Customer Service 866.965.0400

Patriot Shelf Life

IrishCurse

Question

What do you think the approximate shelf life of the Patriot wax is? Paste wax lasts pretty long by nature, but patriot is softer than Americana for instance. I am asking because I plan to buy a second pot based upon this information. I no longer store my waxes in the fridge, as the last time I did that it cracked in three places. It stays in the climate controlled house between 68 and 74 degrees at all times. None of my waxes have cracked being stored in this manner. I use Americana as well, so I'm hoping Patriot has some long legs in storage.

15 answers to this question

I would imagine the shelf life is similar to Americana, which that being said I have kept my Americana in the fridge the whole time I've had it and its going on 4 years that I've had this tub. Still works great

Both my Americana and Patriot are in the fridge and will stay in their spots. I don't think that Patriot will crack, becauce, like you said, it's softer/creamier than Americana.

Edited by egott_91

I didn't want to start a new topic for this question as I start many.  Hope this is seen!  :)

I have sealed all of my vehicles with either AQS of MSS and have applied BG then Americana as the LSP.  Its been at least a month since I washed two of those vehicles that sit outside, 24/7, in the NM sun/dust storms.  I am washing the truck starting at 6 am tomorrow (I've learned the lesson of letting soap dry on the finish, never again), and am wondering about LSPs.  Dylan and others confirmed what I thought: Patriot is best applied by itself, not layered over Americana or other waxes.  If its been a month in this harsh environment, is the Americana LSP likely gone, exposing the sealant underneath, thereby affording me the opportunity to re-seal the paint, BG, and apply Patriot?  If so, that would be my favorite.  :D  I strongly believe I am correct, but my hope fuels that belief, so there may be a bias there. Lol.

I doubt your Americana has been removed after one month. I put one thin coat of Americana on a car that was kept outside and not taken care of, and was still beading water well a couple months later. But if you want to be safe, do a strip wash and apply the Patriot.

No strip wash for the truck until fall. A great suggestion though, and I agree, that's the best course of action considering the facts. The truth is I want to use my Patriot, but I don't want to strip anything. I really want to see that wax in action, but that doesn't exactly stop me from throwing some BG and a coat of it over the Americana. It's certainly not as if Americana is second rate wax; it too is fantastic. This is a good dilemma to have I must say! :)

I don't understand why it's still uncertain why we won't see it after the limited run. Everyone loves it and the people who don't have it said they would if it can in a cheaper container. Dylan worked long and hard to make patriot, I would think the would want to sell more than 250 jars.