Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Total Interior Detailer: Beta Test Sample Review

Z71_Denali

Question

i hope i didn't spoil the name with my title :D that's what the instructions call it, so that's what i'm calling it!

here is my review of the product:

Smell: the scent is quite interesting. its not bad, but its nothing like some of the other detailing products. it kind of reminds me of changing a baby's diaper for some reason. maybe more of a baby powder smell. (hint: details on my little white instructions sheet say it has a "odor neutralizing additive"; which baby powder does)

Color: the color is also quite interesting, as you can see below, its sort of a mint green color, with zero transparency.

Ease of Use: this is where i believe the new TID surpasses the Leather & Interior Cleaner. have you ever tried to clean hard textured plastic door panels with the leather and interior cleaner? every time i do in my truck, the towel sort of clings to the panel. the new TID wipes away like it wasn't even there.

Final Results: the new TID leaves the surface its applied to clean, with a matte finish, just like it would be fresh off the factory floor. if you like matte finish interiors, this is the perfect product for that. if you like more shine, apply some Leather & Interior Conditioner! the little white sheet also says it has "SPF protection from UV fade". not really sure how to test that, only time will tell. the description also states that the product has "anti static additives to prevent slow dust accumulation". time will tell for that, but i have a feeling those results will come soon.... my truck has the interior detailer applied, and i'm going to clean my SRX as i used to without the new detailer. in about a month i will take a side by side comparison of the dust accumulation since they're both daily drivers with dark dashes.

Overall, i am satisfied at how it performs! i have a feeling this product will be more useful to the average Adam's customer to maintain that clean "just detailed" look over Leather & Interior Cleaner, which truly flexes its muscles on really dirty plastic and leather! below are a few pics of it in action...

Unboxing

7C5FB6CF-DF28-4417-92F9-736CAA41C6D7-12404-00000587B5E9C4E3_zps9c778fe3.jpg

Before:

B4A56E1F-C374-461F-9C97-18651A7746FE-12404-000005837DA3E7A0_zpsab91f7fe.jpg

50/50

865CFD46-F1FB-4787-9714-0D2375FE6AE2-12404-000005837403E011_zps095720eb.jpg

After

62700960-ED10-4F39-9B9E-CB3D277C5A45-12404-000005838071CC5F_zpse964fae0.jpg

8193DE5A-C7B1-4F53-B57B-5A7AE26BD56D-12404-000005837A24B12F_zpsf934e7f1.jpg

50/50 on leather

A4456788-691B-4E61-9413-0B8FBD9207E4-12404-0000058383ED5ADF_zps6cfab3ad.jpg

50/50 on dash

5010EA34-DA41-486B-912D-5E9FCE89CB7B-12404-0000058390F07C6A_zpsf7490db5.jpg

50/50 on steering wheel, probably the most noticable of my photos

ADCA4985-504F-4512-84D3-0EAFCED8BEDA-12404-000005839441D89F_zps7024d78c.jpg

after

CCBCA627-EB70-42ED-803B-DDCEB3002703-12404-0000058397DB253A_zps96619077.jpg

50/50: Leather Conditioner vs. Total Interior Detailer (pure personal preference to which finish works for you and your vehicle)

2A26DEBC-2C38-4041-8377-F27A904CF48E-12404-000005856940637F_zpsb8529a9b.jpg

it was really hard to get good 50/50 comparisons of the new TID vs bare material because of the matte finish it left, combined with the crappy lighting in my garage and the cell phone pics didn't help, but thats all i have to work with since my wife has the good camera with her in Houston right now. the truck panels were by no means clean to our standards, but nothing compared to a neglected car. thats where the true 50/50s would be more useful i think.

50/50: Leather Conditioner vs. Total Interior Detailer (pure personal preference to which finish works for you and your vehicle)

2A26DEBC-2C38-4041-8377-F27A904CF48E-12404-000005856940637F_zpsb8529a9b.jpg

Definitely liking the Leather Conditioner results.

Just my personal preference, but I prefer a gloss to a matte interior look anyday

Thanks for the write up Ryan. Appreciate the comparisons.

