Customer Service 866.965.0400

My SS Has Had Some Things Happen

THE Mook

Funny little side story since we're discussing TBSS's. The guy who bought mine has been eagerly asking when I can come detail it. He claims he just can't get it to look as good as when I owned it....(Hmmmm I wonder why). To be honest, I don't want to ever see it again, but business is business so we'll see when I get to it.

Then he asks if I would be interested in buying it back and that he's only put 210 miles on it since he purchased it from me in February. This is why I don't want to ever hear or see that thing again so I don't do anything crazy..........but I did offer him a price about $7k under what he paid to take it back. :snap: Needless to say he never responded!

Anyways, yours in coming along nicely brotha! And those wheels, calipers and headlights set that thing apart from any other one out there.

Edited by JBlack151

Looks amazing! :drool:   Stinks that it is the only set he will make like that but I can completely understand why.  Would love to have a setup like that for the better halfs TBSS.  The optics alone are very well worth it.

Only set in Silverstone Metallic.  ;)

Brandi's SS would look great all colormatched.

Mook

Thanks everyone for the nice words about the changes!  More always planned!

Mook

Only set in Silverstone Metallic.   ;)

Brandi's SS would look great all colormatched.

Mook

OOO now you have my interest!  I agree it would look amazing all color matched!  Gears are turning in my brain... :D

You guys!!!  I am so glad you like your lights Mook.  JD did a great job!  However, I still haven't installed my EURO lights (clear corners) that I bought LAST YEAR!!!!!  Let's work on that mod before thinking about others.  Please?  :wub:

You guys!!!  I am so glad you like your lights Mook.  JD did a great job!  However, I still haven't installed my EURO lights (clear corners) that I bought LAST YEAR!!!!!  Let's work on that mod before thinking about others.  Please?  :wub:

Send those to JD. ;)

Morning friends.

I write this post in a bit of a rut mentally.  My transmission is officially toast in the TBSS, and it will be some time before I get it repaired.  I am not rebuilding this for the track nor am I replacing stock for stock.  There is a big decision to be made by me within 36 hours so that the ball can be rolling and my truck can get put back together.

I had to limp home from what's normally a 15 minute drive on the way home from Good Guys on Friday, 1/4 mile at a time, at 25 mph, in "2", shut it off for two minutes, and then rinse and repeat for the next 90 minutes until I was home.  Thank God my Dad was around to help herd me to where I needed to go.  The joys of having this towed, being as low as I am...I am really looking forward to that mess too.

Mook

Morning friends.

I write this post in a bit of a rut mentally.  My transmission is officially toast in the TBSS, and it will be some time before I get it repaired.  I am not rebuilding this for the track nor am I replacing stock for stock.  There is a big decision to be made by me within 36 hours so that the ball can be rolling and my truck can get put back together.

I had to limp home from what's normally a 15 minute drive on the way home from Good Guys on Friday, 1/4 mile at a time, at 25 mph, in "2", shut it off for two minutes, and then rinse and repeat for the next 90 minutes until I was home.  Thank God my Dad was around to help herd me to where I needed to go.  The joys of having this towed, being as low as I am...I am really looking forward to that mess too.

Mook

Friend of mine is having his trans rebuilt right now too in his SS, along with a few other goodies to go in.

Maybe when they are both finished we should get together for a photoshoot.

Friend of mine is having his trans rebuilt right now too in his SS, along with a few other goodies to go in.

Maybe when they are both finished we should get together for a photoshoot.

Who is it?  Part of TBSSowners?  There are like 3-5 of us in Colorado with broken trans right now.

:(

Morning friends.

Mook

Hate to hear that man...I am saving my pennies for when mine dies. It's not if but when unfortunately. 

Would you care to share the year/miles and awd/2wd? Just curious as it seems AWD's last between 70-90k miles and mine is at 68 and change :(

2007 73k miles and some change.

At this point, I am leaning towards Phoenix Trans, and having it be built to handle 500 AWHP.  I will never take the truck that high in the motor, but I want that peace of mind.  The contact there really, I mean really, seems to have a grasp on the 4L70E.

how about a 6L80E swap?!? bet there's a number of them at the salvage yard from totaled silverados/sierras, tahoes/yukons, camaro's, etc....

To do that is about an additional $6k.  Not interested in it for that price.  I am interested in having two or three more gears lol!

• 4 weeks later...

Update! I think I am going to go 4L80E. A good friend has found an avenue where it cheaper to get a Stage II that will handle a Ton of HP for me, than having a built 70. Should be back up by September with all the travel I have coming up! Couple other goodies happening while its apart too...

Update! I think I am going to go 4L80E. A good friend has found an avenue where it cheaper to get a Stage II that will handle a Ton of HP for me, than having a built 70. Should be back up by September with all the travel I have coming up! Couple other goodies happening while its apart too...

I have a feeling said goodies are going to do this to your face :D  while you do this down the streets :burnout:

Can't wait! B)