Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash?

mdrosson

Question

I plan on using the Waterless Wash product during a trip to the smokey mountains next week and just curious how many washes the 16oz bottle will do.  I will be washing a Corvette, so I am guessing a couple of washes easy.  Can anyone confirm?

17 answers to this question

Thanks, I was guessing 2 or 3.  In the video, I believe Dylan states 3-4 towels for a SUV, so I figured 2 on my vette.  Should I plan on more towels?  Sorry for all the question, waterless is a entirely new process for me.

Thanks, I was guessing 2 or 3. In the video, I believe Dylan states 3-4 towels for a SUV, so I figured 2 on my vette. Should I plan on more towels? Sorry for all the question, waterless is a entirely new process for me.

Unless it is REALLY dirty then two towels will get you through.

So after watching the video, I have a question.  Chase states that waterless should be use for short trips.  The trip I am taking is about 350 miles away.  It is suppose to be good weather so I'm only concerned about the normal dusting. 

Would the waterless wash and detail spray still be enough, or should I spray the car off (water only) at a local coin car wash then use the waterless wash and detail spray?  

So after watching the video, I have a question.  Chase states that waterless should be use for short trips.  The trip I am taking is about 350 miles away.  It is suppose to be good weather so I'm only concerned about the normal dusting. 

Would the waterless wash and detail spray still be enough, or should I spray the car off (water only) at a local coin car wash then use the waterless wash and detail spray?  

That would be something you'd have to decide on your own, upon arrival.  But here's what I'd do if I were trying to eliminate the buckets....

Prep before trip:

• Coat leading edges of car (bumper, mirrors, etc) with QS, to allow for easier bug & contamination removal upon arrival

Upon arrival:

• Take car to coin op wash & use high pressure rinse ONLY, to remove surface crud around wheel arches, front end, and settled crud on rear end
  • Attempt to "pool rinse" as best as possible with the car washes "low pressure" rinse
  • Continue with a Waterless Wash process as normally planned
  • Follow up with DS as normal

350 miles would be a bit "much" for me to attempt a normal WW.  BUT it's not out of the question.  But I feel the high pressure rinse at the coin op wash, will help remove some of the bigger crud that will accumulate on a road trip of that size. :) The only step I see in the whole process that could be a challenge is the blow dry of cracks & crevices.  BE VERY VERY CAREFUL, as there will be dust & sediment in that water.  But if you're gentle & keep the towel flipped, and you DAB at the water vs. WIPE it, you could come out just fine!

Edited by Chase@Adams

Thanks for the response Chase.  I'll be driving my vette with a weeks worth of luggage for 2, so doing the normal bucket wash would probably be out of the question.  I just used a clay bar and 2 step polish followed up with Americana wax, so hopefully that will help.  Will check to see if I have any more sealant.