I like the results. I can see where the new interior cleaner is actually cleaning the surfaces which I expect.

Its hard to compare when you already have a pretty clean interior. But the 50/50 shots do show how much its working.

I guess its all preference on what people want for gloss or the mat finish look.

I would love to see what it can do on a mild to heavy soiled interior.

thanks everyone!

ummmmmm...... i would say this does not condition anything, but i could be wrong. the description only mentions it lightly cleans and PROTECTS the surface from UV rays. more or less it combines the 2 step process into one for plastic bits, and if you have leather or padded vinyl, i would recommend finishing with the Conditioner on those parts only.

the main advantage i like about this over its tougher red-headed cousin (Leather & Interior Cleaner) is the ease of use! like i mentioned in the OP, wiping the product on/off the panels was so easy, and the towel didn't cling or stick to the panel like it sometimes did for me with LIC.

Thanks for the write up. but i do have to say your 50/50 shot of the leather Vs. the TID makes me like the look of the leather cleaner better

i ended up finishing that top pad of the door panels with conditioner :D

but i really like the final look of the dash and lower door panels with the Total Interior Detailer :cheers:

i ended up finishing that top pad of the door panels with conditioner :D

but i really like the final look of the dash and lower door panels with the Total Interior Detailer :cheers:

ok, off topic. I am asking b/c we have the same door on our trucks. Is that an insert for the double cup holder or is this how your truck came? I only have a single cup holder and it is molded into the door.

i bet the interior detailer will be a big seller from the ease of use and results obtained

ok, off topic. I am asking b/c we have the same door on our trucks. Is that an insert for the double cup holder or is this how your truck came? I only have a single cup holder and it is molded into the door.

i bet the interior detailer will be a big seller from the ease of use and results obtained

this is how mine came. they changed the door panels in '09 on the WT, LS, and LT models

Definitely liking the Leather Conditioner results.

Just my personal preference, but I prefer a gloss to a matte interior look anyday

What's interesting, is I like the gloss look in my truck, but like the look of a matte finish in the wifes Jeep.

I can't wait to try this out! I'm pleased with the LIC, but is this intended to replace it?

i don't think so. more of a milder form of the cleaner with the added SPF and anti-static to make it a 1 step clean up of a well maintained car ;)

Ryan do you think this is something that can be used with an interior brush?

no i don't think so. the brush is really for the heavily soiled surfaces. and the instructions say if something is heavily soiled, begin by cleaning with Leather and Interior Cleaner, then wipe the panel with Total Interior Detailer (or Leather Conditioner if you prefer a satin finish)

Thank you for posting this! Nice write-up!

This will not replace either of the L-Twins we currently sell. We felt we needed something like this in the lineup because there are times when one's interior doesn't justify a full clean and condition. I have been playing with some version of this for over a year now, and I must say, I am BEYOND excited you all get to try this out soon. It's quick, easy, smells clean, I do notice less dust on the dash too!

Mook

Thank you for posting this! Nice write-up!

This will not replace either of the L-Twins we currently sell. We felt we needed something like this in the lineup because there are times when one's interior doesn't justify a full clean and condition. I have been playing with some version of this for over a year now, and I must say, I am BEYOND excited you all get to try this out soon. It's quick, easy, smells clean, I do notice less dust on the dash too!

Mook

I had stated a couple of years ago I needed something like this. Glad someone listened to me... :lolsmack::loser:

It's true though. I don't know how many times I've used WW to just dust my interior. NO MORE! Waiting for the gallons of this and buying it. I'll use in our sofa like MAD!

I had stated a couple of years ago I needed something like this. Glad someone listened to me... :lolsmack::loser:

It's true though. I don't know how many times I've used WW to just dust my interior. NO MORE! Waiting for the gallons of this and buying it. I'll use in our sofa like MAD!

My wife loves this stuff for the house too. I have taken every "bad" sample home for dusting purposes. Those samples were pretty weird in scent or performance but weren't far off the final recipe.