Customer Service 866.965.0400

1 car garage

Blazer15

Hey guys. Me and the GF are looking at houses to rent and there are some with 2 car garages (preferable) and a lot that have 1 car garages.

My question is, how cramped is a 1 car garage actually? It seems like the car fits, but that's about it. Would I at least be able to have space to detail it?

I'm sure every garage is a little different in size but in general.

Thanks guys,

Kevin

I'm sure every garage is a little different in size but in general.

You just answered your question! :D

In my area most 1 car garages are extremely tiny. Probably just enough to fit a small compact car in there.

However my friend just bought a house with a 1 car garage and even though it's still some what narrow this one is really long and has a full work bench at the front with cabinets and allows for a lot of room.

But like you said. They're all going to be different. I would prefer a 2 car garage so you have plenty of working space.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Not all 1-car garages are created equal. In fact, I have 2 cars in my 1 car garage!

2012-10-16212018_zps4273ef63.jpg

And before you ask, it was a PITA to get the MR2 sideways and up over that 3 inch step. But I'm one resourceful MF... :lolsmack:

No, you have one and a half cars in your one car... :lolsmack:

My garage is 33x22 or 24 I think and I could use double the size with three cars, lawnmower, motorcycle, snow blower and all the other stuff!

I would like to have a (number of cars you own + 1) garage.

I started with a 3 car garage, now I tell my wife I want a 6 car, 2 bedroom house!

If I ever build a house, it will basically be a garage with a loft for bedroom/bathroom.:D

Yeah, if you have a 1 car garage you'll want a 2. When you have the 2 you'll want 3 and so on. Agreed though, if the right house only had a 1 car garage you could make it work.

Bruce

In fact, I have 2 cars in my 1 car garage!

Looks like a sharp AW11 there - '85?

I have one, too - perhaps the only car I will keep forever.

I have a two car garage with three cars stuffed in it.

This summer I am adding two parking lifts so I can put four cars in.

Always get the most garage you can afford!

I have seen some garages that they call a "2 car" and I know for a fact I wouldn't even be able to park my truck in there by itself. Garages are one of those things that you think it is plenty big in the beginning and eventually fill it up. Trust me, that is the way it goes. Mine looks like a 2 car from the front but is 45 feet deep. Back half I store all my tools.

I have seen some garages that they call a "2 car" and I know for a fact I wouldn't even be able to park my truck in there by itself. Garages are one of those things that you think it is plenty big in the beginning and eventually fill it up. Trust me, that is the way it goes. Mine looks like a 2 car from the front but is 45 feet deep. Back half I store all my tools.

Lucky!

Mine is a 2.5 car garage..its plenty for now. Only real reason I want a 3 car garage is if I got another car. But that won't happen anytime soon

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Have a single on the house... That's Hers.

Have a 36x24 detached in the back of my acre... That's mine.

Having the pad extended this year to add 24 feet to the 36' part of that garage.

No matter what you get in this society.... Never enough unless its taxes.

Get a 2 at min.

Looks like a sharp AW11 there - '85?

I have one, too - perhaps the only car I will keep forever.

I have a two car garage with three cars stuffed in it.

This summer I am adding two parking lifts so I can put four cars in.

Always get the most garage you can afford!

Yes, it's an 85. Completely stock and unmodified, except for a modern radio and the aftermarket wheels (though I do still have the originals of both). I found it in Arizona about 2 years ago and drove it home to md. I think it may be the only rust-free aw11 on the east coast! It has a 120k miles on it and it runs like a top. I love it, but I actually am considering selling it -- I'm getting the bug for a truck and just can't have 3 vehicles.

• 2 months later...

Reviving from the dead.

My garage is 20 x 10.  Single car.  I haven't been able to park inside due to storage, but am slowly cleaning it out and organizing things so they aren't in the way.  Moving my work bench downstairs, and my snow blower to my parents place.  Should on be left with trash can, recycling bins and miscelaneous equipement up on the wall.

What do you guys think, do you think 10' is wide enough to sit on my stool and move my PC around some paint?

EDIT: Specs on the G8 are 6.2feet total width.  ee that's tight.  Practically 2' on each side.  I suppose I could park so that I have 1' on one side nad 3' on the other.... 

Edited by Periodic

Thanks. Im not sure its worth 260 to move the car over a foot. Also it would be really tricky to jack the car up inside the garage. That only leavea outside..and I have a 6% slope driveway...which is relatively steep and maybbe tricky to push a car uphill.

Never enough room, have 2 car and shed is 1 1/2 car garage. Everything else in them also but cars fit in fine. Main garage wife's side you could detail in, other side and shed (can see in photo), cars fit fine but no extra space other than to vac them out....

Edited by Rich B.