Customer Service 866.965.0400

New 2-Step Paint Correction System Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

This week we released for presale our new Paint Correcting Polish, Paint Finishing Polish, and Microfiber pad system. The videos below are part of a larger series that will be released later this month with even more new products and tools.

Some basic FAQ questions that have come up so far:

Does this replace the old SSR, SHR, and FMP system?

Yes. The new 2 step system is more effective and faster.

Are you discontinuing foam pads?

No. Adam's foam pads will still be sold. The only pad being discontinued is the green pad since Severe Swirl Remover is no longer needed/offered.

Will the new polishes work with my current foam pads?

Yes. The foam pads are not changing. The same orange and white foam pads you currently use can be used with the new system.

Which is better, microfiber or foam?

There is no one size fits all answer. Different conditions call for different pads, we suggest watching the videos below and perhaps trying both systems to see what works better for you. Each system has pros and cons.

Can you use the old polish system with the new microfiber pads?

Yes. While the results may not be consistent or as effective as the new polishes, the current polishes can be used with the new system.

Will there be a 4" version of the microfiber pads?

Yes. Look for the 4" microfiber system to be released near the end of June - beginning of July.

How do I clean my Microfiber pads?

Adam's Microfiber Cutting and Microfiber Finishing pads are machine washable! Start by using the pad brush to break up any caked on polish from the fibers. If very dense polish contamination is on the pads surface spray a few squirts of Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener into the face of the pad and agitate lightly. Wash on a warm (not hot) setting separate from all other materials (including your microfiber towels).

Air dry the pads somewhere clean and with plenty of airflow. If faster drying is needed the pads can be machine dried, be sure to use no fabric softener and the lowest heat setting possible.

EDIT 7/1 - Replaced the individual videos with a single playlist link below.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

225 answers to this question

This thread has taken a hard left turn...

So, back to the topic of the actual thread and not all of the side conversations...

For those of you that HAVE gotten the new system, do you all like it better using foam or microfiber pads?  Or both (one for cut, one for finishing)?

This thread has taken a hard left turn...

So, back to the topic of the actual thread and not all of the side conversations...

For those of you that HAVE gotten the new system, do you all like it better using foam or microfiber pads?  Or both (one for cut, one for finishing)?

Mine will be here friday. I am sticking with foam for now because it is what I'm used to and I don't often encounter anything that would require the cut of MF. I'd imagine on darker cars it would be almost required to finish with foam. Adam even suggests it because the finishing MF can leave dark paint a bit hazy. This "hybrid" system he talks about (cutting with MF, finishing with foam) sounds like the best approach for that situation. 

I think it also depends on which machine you are using as well. I know JBlack151 finds the MF pads better on the Rupes, and the foam pads better with the Flex/PC. But everyone is different in comfort level, technique, etc so it's a tough choice I know. Thankfully with Adam's 110% guarantee, you won't be stuck if you get both sets and find that one just isn't working for you.

Mine will be here friday. I am sticking with foam for now because it is what I'm used to and I don't often encounter anything that would require the cut of MF. I'd imagine on darker cars it would be almost required to finish with foam. Adam even suggests it because the finishing MF can leave dark paint a bit hazy. This "hybrid" system he talks about (cutting with MF, finishing with foam) sounds like the best approach for that situation. 

I think it also depends on which machine you are using as well. I know JBlack151 finds the MF pads better on the Rupes, and the foam pads better with the Flex/PC. But everyone is different in comfort level, technique, etc so it's a tough choice I know. Thankfully with Adam's 110% guarantee, you won't be stuck if you get both sets and find that one just isn't working for you.

I figured with darker vehicles, the "hybrid" system would be the best.

I've heard that the MF pads w/ the Rupes is absolutely awesome.  I have the Rupes, but haven't tried it w/ MF pads yet.  As of right now, if I need a heavy cut product, I have one that works for me, so I probably won't be purchasing the 2-step system until I run out of that or I give that to someone and get the Adam's.  Lol.  I will probably pick up the MF pads at some point though.

I got my polishes in and will be doing the whole car with them to test them out.  The car is pretty good since I've already polished it but does have some very minor issues that Finishing Polish on a white pad will take out.  There is however probably a 4" or so diameter area of finer scratches on the passenger panel between the quarter window and front window.  I plan on taping it in half and doing new Polish vs my 105/205.  I expect to be able to get it out nicely with Finishing Polish and orange pad.

I should have mine soon.

I will try them with my PC then the rotary.

If it all works out I'll have all three, PC, Rotary and the Flex, now I'm interested some in the Rupes but just don't know how it compare it to the Flex, is it better?, if so why?

Those type of questions I have.

Kevin

I'm going to issue this as a general "heads up" type warning... keep it in line and lets keep the topic on track. People are coming here to learn about the new products, theres a lot of unnecessary BS and half baked suggestions in here that serve as nothing more than a distraction for those who want to learn about the product. 

Thanks! 

Can you use the old flat faced Flex pads with the new system? I have some unused flat faced Flex pads. 

I have an Orange, White, and Green. Obviously you can't use the green, but the other two.

I assume you can.

Edited by BigBlue2007

Can you use the old flat faced Flex pads with the new system? I have some unused flat faced Flex pads.

I have an Orange, White, and Green. Obviously you can't use the green, but the other two.

I assume you can.

Don't see why you couldn't. Only reason they changed the pads was to make them universal to the PC and Flex.

Totally apologize for all for bringing up China and sparking an intense debate and ruffled some peoples feathers.... so basically I buy a PC from China or any other polisher with a 6" backing plate and I'm good to go?

Are the new polishes body shop safe?

Is the Adams duo body shop safe?

