Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gamma Seal Lids on Buckets

hoss

Question

I'm using a 2 bucket wash system with grit guards in both buckets. When I'm done and empty the buckets I was having trouble getting the grit out of the empty buckets. When I'd rinse the buckets and tilt them up to empty them the dirt or grit would get hung up in the lip of the gamma seal around the rim and then go back to the bottom of the bucket. I ended up removing the gamma seal around the top of the buckets so that there was no lip for the dirt to get caught in. The main lid still fits on the top of the buckets but loosely. Luckily I never have to transport the buckets full so it's no big deal. Has anyone else experienced this?

10 answers to this question

I generally take a shop towel or rag and wipe out the last little bit of stuff that gets trapped in the bucket. If you think about it you'll likely have more 'gunk' settle into the bucket while it sits without a lid on it than you would otherwise.

I still put the lids on when I'm finished, just that they aren't tight. Good enough though to keep any dirt out while not in use.

I never thought about running a bead of silicone around the inside lip though. That might have worked. I destroyed 1 gamma seal getting it back off and on the other bucket I never installed it to start with.