Customer Service 866.965.0400

Few Questions About Adam's

detail4life

Question

I've been using Adam's for a couple months now and I've been very happy with everything I've used. But while I've been browsing around on various sites I've come across some things that confuse me.

First off I was looking on Auto Geek and noticed a product called VRP by Chemical Guys. After reading some about this product I found a lot of similarities with Adam's VRT. I was very intrigued by this mainly because of the price point for the 16oz bottle. I did read some reviews about this particular product and they all are very good reviews just like with Adam's.

After my attention was caught by seeing this I started looking at other products as well by this same company. While looking I came across what they call Buttery Wet Wax, Revive Polish, Bare Bones Undercarriage Spray and a few others, all of which claim the same performance as Adam's and interestingly they are all the same exact color and as you can see have very similar names.

I haven't really looked into other brands and products as I came across Adam's from watching Junkman's videos on YouTube. Once I visited Adam's website and saw their videos and reviews of their products I purchased a few. My questions come from my curiosity of what I ran into earlier tonight. Basically why is this brand Chemical Guys and Adam's so similar? Down to the names of their products and even the colors and fresh scents.

Thanks guys!

Happy Detailing!

14 answers to this question

I've been using Adam's for a couple months now and I've been very happy with everything I've used. But while I've been browsing around on various sites I've come across some things that confuse me.

First off I was looking on Auto Geek and noticed a product called VRP by Chemical Guys. After reading some about this product I found a lot of similarities with Adam's VRT. I was very intrigued by this mainly because of the price point for the 16oz bottle. I did read some reviews about this particular product and they all are very good reviews just like with Adam's.

After my attention was caught by seeing this I started looking at other products as well by this same company. While looking I came across what they call Buttery Wet Wax, Revive Polish, Bare Bones Undercarriage Spray and a few others, all of which claim the same performance as Adam's and interestingly they are all the same exact color and as you can see have very similar names.

I haven't really looked into other brands and products as I came across Adam's from watching Junkman's videos on YouTube. Once I visited Adam's website and saw their videos and reviews of their products I purchased a few. My questions come from my curiosity of what I ran into earlier tonight. Basically why is this brand Chemical Guys and Adam's so similar? Down to the names of their products and even the colors and fresh scents.

Thanks guys!

Happy Detailing!

I have noticed California car Cover used to sell Adams and now have their own Copy Cat products. I guess everyone tries to copy the BEST

I have noticed California car Cover used to sell Adams and now have their own Copy Cat products. I guess everyone tries to copy the BEST

I did some reading about Chemical Guys to get to know more about their company and they've actually been around for over 40 years. If I'm not mistaken Adam's is fairly new only being around for about 10 years.

they also have in and out spray, and some other similar names. Also the wording used is pretty much the same on a lot of products. How they explain their clay bar or how the under carriage spray makes it look "invisible". A lot lot of thing are very similar. But holy crap is their website, confusing, hard to follow, and the products seem not user friendly.

I havent really looked much into them. Before i got into adams my friend told me about CG. I checked out their webiste and didnt even know where to start. They have way to many products. Why do you need 4 types of clay bars, a clay block, oxidation block etc etc.

There bottles of compound, polish, etc are confusing. The labels arent as user friendly i guess you can say. Adams is so straight forward on what to do and how to do it, where they seem to be more technical. Im a complete noob when it comes to detailing, so it wasnt really helpful.

they also have in and out spray, and some other similar names. Also the wording used is pretty much the same on a lot of products. How they explain their clay bar or how the under carriage spray makes it look "invisible". A lot lot of thing are very similar. But holy crap is their website, confusing, hard to follow, and the products seem not user friendly.

I havent really looked much into them. Before i got into adams my friend told me about CG. I checked out their webiste and didnt even know where to start. They have way to many products. Why do you need 4 types of clay bars, a clay block, oxidation block etc etc.

There bottles of compound, polish, etc are confusing. The labels arent as user friendly i guess you can say. Adams is so straight forward on what to do and how to do it, where they seem to be more technical. Im a complete noob when it comes to detailing, so it wasnt really helpful.

I agree with you there, their website was hard to follow for the most part. But for the few items I was interested in and was able to find, I can't help but wonder how two different companies sell essentially the same exact product, but Adam's seems to raise the price almost 200%.

I agree with you there, their website was hard to follow for the most part. But for the few items I was interested in and was able to find, I can't help but wonder how two different companies sell essentially the same exact product, but Adam's seems to raise the price almost 200%.

A neighbor of mine has ordered some of these products. I do not think they are of the same quality and do not go as far. Not sure if they are made in the USA. Adam's stands behind their products and customer sevice is top notch!!

My Dad always said you get what you pay for, for the most part he has been right. Just my two cents.

