Customer Service 866.965.0400

This ever happen to you?

CMDChase

I spent 12 hours this weekend detailing my cousin's '03 Trailblazer. When I finished on Sunday, I started to walk around the car for my final inspection. At that time, my cousin came out of the house to "help", holding a roll of paper towels. I tried explaining to her why paper towels shouldn't be used and tried replacing them with some detail spray and a MF towel. She refused saying she always uses paper towels. Guess that's why her vehicle was just one huge swirl mark.

Thats a scary thought, not to mention the amount of paper towels you would have to use for a Trailblazer. The guy across the street from me uses a kitchen style cleaning sponge to wash his Miata and it makes me cringe every time i see it. :(

I had to learn that before I do anything for family any more, I have to realize what they are "happy" with. IF it's auto wash-car-paint-killers, you just have to let them be happy, and if they ask you to do something, lower your own expectations, force yourself to be ok with it, so you can sleep at night.

:D

Mook

I had to learn that before I do anything for family any more, I have to realize what they are "happy" with. IF it's auto wash-car-paint-killers, you just have to let them be happy, and if they ask you to do something, lower your own expectations, force yourself to be ok with it, so you can sleep at night.

:D

Mook

Yup, exactly. Whenever I visit my mom she asks me to wash her car, and to get me started we go out into the garage and she gathers up the "use for everything" plastic bucket, the rough old bath towels, the big scrub brush for getting bugs off the grill, the bottle of armor all car wash, etc. But you know, it makes her happy to have someone give the car a good cleaning, and as long as mom's happy, it's a job well done. :patriot:

I too see that all the time. Friend of mine clean their bikes with the aerosol cleaners/polish in one products. Dirt, bugs, tar being mashed and haphazardly scraped into and across perfectly innocent clear coats. What's better, is a friend of mine uses it and buffs it into one on denim Harley paint. At least, it was denim. It's somewhat glossy currently, lol.