Customer Service 866.965.0400

Happy with Glass Cleaner?

rimz808

Question

Thinking about giving Adam's Glass Cleaner a try... should i?

I've gone through so many different consumer, over the counter, types of glass cleaner, and I have yet to be completely satisfied with any. I do have a glass microfiber cloth, even tried paper towels and newspaper, but i always seem to develop some streaks no matter what. Sometimes i dont catch it right away and not until i pull out of my garage, look in my rear view mirror, do i see a streak in which i have to get out of my car and wipe it.

In addition, it seems whenever i drive, i will have a build up of dust on my windows which almost every day, or every other day, i'm having to clean my windows. I'm hoping that with Adam's glass cleaner and sealant, my daily window cleaning routine will drop to maybe just a once a week routine.

Has anyone who used the Glass Cleaner notice a substantial difference than over the counter products (like Invisible Glass), or does it give pretty much the same results (please be honest).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,

Ryan

25 answers to this question

I had an OTC glass cleaner that I was happy with. I thought Adam's glass cleaner couldn't be that much different. I finally broke down and bought some. NO WAY WILL I EVER LOOK BACK. This stuff rocks!

I used Stoner's for years then got a bottle of Adam's. I used it, was impressed and bought a gallon of it. That glass cleaner in combination with the glass cleaning towels is the real deal. I have found the easiest way to reduce streaking is to use less product, and don't forget to clay bar the glass. This step will start you off with clean glass. One more tip: I wipe the glass side to side on the inside and up/down on the outside. I can tell right away which side needs a quick second wipe.

BTW: The smooth side of the towel is very similar to the MF towels for eyeglasses. No streaks on my glasses, no streaks on my car's glasses.

Edited by sportredmistress

I also used Stoner's for a few years and was okay with it. Picked up a gallon of Adam's GC and (like many others) will not look back. It works great. I currently do not have their glass towel but just use two paper towels (one for cleaning and one for drying right after). I use it around the apartment now on everything. It works great and the smell doesn't hurt anything either.

EDIT: Now's a good time to buy Adam's Polishes - WEEKLY SPECIAL: Adam's Glass Cleaner Gallon Refill with FREE BONUS!

Edited by ksell87

I had an OTC glass cleaner that I was happy with. I thought Adam's glass cleaner couldn't be that much different. I finally broke down and bought some. NO WAY WILL I EVER LOOK BACK. This stuff rocks!
Adams glass cleaner is a great product. Definitely a product where you can say why didn't I buy this before.

:iagree: X2.

I think the glass cleaner may be one of their best products! Make sure you get the glass towels to go along with it. While I certainly used on the vehicles I also use that around the house. Nothing better on shower doors.

I agree with everyone...Adam's glass cleaner is the best I have ever used. HOWEVER, it does not exempt you from using proper technique. If you spray too much product then commence to wiping as if you were using windex...you will get streaks. I have found that lightly misting the windows then using the glass towel as more of a squeegee rather than a towel gives the best results.

Watch Dylan demonstrating the waterless wash technique...cleaning glass is similar.

Glass cleaner is by far my favorite product. Maybe it's the towel that helps, but I've never used a glass cleaner that's so easy to use, and so easy to prevent streaks. Awesome stuff.

IMHO the towel from Adams is the key for excellent results. While the cleaner Adams sells is terrific, I've also got great results from competitors products - as long as I use the Adams towel. Stay away from paper towels and cheap microfibers on your windows.

Less is more with this. I find it Amazing on all glass, car, SS, and house!

Mool

TRUTH. i feel a 16oz bottle will last me at the very least a 1.5 years the way i use it and i get excellent results.

TRUTH. i feel a 16oz bottle will last me at the very least a 1.5 years the way i use it and i get excellent results.

I've had a gallon of the original that I added a bit of DS to for probably 4 years now and I just filled up the sprayer for the last time. In the house we use a sprayer I got from Home Depot so it's HUGE, and it lasts about a year. We use it mostly in the kitchen, but also on the house windows.

Yes, there's a new gallon sitting at the ready in the basement... :thumbsup:

Chris

I've had a gallon of the original that I added a bit of DS to for probably 4 years now and I just filled up the sprayer for the last time. In the house we use a sprayer I got from Home Depot so it's HUGE, and it lasts about a year. We use it mostly in the kitchen, but also on the house windows.

Yes, there's a new gallon sitting at the ready in the basement... :thumbsup:

Chris

How does the mix of DS turn out? i was thinking about giving it a try. Doesn't cause any streaks?

How does the mix of DS turn out? i was thinking about giving it a try. Doesn't cause any streaks?

I did this with the original dark green window cleaner Adam had 4 years ago. The new lime green actually has some of what makes DS so great in it. :2thumbs:

I did it because the new stuff came out like a month after I bought mine and I wanted to see how it worked. I tried it with a spray bottle first and then mixed it into the gallon once I knew I liked it.

It gives a better finished product IMO. Smooth glass with a bit of DS left to make it bead like mad in the rain. I see this on my house windows all the time. I also think the thin amount of DS on there makes it easier to clean later. That may all be in my mind though... :loser:

Buy it, I put 30k a year on my Camry and GC is the best I've found. It's easy to put on and as everyone has said, less is more. I haven't had any issues with streaks, then throw some glass sealant over it and BAM. It's a great combo.

I have always liked the glass cleaner although I am not a fan of the glass towels i always have the issue of them getting too wet. LAst few years I have had the best luck using the waffle towels for cleaning windows and never have a streaking problem.

Joe