Adams is made in the USA.

Adams has 110% money back guarantee.

Adams has a forum & a video collection to support YOU.

Adams has the BEST customer service in this or any industry.

Something tells me you know all this. After all, why aren't you posting this on the Chemical Guys forum for help?? Oh yeah......they don't have one. Adams is the best because of what they offer in service, and because products are made by an American worker. And trust me, if you've used Adams products.......you wouldn't even be asking this, the results are FACE MELTING. :) At least they're the best I've ever seen, and the best I've ever gotten.

Edited by Chase@Adams

When was the last time anyone from CG posted their cell phone number and told you to call when you needed assistance as Adam and Dylan have both done here numerous times? 100%, 200%, 300%...whatever the perceived difference in price, it will be money well spent with Adam's.

Ok guys I get what you guys are saying and I'm not trying to figure out who is better than the other, because for one I already have purchased and currently use Adam's products and two I'm not that nieve to post about opinions on Adam's products on Adam's forums.

I simply asked why and what makes this Chemical Guys brand or Adam's products different from one another along with the price point?

I believe it is a good selling point that Adam's claims Made in USA, however, I have read multiple places this is not 100% true.

Nonetheless, Adam's customer support is very good and one of a kind hands down. :rockon:

Good question and good job on having the nads to ask that question on the Adams forums. But I have to agree with the above posts on getting what you pay for. I love Adams products even if they aren't the cheapest. If I wanted cheap stuff I would go to Walmart and buy paste wax.

Good question and good job on having the nads to ask that question on the Adams forums. But I have to agree with the above posts on getting what you pay for. I love Adams products even if they aren't the cheapest. If I wanted cheap stuff I would go to Walmart and buy paste wax.

I understand that, I don't believe Chemical Guys is a "cheap brand" as they are not sold at Walmart. I don't consider Meguiar's a cheap brand either and they are sold at Walmart. But as far as detailing products online, they seem to be very popular along with Adam's. I'm simply asking for comparisons and any reasoning behind the exact similarities of the two. To be honest they outright look like exact copies...

The way they look and the way they perform, along with the customer service, is probably where the competition falls behind. I can't say for sure because I've never used CG, but if you don't think Meguirs is a lower class product then why are you spending more money on Adams?

I understand that, I don't believe Chemical Guys is a "cheap brand" as they are not sold at Walmart. I don't consider Meguiar's a cheap brand either and they are sold at Walmart. But as far as detailing products online, they seem to be very popular along with Adam's. I'm simply asking for comparisons and any reasoning behind the exact similarities of the two. To be honest they outright look like exact copies...

First off, thanks for asking the question professionally, and without being a jerk. If you’re going to spend your money, I believe you have the right to know.:thumbsup: The above mentioned is a given, no matter what anyone on any forum says, they are the best when it comes to taking care of the customer. Purely guessing, as I don't know the "ins" and "outs" of where the products are manufactured. I will let the Adam's folks answer you for sure. :thumbsup:

Adam's doesn't "manufacture" their own chemicals, very few of the detailing brands do. Meguiars, Menzerna.....the huge companies. Adam's takes a year or so of R&D, listens to its forum members, and creates a "recipe" or "blueprint" and sources it out. The products they put out will be second to none or they won't sell it.

Now, I know their criteria are very, very strict, or they won't sell the item. They will pull it from the shelves if the quality suffers in any way. IE, a part of a foam gun was being made in China, so they don't sell them anymore. From the bottles, to the sprayers, to the bristles on a brush, they have to Made in the USA, or IF this is not possible, then it will be imported from a country that has fair labor laws, and doesn't involve a 14 year old girl working 14 hours a day putting out cheap products.

Yes CG has been around a while, but I will GUARANTEE you anything, that if anyone has copied a product, it was Chemical Guys copying Adam's. There is a reason why a small company, aimed at the novice detailer, got the backing of GM and is the official product line of Corvette and Camaro.

Are the prices slightly higher than some? Yes. But I know a lot of brands that are much, much higher. You get what you pay for, and it's much easier for brands like CG to sell things cheaper, when for instance, all your MF's are Made in China, and you do a high volume of business.

Hope this helps man....Welcome to the Forum....sit back, kick your feet up and enjoy yourself:burnout: I'm sure Dylan and the gang will answer your question for sure........shine on brother.

To me, the Adams company feels like a bunch of friends who share a common interest. Kinda like a mom and pop store as compared to a franchise. I know every product on the website and know what each one does. Dylan has helped me on several occasions without feeling like he's in a rush or like I'm bothering him. He's gone as far as giving me his cell number while he's out of town. Between the forums and the videos, the quality of their products, the customer service, the forum discounts, and daily specials...you get your money's worth.