Customer Service 866.965.0400

For you guys with pickups

crazycody93

Question

I'm wondering how you guys have cleaned your bedliners? I was able to pressure wash mine with pine sol for soap, and had good results, but i would like to be able to spray on a cleaner, scrub over it with a brush really quick, and have it come out just as nice.

Anybody have any advice?

Mine wasn't heavily soiled, but I had good results with Car Shampoo, All-Purpose Cleaner, a Fender Brush, and a hose to clean the Rhino-lined bed of my Toyota Tacoma.  Once it was dry, I applied SVRT Milk with a spray bottle, wiping it down to even it out.  (Note that I've never pressure-washed mine, so I can't say whether it came out "just as nice", but I'm happy with it...)

Edited by Norton

i guess it really depends on the soiled level of the bed liner.  i usually use a brush with a handle and the car shampoo with my normal wash.  if it was really bad i use the apc.  then apply the vrt if desiered

I guess i should add that i just recently hauled some stuff the had some 'cleaning' chemicals on it, which i do not know. but the places it had dried on, didn't go away after i had used the shampoo and a scrub brush. I did need APC and just ordered some, and was hoping somebody could give me some insurance that this stuff will do the trick,

I'll be giving it a shot anyways, but was hoping to obtain some answers before it got here! Thank you for the input though, i will be looking into it

APC works great, but keep in mind, it removes your LSP, so you'll want to reapply after cleaning.

That being said, unless the bed is full of mulch, leaves, or sticks, I seldom clean it.

My last truck was line-x'd and my current truck has the "factory" sprayed in liner. 

Chris

apc works great. you may though need to neutralize whatever "cleaning chemical" you have on there. before anything works

Well the tough part is I don't know what chemicals it is.. how do I go about neutralizing it?

apc works great. you may though need to neutralize whatever "cleaning chemical" you have on there. before anything works

Well the tough part is I don't know what chemicals it is.. how do I go about neutralizing it?

This thread makes me feel like a slacker! My bed is Line-X and I have never bothered washing it since it is, well, the bed of a pickup. I may just have to hit mine up now with the above techniques!

ha, you and me brotha...it's a bed.  My neighbors already think I am crazy with how much I wash the truck, if they saw me doing the bed, they may kick me out of the neighborhood!

ha, you and me brotha...it's a bed.  My neighbors already think I am crazy with how much I wash the truck, if they saw me doing the bed, they may kick me out of the neighborhood!

My neighbors would do the same, but I carefully close the bed cover up while I'm secretly in there dressing it bed liner.  :ph34r:

Well rarely do i use my truck, as trucks were intended.. :D

We ended up using the u-pol raptor bedliner, that does have a fairly nice finish! so i do like to keep it clean while i can! So i'm currently waiting for my APC to arrive in the mail to give it a shot!

I'm getting ready to PlastiDip mine and call it a day. I have a liner now that I just pressure wash every now and then.

You're going to plasti-dip your bed?  That will come off in NO time.  

My neighbors would do the same, but I carefully close the bed cover up while I'm secretly in there dressing it bed liner.  :ph34r:

i hate neighbors....always nosing around and bothering me when Im in the middle of something.... i love it when your knee deep in a project and they walk over and say "Hey your not busy are you, can you take a look at this?"  Pulling the motor the other day in the oldest son's truck.  up to my ears in oil and coolant and the lady next door wants me to look at something for her in her house....

i hate neighbors....always nosing around and bothering me when Im in the middle of something.... i love it when your knee deep in a project and they walk over and say "Hey your not busy are you, can you take a look at this?"  Pulling the motor the other day in the oldest son's truck.  up to my ears in oil and coolant and the lady next door wants me to look at something for her in her house....

Ooolala!  What did she want to show you Aaron?  :) 

Hey, at least your neighbor isn't an arrogant a$$ like mine that literally called the cops on me because we had a load of compost dropped in the street so the guy could apply it 1 hour later.  Yep!  It was dropped and they called the cops, one hour later the guy came back with the machine to put it down. 

THOSE are the neighbors I have!  NICE right?  

The cop was PISSED that he had to go, but he HAS to go.  

I despise them so much I put up trees this spring so I don't have to see them.

Ooolala!  What did she want to show you Aaron?   :)

Hey, at least your neighbor isn't an arrogant a$$ like mine that literally called the cops on me because we had a load of compost dropped in the street so the guy could apply it 1 hour later.  Yep!  It was dropped and they called the cops, one hour later the guy came back with the machine to put it down. 

trust me i wouldn't want her to show me anything...lol

shes has to be in like her late 60's and shes here from florida visiting her aunt that lives there thats like 90.  now i was fuming all week because its taken me 4 years to get my lawn in the excellent shape that its in and the guy that mows their lawn was on vacation so some substitute mower came and mowed partially on my side and cut it so short that it burnt.  Plus i had just put in a mulched flower bed and they clippings are now all over my mulch....

calling the cops though for compost...thats a bit much.  but remember don't get mad get even!!!

Ooolala!  What did she want to show you Aaron?   :)

You know what I did for neighbors like that? I filled up water baloons and took my RC helicopter and hovered over their fireplace. The heat from the fireplace (or maybe my bad flying LOL) would pop it above the chimney and POOF there goes their fire in winter time. He'd get so pissed wondering what the hell was going on haha.

You know what I did for neighbors like that? I filled up water baloons and took my RC helicopter and hovered over their fireplace. The heat from the fireplace (or maybe my bad flying LOL) would pop it above the chimney and POOF there goes their fire in winter time. He'd get so pissed wondering what the hell was going on haha.

thats awsome...gives me an excuse to buy an rc helicoptor too lol...  really though i am just super jealous of my buddy that just built a house in the woods in the middle of 10 acres...