Customer Service 866.965.0400

Testing Out New Packaging!

Team Adam's

Question

A little sneak peek of a new gallon design we're trying out. 

These have a slightly different shape to the neck, which is not only sturdier, but b/c it has more of a gradual taper to it reduces the chances of the accidental "GLUG!" spill when trying to pour product into a bottle when the gallon is near full. 

You may see some of these included in your next order... stay tuned! 

post-1228-0-65608900-1372883478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I haven't had many issues with it either, but if you even look back thru threads on here some people complained that its difficult to refill their bottles without spilling. Just trying to satisfy as many people as we can.

Tell them to get one of these.  Pretty much fool proof if you ask me.

post-706-0-13739500-1372972006.jpg

Edited by LFairbanks

I should also add, we are trying these out with a new heat seal and ratcheting cap to reduce shipping damage. 

A problem that some of you may have noticed is that our bottles 'suck in' during transit. This has to do with the fact that we bottle at over 1mile above sea level. The pressure differential when the product gets to customers in areas at lower elevations is you'll have areas of the bottle pushed in.

Not only is this a cosmetic problem for you guys, its a potential source of leaks as the bottle deforms. 

We consulted with a packaging expert and are going to transition to these breathable heat seals and a ratcheting cap (kind of like childproof, you have to push down and turn to remove). This should reduce the 'suck in' effect as well as reduce the odds of you receiving a product that leaked in transit due to deformation. 

The first product to be tested with this new design is Detail Spray gallons... orders with this new setup will begin shipping today and we'd appreciate your feedback on the packaging once it arrives in your hands. If the test is sucessful we will start to roll out additional products with the foil seals and new caps. 

I don't have that problem as I too am a mile high, but its just another example of Adams listening and catering to the needs of its customers.  Other firms should follow this example, but few do unfortunately.  Thanks again!!  :)

I haven't had many issues with it either, but if you even look back thru threads on here some people complained that its difficult to refill their bottles without spilling. Just trying to satisfy as many people as we can.

Tell them to get an ez fill thread cap thing!

So, do not remove the foil seal, unless you are going to start using the gallon (to keep it fresh)?

Correct. 

The foil seal we've started using on some products is actually a breathable heat seal that serves a couple of purposes:

1) PREVENTS PRODUCT SUCK-IN: If you are at an elevation closer to sea level you've likely gotten a shipment thats slightly 'pinched' for lack of a better word. Because we bottle at over a mile of elevation above sea level there are some pretty funky things that happen in transit to a lower elevation. This new seal allows a small amount of airflow thru the membrane (but no liquid) to keep the bottles from flexing, ultimately meaning your products show up looking better and the plastic is less stressed which means less leaks/cracks.

2) TAMPER PROOF: Your products now show up and you know that they've been untouched from the time they were bottled. This means fresh product as well as the confidence of knowing something is new, unused, fresh off our bottling lines. This protects you (the customer) for warranty things as well as if you buy a product from a dealer/wholesaler.

3) LEAKING: This new seal means less liklihood of leaking product. Some of our chemicals could still, on occasion, make it past the red cap plugs and leak a few OZ of product in your box on the way to you. This new seal is much more complete and that equals less possible issues for you. 

While the foil breathable seals are not in full effect yet, they soon will be 100% of the liquid and cream products... we are making HUGE changes behind the scenes here at Adam's.  You may not even notice anything on your end, but all these changes are designed to increase our efficiency as well as the quality of the product you receive. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

The benefit to the red plugs is that they are reusable. I like keeping them in my polish and wax bottles since they are not used as often as everything else. Keeps product from drying out inside the cap and helps prolong the product's life by maintaining a (somewhat) airtight seal.