I noticed you'd asked this question twice within all the mess and hadn't received an answer. I'd say yes, they would be safe for the body shop environment. They're polishes not glazes, with fillers and not sealants or waxes. From my experience with the two I'd say no silicone in the two products.

Is the Adams duo body shop safe?

I would prefer Adam, Dylan or another team member answer this because several years ago I asked the same question and the answer was NO, but that was with the older products.  I BELIEVE Adam said the products contain a product that is an offshoot of silicon and therefore not 100% body shop safe.  

Again, I'd voice that question directly to a team member via PM or email.  

Note: I've hidden the unnecessary banter on this thread.   As Dylan stated, let's keep this on track.  

I've polished a Deep Impact Blue 2103 Ford Mustang and a Silver Steel 2007 Dodge Magnum with the microfiber pads and got absolutely zero hazing. The Mustang was a demo car I did in direct sunlight and it's Blue was a medium dark color. After I was done with the orange microfiber pad and Paint Correcting Polish on the Mustang I wasn't real sure I even needed to finish up with the white and Paint Correcting Polish, the product finish down that nicely on the microfiber.

Any reason why the white micro pad and finishing polish leave the paint hazy on dark colors? ? Whatb colors would say wouldnt be hazy?

Because of the aggressiveness of the microfiber probably. It wouldn't look hazy on lighter colored vehicles. Silver, white, etc.

I just ordered the correction polish and more MF pads, can't wait to see how it will all work with my rotary at speeds , oh let's say 1800 RPM's

With a rotary you use little to no pressure, I'm thinking it will be much faster and easier with the new pads and polishes.

Questions

How well do you guys at Adam's think the new MF pads will hold you using a rotary or PC, more concerned with using them with my rotary.

Do I clean them after each panel and will a soft brush clean them?

How long will it take for the new products take to flash using a rotary ?

I'm excited to receive my order mid week.

I have a few cars lined up that are trashed, I will only use the new polishes and pads to test them.

Read that you can machine dry them, any test on how they hold up washing them and drying them using machine?

I have two full bottles of the FMP, can I use them on the new MF pads along with my rotary.

I have to wet sand at times, will it remove my sanding marks, like 1500?

Or will I have to continue to use a more aggressive compound and follow up with the new polishes?

I know it's a few questions but I need to know and I'm sure they tested the new products with the rotary.

Reason I ask all of these questions is because of the cars I have lined up and also to make up my mind to order more polish and pads.

One more question,how much control do you have using the rotary using the new pads ?

Kevin

I just ordered the correction polish and more MF pads, can't wait to see how it will all work with my rotary at speeds , oh let's say 1800 RPM's

With a rotary you use little to no pressure, I'm thinking it will be much faster and easier with the new pads and polishes.

Questions

How well do you guys at Adam's think the new MF pads will hold you using a rotary or PC, more concerned with using them with my rotary.

I have a few cars lined up that are trashed, I will only use the new polishes and pads to test them.

Read that you can machine dry them, any test on how they hold up washing them and drying them using machine?

I have two full bottles of the FMP, can I use them on the new MF pads along with my rotary.

How well do the pads pick up a bead off the finish using the new pads using a rotary?, I prefer using this method over dabbing

Or will I have to continue to use a more aggressive compound and follow up with the new polishes?

I know it's a few questions but I need to know and I'm sure they tested the new products with the rotary.

Reason I ask all of these questions is because of the cars I have lined up and also to make up my mind to order more polish and pads.

One more question,how much control do you have using the rotary using the new pads ?

Kevin

Edited by MrHot88

Questions

How well do you guys at Adam's think the new Microfiber pads will hold you using a rotary or PC, more concerned with using them with my rotary.

I have two full bottles of the Fine Machine Polish, can I use them on the new Microfiber pads along with my rotary.

Kevin         

?

Did you watch the new videos?  Flashing depends on too many variables to give you a concrete answer.  If you're using a rotary on someones car I'd hope you know this or some damage is impending.

Use the search option Kevin.  Some of these questions have been answered numerous times.  If you have not gone through the clear, the old system and foam pads could take care of wet sanding marks with the right technique and time... again, if you're wetsanding, I'd want to be sure rather than go of someones word.  Do a test area.

Edited by IrishCurse

Any reason why the white micro pad and finishing polish leave the paint hazy on dark colors? ? Whatb colors would say wouldnt be hazy?

Ralfy it all depends on how soft or hard the paint is, softer paint doesn't need a MF pad to finish. You get haze IMO on softer paint with a MF pad, because its still too aggressive. I still prefer cut with MF when needed, finish with foam.

Mook

Questions

I would say they will hold up as well or better than any other mf pad.

Do I clean them after each panel and will a soft brush clean them? Yes and you really need a stiffer brush.

Too many variables but let us know your findings.

I would only dry them on little or no heat. I have not had good experiences drying mf pads in the dryer unless the heat is very low.

FMP will not remove sanding marks.

Maybe so, you will have to determine that.

Again shouldn't be any different than other mf pads.

Kevin

Ralfy it all depends on how soft or hard the paint is, softer paint doesn't need a MF pad to finish. You get haze IMO on softer paint with a MF pad, because its still too aggressive. I still prefer cut with MF when needed, finish with foam.

Mook

Good stuff buddy ill keep that in mind! Doing a black hummer on sunday so ill have to do some testing!

I think it's time both of you stopped responding to the other. Nothing is getting accomplished except for jacking our threads...

It's really getting annoying gentlemen.

I simply asked a question, well a few and it's about the products and pads I ordered today.

Nothing wrong with that.

Doesn't matter who responds to my questions or concerns.

Kevin

Asking questions is why most of us are here, to learn about the new products.

Edited by MrHot88