1. 1. Which wheels should I get?

• Avarus AV6 Silver
    • Avarus AV6 Black
    • Avarus AV8 Silver
    • Avarus AV8 Black
    • Sport Muscle CM5 Camaro Replicas
    • Verde Parallax
    • Boss 340

What's the width that they specify needs an 8.5" rim.  I believe some folks are running 275s on an 8" GT wheel without issues.

I'm running the new Gforce sport comp2's.  They are a summer only tire, and I absolutely love them.  Traction is great, Wet traction is even better.  Low noise. Beautiful tire with a nice smooth sidewall.  Continuously surprised at how well they handle wet conditions.   I have a dedicated set of rims for snow tires. 

Summer setup is 8.5"ET35 front with 255/40/19, 9.5"ET40 rear with 285/35/19.  Lips are rolled and pulled...hah fender lips guys.

20130414_182208.jpg

20130327_181658.jpg

Winter setup is 17" 8.5ET35 all around with 235/55/17 toyo observe winters.

well, here's an update..

I've been monitoring the remaining tread life as I have been waiting for the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 to come out.. it's supposed to perform better than excellent summer tires..

They're supposed to be out around the second week of July.  Well, last week, the Wife, my Mom, and I were driving home from BJ's and it sounded like I blew out a tire.  As I was pulling over the sound went away.  Being that it didn't feel blown, I continued the short distance to our destination carefully.  I took a look and saw a string, it looked like I picked up a yo-yo..  I gave it a tug and no yo-yo, so I turned the wheel and WOW, the tire is falling apart..

So, the Wife and I are carpooling for the time being..

To add to the madness, according to Michelin's site, the tire I want will not fit my 8" wheels and need at least an 8.5" width..  now I can either sacrifice and get a different tire, or pick out a new wheel and sell my current.. what a dilemma this has been..

I wish I had a hook-up on this stuff like I did 10 years ago..

What size tire are you going with?  You'll be happy with the Michelin's.  I absolutely love my PSS's and Alpin PA3's.

Edited by matts88yj

???????thats a lot of tire talk made my head hurt. The warranties on tires are very tricky. Being 35's maybe the lower profile wheel attributed to the bubbles because of your roads and the way you drive? Road hazard on them??? If not call the company explain your situation and then go from there you may be surprised with the results? Good luck!

What's the width that they specify needs an 8.5" rim.  I believe some folks are running 275s on an 8" GT wheel without issues.

Summer setup is 8.5"ET35 front with 255/40/19, 9.5"ET40 rear with 285/35/19.  Lips are rolled and pulled...hah fender lips guys.

255/35/20 - I've read that people are running wider, but there must be a reason the manufacturer says no

What size tire are you going with?  You'll be happy with the Michelin's.  I absolutely love my PSS's and Alpin PA3's.

255/35/20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3, they're supposed to knock out a lot of HP Summer Tires

???????thats a lot of tire talk made my head hurt. The warranties on tires are very tricky. Being 35's maybe the lower profile wheel attributed to the bubbles because of your roads and the way you drive? Road hazard on them??? If not call the company explain your situation and then go from there you may be surprised with the results? Good luck!

I've spoken to TireRack and they said they would 'work' with me and maybe give me a little discount..  as for the bubbles, all 5 were on the same wheel.  The mechanic that found them said he'd never seen anything like it, especially without damage to the wheels..  who knows

AV8 or 5th Gen replicas.  I LOVE how the 5th gen wheels look on G8's.

Edit:  I was going to send you a message, but it says you can't receive them, so here's what I was going to send you...

Nick,

My step-dad actually has a set of stock 5th Gen wheels that he is looking to sell.  I could ask him how much he wants for them.  2 of them have the stock tires on there w/ I believe around 3,000 miles and 2 of them don't have tires since he took them off when he put new wheels on there.

If you're interested, let me know and I can get the information for you.

Edited by egott_91

I voted the AVS black. And I don't like black wheels.  But after looking at the pics and made the pic LARGE, they were the only ones I really liked on the car. Some of those are just too old school, sedan type wheels. JMO. Good luck with your choice. And I personally like the Nitto tires.  Good tire, not a ton of $$.

My stock wheels were damaged which caused me to get the Camaro wheels I currently have.. the crappy Dunlops have not lasted which is making me buy new tires.. I've done a lot of research and want to get the new Michelins, but need a slightly wider wheel.. therefor I need a new set and will be selling the current to help with the costs..

gee thanks Rich, I kinda like my current, lol

I added two more wheels..  I'm really wanting the Breyton Race GT's, however, they've been discontinued and are proving hard to find..

Wheels are a tough pick, I would add a tire for you Yokahama 580's. just picked up a set and they have been a great replacement for the Pirelli's they replaced, quieter and improved ride. Worth a look for the price, they are all season even though I run winter tires being from MN.

hey mayben,

Check out modbargains.com they are forum sponsors just like Adams on grrrr8.net. Contact Elliot, he helped me out a lot. they have some great selection of nice wheels. I love the VMR's, from the 713 to the 701, and the 710 to 718. Come with good offsets as well. 

Unfortunately, when I was ordering they didnt have the specs in stock. ended up with the Avant Garde M510 for BMW. Needed slight modification to fit over rear hub (center caps didnt work). I ended up going with a different company solely because shipping from California, plus duties into Canada ended up being something like $400. The canadian company price matched plus free shipping, so I came out ahead.

Hopefully im not trampling on some vendor rules here. If so, Mods can delete.

the car was parked in the driveway..

today I took two of the 19s I have and had their tires mounted.. when I got home I threw them on the front.. lookin like a hooptie (sp?)