Customer Service 866.965.0400

Re-Formulated Detail Spray (Calling: Dylan)

egott_91

Question

You guys will see it..... when you see it. Some here have played with and tested the new formula. All I'll say at this point "COMING SOON"

they just had a week long sale on gallons of detail spray, that also came with a 36oz of detail spray. Trying to get rid of old stock?!?1 maybe the new detail spray is coming sooner then we think!

I have a question, hopefully someone can answer.......

Is there a shelf life for Detail Spray? I have a gallon that I got a long time ago, I believe it's stamped 2008 on the bottom. Just wondering if this will last and how long?

I have a question, hopefully someone can answer.......

Is there a shelf life for Detail Spray? I have a gallon that I got a long time ago, I believe it's stamped 2008 on the bottom. Just wondering if this will last and how long?

Shelf life is 2-2.5 years roughly for Adams products, I'm in the same boat as you though I still have some old waterless wash from the first batch that turned grey. I've still been using it though and its fine

Have a gallon left so Im sure I will be in the hunt when it does come out.

Im sure it was difficult to improve an already great product but leave it to the Adams team to make something great into something fantastic!

I just hope the smell doesn't change because I was highly disappointed when the Waterless Wash changed. If it does, I'll be buying up all of the old stuff I can get my hands on.

Dylan stated that the smell has been altered slightly due to the added chemicals. I hope it's not far off from the original either, but we will see.

I just hope the smell doesn't change because I was highly disappointed when the Waterless Wash changed. If it does, I'll be buying up all of the old stuff I can get my hands on.

WW changed because that scent was helping to kill the color. :thumbsup:

While nice scents are fantastic to have while detailing instead of huffing some nasty chemical smell, the goal with any of our products is to be the best in the category for that product in performance and ease of use, then we make it smell good.

Welcome to the Forum, this place is AWESOME!:welcomebanner:

Mook

Edited by Mook@Adams

Don't get me wrong... I love Adam's products. However, I was using the Waterless Wash almost as much as I used the Detail Spray. Now, I hardly use the Waterless Wash at all because not only does it smell different, but it also doesn't work as well as the old version did. It just doesn't seem to have the same ease of wiping it off as the old version or the shine left over when finished. I go through a tremendous amount of Detail Spray and I would hate to see it suffer the same fate. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't and save judgement until I've tried it, but I wish more companies would stick with the old saying... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Change for the sake of change isn't always good and I still wish I could get the old Waterless Wash back.

I hardly use the Waterless Wash at all because not only does it smell different, but it also doesn't work as well as the old version did. It just doesn't seem to have the same ease of wiping it off as the old version or the shine left over when finished.

Strange... because all that was changed on the Waterless essentialy was the coloring and the scent... the base of the product is the same, just a slightly higher concentration of the ingredients, so maybe you're experiencing a little placebo effect? Definitely nothing different about what the product 'IS'... mostly about making it color and scent stable. Increasing the concentrations shouldn't have the effects youre describing.... if they did simply watering it down with DI water would give you back the original formula (save for scent/color)

Edited by Dylan@Adams