Customer Service 866.965.0400

WW or Blue Microfiber to dry?

Natch02

Question

Have a few of the blue microfibers but do not have a WW towel. What is the best one to use for drying? Also do you have to use detail spray with the WW? My truck gets real dusty if I use the detail spray? Thanks for any help as I am placing another order.:)

To be honest, I use the WW, but I use a California wiper blade first to take the heavy water off. I don't use the micros for drying. If my WW is dirty, I just use a regular towel.

I would be afraid of scratching the paint with a regular towel, especially with a black car.

Oh my gosh Rich, you have a dirty WW? Just kidding.

If you use the blot method of absorbing water after washing (and you should) the WW is far superior than anything else I've tried. My car is small but I can blot the entire car with only one WW. Never tried to dry with microfiber. I can't imagine it works better than WW.

I know it sounds silly to just put the towel on and lift it off but it works great and prevents swirls even if the towel picked up something scratchy.

Les

Oh my gosh Rich, you have a dirty WW? Just kidding.

If you use the blot method of absorbing water after washing (and you should) the WW is far superior than anything else I've tried. My car is small but I can blot the entire car with only one WW. Never tried to dry with microfiber. I can't imagine it works better than WW.

I know it sounds silly to just put the towel on and lift it off but it works great and prevents swirls even if the towel picked up something scratchy.

Les

Thanks for the tip on blotting!

:cheers:

To be honest, I use the WW, but I use a California wiper blade first to take the heavy water off. I don't use the micros for drying. If my WW is dirty, I just use a regular towel.

Same here, I live by my California Water Blade.

I then go over the rest with my Waffle Weave Micro Fiber towel. I usually never use the detail spray with the MF towel, but the other day I did and although it works well on the paint, it seems to leave some blotchiness on the windows. Just gotta be careful I guess.

I use a dedicated shop vac for blowing off 95% of the water after a washing (shop vac has never been used for vacuuming). As I complete blowing off a section I use a Blue polishing MF to wipe the section with good results. I usually have to use 2 polishing MF but the car looks great afterwards.

Funny story about how soft our blue towels are. Originally - and I mean years ago - our blue towels were white. They were SO SOFT however that we had to dye them blue to get them to actually absorb!

what about those yellow polishing towels i sometimes hear about you guys use to have?

Yellow towels were nice, 10X better than the cheapies from Wal-Mart or Costco. They were Made in China, and we don't support manufacturing in China.

The Blue Super Plush Microfiber is the nicest towel we know to exist, and it's 10X the quality of our old yellow.

I'm sure people here have both, and will hopefully chime in!:2thumbs:

Yellow towels were nice, 10X better than the cheapies from Wal-Mart or Costco. They were Made in China, and we don't support manufacturing in China.

The Blue Super Plush Microfiber is the nicest towel we know to exist, and it's 10X the quality of our old yellow.

I'm sure people here have both, and will hopefully chime in!:2thumbs:

:iagree:i havent found a towel that is softer. i use the yellow micro fibers from costco for my wheels and glass. keepin the good stuff for the paint.:patriot:

my wife keeps trying to steal my MF towels lol

So does my lovely wife! I'll toss in a load of towels in the wash, say 10 or 15, and when I go to get them, she'll have 8 folded on the dryer for me.

Me: "Babe, where are my Blues?"

Wife: "On the dryer honey."

Me: "Washed a dozen or so, and there are 8 here?"

Wife: "Hmm, maybe the kitchen needed them?"

Me: "So does the garage!"

Wife: "Can't you get more ?"

Me: "Sweetheart, . . . . . . . ."

You get the picture. Suppose I need to order for some towels!!:help:

LMAO sounds almost exactly like my wife. ive taken to hiding my supplies. shes found areas of the house to use brilliant glaze, detail spray, my glass cleaner. shed freak if i took her stuff, but she seems to feel free to use all my stuff lol

think for her bday im gonna get her some towels, detail spray and glass cleaner lol

Never heard of the jelly blade? It might be what I need for getting water off my semi truck after it gets washed. I use too many towels now and no place to hang them after I use them.

Later,

The Griot's blade is safer on the paint.I think Adam even recommends it over the cali blade. Wipe off the large drops and then use your waffle towels to do the rest while spraying the car with detail spray.

Works the bee's knees!

Edited by Chewy

I've got some of the old yellow M/F's around also (with black binding), They still work nice, and better than Costco specials. The blue ones are just the best. I swear, if you made underwear out of those you could sell them.

Bruce

No problems with the Blade, unless rubber edge gets a little chewed up. I've only heard of them causing damage when they are used long after they are ready to be tossed!

:2thumbs: The standard California Water Blade works great, I haven't used the Griots one myself, but if it is good enough for Adam, it's good enough for me!

The Griot's blade is safer on the paint.I think Adam even recommends it over the cali blade. Wipe off the large drops and then use your waffle towels to do the rest while spraying the car with detail spray.

Works the bee's knees!

Hey Chris, is the Griot's blade made in the USA? I forget.

Thanks!:thumbsup: