Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Well Dressing Options

ranmac

Question

I have used the undercarriage spray on wheel wells and it work quite well. The only issue I have is the staining on cement if it drips. I have some spots outside my house that show up pronounced every time it rains..

What would be the con of using In and Out Spray instead? I assume that wouldn't have the staining issue... but maybe it wouldn't last as long?

Thoughts

13 answers to this question

I have used the undercarriage spray on wheel wells and it work quite well. The only issue I have is the staining on cement if it drips. I have some spots outside my house that show up pronounced every time it rains..

What would be the con of using In and Out Spray instead? I assume that wouldn't have the staining issue... but maybe it wouldn't last as long?

Thoughts

Would also be very expensive.... I could use a whole can of I/O on one wheel well.

Thoughts

What kind of vehicle Randy? You could always use SVRT in spray form (50/50), or just SVRT on an applicator. That should work out well for you.

What kind of vehicle Randy? You could always use SVRT in spray form (50/50), or just SVRT on an applicator. That should work out well for you.

Couple vehicles.. my wife's civic coupe doesn't have a lot or room to inside the fender well. A brush hardly fits in without coming up from the bottom first. The other car (maxima) there could very well be room to fit my hand in... especially if I turned the wheel first.

That's a great idea of diluting SVRT with water...

Are there advantages to using one product over the other? It seems like the undercarriage spray last longer.. but maybe I need to clean a couple of fender wells and try SVRT on one and undercarriage on the other and see what transposes.. (soon as it warms up that is.. mid-west is cold right now)... Has anybody tried a test like that?

Let me ask it a different way... if I were to take the time to jack up the car so I could get my hand and applicator into the wheel well.. what would you recommend using... SVRT, undercarriage or In/Out... survival with water and dirt I guess would be key and a good black "hide away" finish...

if your having a problem with it staininng your driveway I have seen guys put down some cheapo microfibers from autozone or walmart where it would normally drip to prevent staining and a slippery surface. Or my thought would be to use it on the grass. If it drips on the yard no one is going to notice.

if your having a problem with it staininng your driveway I have seen guys put down some cheapo microfibers from autozone or walmart where it would normally drip to prevent staining and a slippery surface. Or my thought would be to use it on the grass. If it drips on the yard no one is going to notice.

It may even give your grass a nice sheen,lol. Then we would be onto a whole new thread.

Couple vehicles.. my wife's civic coupe doesn't have a lot or room to inside the fender well. A brush hardly fits in without coming up from the bottom first. The other car (maxima) there could very well be room to fit my hand in... especially if I turned the wheel first.

That's a great idea of diluting SVRT with water...

Are there advantages to using one product over the other? The dilluted SVRT is for area's that are hard to reach. I don't know what the longevity of that method is, as I've never done it because I see no need. It seems like the undercarriage spray last longer.. but maybe I need to clean a couple of fender wells and try SVRT on one and undercarriage on the other and see what transposes.. Sure, try the test and post a timeline for us, I'm curious to see how that would turn out. My guess is the the longevityis roughly the same (depending on the conditions), I could be wrong. (soon as it warms up that is.. mid-west is cold right now)... Has anybody tried a test like that? IIRC it's been brought up, but no actual test.

Let me ask it a different way... if I were to take the time to jack up the car so I could get my hand and applicator into the wheel well.. what would you recommend using... SVRT, undercarriage or In/Out...I would use either the SVRT or IUS, but can't you get the same affect just turning your wheels? That's alot of work to jack the car up for that purpose. survival with water and dirt I guess would be key and a good black "hide away" finish...

Answered

When using the undercarriage spray...does it dry completely?

By that I mean, once dried.....if you ran your fingers across the wheel well liner would you see any type of black residue coming off onto your fingers or hand.

Example...I'm at a car show & the judge happens to run his hand or fingers under the fenders looking for dirt, is he going to see any of the undercarriage spray on his hand?

What's wrong with just using the detail spray on the plastic liners?