (both enhanced by a few years in the US Marines) means it gets the Adams treatment as well as the other vehicles in my driveway.

I degreased the rims yesterday with APC and painted them with high gloss high temp paint, then hit the tires with some SVRT. I started to hit the chrome center cap with my 4" pad and some metal polish #1, but decided to wait until my second 4" pad comes in for metal polish #2. I also had some faded decals replaced yesterday. Next up will be to clean the engine and then full detail inside and out.

baryru6u.jpg

Not that it's really pertinent to this thread, but While we are on the topic of made In USA..

Has anyone else noticed that quick sealant is made in Canada?

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.

Not that it's really pertinent to this thread, but While we are on the topic of made In USA..

Has anyone else noticed that quick sealant is made in Canada?

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.

Yes, QS and InO both are produced in Canada. We here in the USA have a few too many rules when it comes to producing stuff with propellants in it. Our good friends to the North say it's just fine!

:D:2thumbs:

I purchased a Foam Gun recently from one of Adams' dealers, Odds & Ends Detailing in Sterling, VA (great & helpful guy there - Darryl). I hope to use it for the first time this weekend, weather permitting. I can't remember the capacity of the unit, I'm guessing maybe a quart, but I can't remember the mixture or ratio of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo to use. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Any preference between the hydro or the gilmour? The hydrofoam 481 is only $20 plus shipping $12 shipping. The gilmour 95q is $50 plus $6 shipping. I'd really like to get one.

I have used both brands. I prefer the Hydro. Check with Grabiak Performance first...they are a dealer, and that's where I got mine from.

I purchased a Foam Gun recently from one of Adams' dealers, Odds & Ends Detailing in Sterling, VA (great & helpful guy there - Darryl). I hope to use it for the first time this weekend, weather permitting. I can't remember the capacity of the unit, I'm guessing maybe a quart, but I can't remember the mixture or ratio of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo to use. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Fill the thing up to just past the neck with warm water, add in 4 oz of Adam's Car Shampoo. Twist top on, slosh around to mix it all up, then one more time before use.

This is from an A3 JD and I knocked out a couple times.

DSC02717.jpg

DSC02721.jpg

Thanks Mook. I was able to use the foam gun this weekend, with your mixture advice, and it worked great. Prior to its usage I was running errands at a mega-home store and saw some of those fertilizer sprayers mentioned here and thought they'd work as well. However, I ended up using the entire contents of the bottle on the car. Unless I really overdid it with the soaping, the sprayers I saw at the store didn't have enough product capacity for me.

Thanks again.

Adams doesn't sell one at the moment.

There are two types

Foam Gun:Connects to your garden hose.

Foam Canon:Connects to a pressure washer wand.

Foam Guns are less expensive and 100% compatible with what you already own.

Foam canons may need a whole new washer depending on what type of connectors you have. Canons are much more expensive too.

I like to call the hose type, SUDS gun's, there really isn't any comparison to the canon's. The canon's are more like a shaving cream depending on the setting, and the hose type are a quick sudsing. I've seen techniques that some just use the hose type and run their wool mit or pad directly behind it to ensure maximum lubrication.

I have both the Hydro and Gilmour and the Hydro is a better gun. I used to carry them, until the Made in China deal.

Also, people are selling them cheaper on Amazon than I was paying wholesale. Can't compete!! From Adam's (and from me) they used tu retail at $69.95. They're about $38/FREE Shipping on Amazon.

If Phil @ Detailer's Domain or Darryl @ Odds & Ends still have Hydros in stock, get one from them, both great Adam's Dealers!!

This was with the old Gilmour II. Not nearly the suds as the Hydro. I'll have to break out the Hydro for some pics!

392011390.jpg

One thing to remember, expect results to vary, due to water quality.

Edited by eric@thompsonracing.us
Added Pic